Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ The Guarding of Chaos ❯ New Years Guardian ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I DO NOT OWN YU YU HAKUSHO! That should be obvious…I do own Hikari though…and the east river killer... he's not based off anyone…I think…
 
IMPORTANT P.S For all the people at MEDIAMINER.ORG I am very sorry for the confusion. The other chapters are up on FF.Net. They will be here as soon as I'm done revising two more chapters. They will come quickly!
 
The Guarding of Chaos
 
New Years Guardian
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
 
Hikari woke up the day of her kidnapping in a cold, small room. It was dark, so she saw nothing until her eyes adjusted. There wasn't much to see. The room was old, the whole building probably one that was condemned. Would anyone really search for her in a building with a huge sign that said, `Caution Building May Collapse. Schedule for Demolition'? Her breathing began to be panicked and that only satisfied the monster that held her and watched from the camera that had been placed in on particularly dark corner. He always brought his victims to places the cops wouldn't search right away. After all it was only a temporary base; they had never found his real home base anyways. It was only a matter of time until he brought this pretty little one to her resting place.
 
Hikari moved around. She was scared. She'd seen too many detective shows. How long had she been here? If it was too long, the search would already be turning desperate. Was she even anywhere near her home? What if the police didn't look far enough from home to find her? What about the sadistic creep that had taken her? Oh God, please don't let it be the East River Killer. He's all over the news! I won't get away if it's him! \\Some one help me!!!\\ She screamed. Just screamed. The East River killer, grinned with satisfaction. Go a head, scream pretty girl. No one will hear you. And I'll have my fun with you when we get to our real home base.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~
 
A Park
 
\\Someone help me!!!\\ Hiei awoke with a start and jumped to his feet. What was that? Someone screaming? But I didn't hear that…not really…what the hell?! Hiei's eyes, all three, searched but found no one that the scream could have originated from. His teammates were fine, even the oaf who had still fought Yusuke the other day, already hurting from another fight earlier that day. His sister was fine as well. Could it have been part of a dream he couldn't remember? No he always, always remembered his dreams. I should get out of the place, the damn Ningenkai. It's starting to mess with me. Why do I not leave? He sat down on the tree limb again.
 
He could leave, he didn't have to stay anymore, a fact that only he and Koenma knew, for he had not told anyone that he was free. He thought his first thing to do would be to leave the Ningenkai for the Makai, but he hadn't. He hadn't even told them he was free, so every mission he still went on. What's wrong with me? I should leave!........But where would I go? Hiei drifted back into an uneasy sleep after that thought. He was plagued the rest of the night by fears that weren't his and screams that had no origin but in his head. But stranger was the conversation he could hear, a young woman concerned, but the voice he recognized, somehow….
 
 
~*~*~*~*~*~
 
Unknown building
 
Hikari sat in that empty room for days on end. She barely kept warm with her jacket at night and during the day she could hear people, but they were too far off to help her. She slipped into despair. She wanted her warm home and bed and to be awakened at strange hours by a dog licking her hand, the cat biting her nose, wanting her canned cat food. She was so sad. Would they be at her grandmother's for Christmas? Would they still be looking for her? It had been days. She wished she was at her Grandmothers'. She didn't live to far from Hikari. The house was part of an old farm, and what she wouldn't give to see her Grandmother's face when she opened that present everyone of the eighteen grandchildren had chipped in to buy. She was homesick something terrible.
 
She tried to pass the time, but nothing really worked to keep her mind off of things. Things she shouldn't have been thinking about. Suddenly, the door opened. She looked at her captor. She moved farther back against the wall. He walked up, calmly, with a pair of scissors held in his left hand. He grabbed Hikari's arm and held her still. He began to cut her hair. Scared Hikari didn't move and allowed the man to cut lock after lock of her hair making it only about shoulder length a little longer, but her bands, her bangs he left longer, so they really couldn't be called bangs. Finally he finished and grabbed a lock of her hair.
 
“You had such beautiful long hair. You would draw to much attention with all of it. But it'll give me a wonderful souvenir.”
 
~*~*~*~*~*~
 
Days `til New Years: 2
 
Hiei walked towards the portal for the Makai. His thoughts ran in circles. Why was he so suddenly desperate to have some where to go? It was pathetic. In the days since the first night of screams and conversation that made no real sense, his nights had become full of it. He couldn't really sleep, and somehow had Kurama paranoid the one night he had been forced there. Kurama clearly thought something was wrong with him, but had patiently waited for him to say something. Hn, baka Kitsune, why would I talk about such things? The real reason he wandered towards the portal, taking his time, was that it had finally hit him that he was unneeded here. Once he'd realised it, it had become so stupidly obvious. His sister didn't need him. Much as he hated to admit it she could be protected very well but any of the others, even……Kuwabara. And to top it off, Kuwabara probably knew his sister better then him as well! So he continued to walk at a slow pace to the portal, to his home world.
 
He neared it after a while, but someone stood near its opening. Koenma. What is he doing here? Hiei continued to make his way to the portal, and the Prince of the Spirit World.
 
“What do you want, Koenma,” Hiei asked his normal monotone slightly broken with the new revelations.
 
“I have to stop you from going into the Makai,” Koenma started matterofactly.
 
What the hell, Hiei thought, I'm free. I can leave this is complete bull-,
 
“You said I was free to leave, I am no longer in your service. I can go back to the Makai when I please,” Hiei muttered angrily
 
“Heh heh yes well you see, I need you for a mission. Yes yes, the rest could probably handle any mission I could send them on now, but this one is different, more delicate-” Koenma blundered through the first part of his explanation.
 
“Then have the Kitsune do it. I'm no longer one of your spirit detectives.”
 
“I didn't want to do this, but I can take away your pardon and I can throw you in jail and force you to be back in the service of my Reikai Tantei. As in service, without opinion. Now Hiei, you wouldn't want that, now would you?” Koenma whispered, blackmailing the little demon in front of him.
 
Why that-
 
“Well, I need you to go and get this girl from her kidnapper, who means to kill. Once you do that, I need you to become her full time guardian…..” Hiei stopped listening. He was being forced to do something by a ruler who would go back on his word just for his own gain, so he didn't have to get one of him more loyal and valuable people to do it. Hiei couldn't believe it.
 
“Well, Hiei this is her, will you do it?” Koenma asked holding out a picture. Hiei took steps forward and looked at it. Suddenly, his head hurt, like he had been run over by something, but only his eye twitched when the pain came, so Koenma didn't notice.
 
“So will you?”
 
“Hn, fine,” Hiei muttered still staring at the girl in the photo.
 
“Alright then, you need to get her back to her family, or at least out of his hand by the New Year. You have two days, or he'll kill her.”
 
~*~*~*~*~
 
New York City: New Year's Eve
 
Hikari stepped out of the terminal. She was in New York. Amazingly, her kidnapper had taken her on a flight to New York rather then finding some less risky way of transporting her. He had forced her into new clothes, which fit her way to well. She was still scared. This man was going to kill her. She wanted to go home. Hiei, who was following and watching Hikari and her kidnapper, was disgusted by they way she was treated. It surprised him, after all, she was just human. Hikari began to cry and it caught Hiei's eye. Her kidnapper grabbed her arm and twisted enough to make it hurt and Hikari held in her scream. Hiei, though, got angry and was grateful for the crowd that surrounded the two, though none stopped to ask if something was wrong.
 
Hiei moved towards them and followed. He looked at a sign, began to watch them again, and did a double take. He'd looked at a lot of signs since ending up in America, a detail Koenma had left out until the last moment, but had been unable to read any of them of course, except the last one. It said `Authorized Personnel Only'. Hiei smirked. That might be what I've been looking for. Getting closer to the duo, he got ready, as they passed it, he ran into the kidnapper and another person accidentally tripped him sending him straight through the door. He must have hit an alarm because suddenly one went off. Hiei looked to Hikari, who stared at him, looked to the door, and with fresh tears sliding down her face, ran towards the exits.
 
~*~*~*~*~
 
Yay!…I finally revised chapter two…hopefully Hiei's reason for leaving is better now... if you flame this story, I'll let you know now they will be used to heat this basement…it's bleeping COLD!!!!.......I'm wrapped underneath a blanket here!..... well only a few more to revise!...Ja ne!