Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ The Guarding of Chaos ❯ Uncle ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 7 whooo hoo! I don't own YYH……TO ALL THE PEOPLE WHO ARE READING THIS AND DO NOT PLAN TO REVIEW…DO! I love reviews and I want to know if this IS GOOD OR CRAP!
 
“…..” Talking
 
……… Thinking
 
\\...\\ Hikari talking to Hiei
 
//…// Hiei talking to Hikari
The Guarding of Chaos
 
Uncle
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
Hiei sat in the living room thinking. He had nothing else to do for the moment. Hikari was gathering bandages and yelling at him from other parts of the house. She wanted to know what had happened in the forest, but Hiei refused to tell her anything about it. She had, after all, killed some demon with her bare hands! He didn't think she needed to know that. Hiei sighed. The silence in the house was going on too long. Hikari was about to ask another question.
 
“What was that thing?” she yelled, closer then she had been before. Hiei had stopped answering three questions before and this time remained silent, instead lifting the stained towel that covered his wound. It still bled and showed no sign of stopping anytime soon. She had done so much damage with just her claws! The wounds on his arm were nothing, and had stopped bleeding a while before.
 
As his thoughts wandered back to how the demon had found him and whether or not he was the real target, snickering caused him to look up to the doorway. Someone stood there, leaning against the wood frame, but Hiei ignored most thoughts that came to him as his attention focused on the long bladed weapon held in the man's hands. It was something he had never seen before. Hiei's eyes flickered to the door; the door Hikari was sure to use to come back into the room.
 
“Don't worry about her. It'll take awhile before she gets back here.” He flipped his weapon to the ready and stepped forward, “It gives me plenty of time to kill you, and dispose of your body, aye Forbidden Child?” Hiei's eyes widened.
 
“Hai, I know who you are. If you were anyone else I might've let you live, but I can't have the likes of you around Hikari!” The demon charged and brought the blade end crashing down, catching Hiei in the shoulder. If he hadn't moved at all, Hiei would've lost an arm. He dashed into another room, hand over the bleeding wound to slow the loss of blood, and searched for Hikari.
 
He pressed himself against the wall near the doorway, yet out of sight hoping to have the element of surprise.
 
“Next time your head comes off,” came the whisper from the other room. Out of nowhere, Hikari stood next to him.
 
“Hikari!” he muttered, actually jumping.
 
“Who's that?” she whispered, her voice small and drenched in fear.
 
“Come here.” She came closer. Hiei quickly sensed the youki from the demon, and pulled Hikari into a different room. Where they had been standing was a large scorch mark. Hikari put a hand over her mouth. Hiei sensed the next attack coming and ran from the room, Hikari's wrist held in his hand. They hid from the demon for the better part of the next hour, but they ended up trapped in one room. There was no way out as soon as the attacker stood in the door way. Hiei stepped in front of Hikari as the demon intruder moved forward.
 
“You'll leave her alone, got that?” Hiei growled at the demon. Hikari looked at him, eyes filled with admiration. She couldn't believe Hiei would risk his life for hers! It didn't stop the black haired male with the long weapon though; he continued to move towards them.
 
“No don't!” Hikari yelled as he moved closer and raised the long weapon to lash out at Hiei. Surprisingly he stopped. Looking at Hikari he spoke.
 
“Why would you want him alive?” he questioned.
 
“He's already hurt, leave him alone!” she stated, courage surging through her speech. As the man sought another question, Hiei began to feel woozy. Damn, I'm…still...bleeding… Hikari caught him as he fell.
 
“Hiei? Hiei!” Hikari yelped. The black haired demon lowered his weapon.
 
“He's passed out from blood loss. Stop the bleeding and he'll live.” Without
thinking Hikari did as she was told and the long halberd did not move.
 
~*~*~*~*~
 
When Hiei awoke, he was speechless. There sat Hikari, talking to the man who had been trying to kill them. The long weapon was across the room from them, and Hikari was smiling! Hikari looked over and grinned, and tackled him with all her strength, which was suddenly quite a lot! She almost toppled him over. Her hug was back breaking and Hiei could've sworn she wasn't that strong only days before. Suddenly he was aware of another demonic aura. And it wasn't coming from their unwanted guest. It was coming from Hikari. It was a lot of energy to be coming from such a small young, supposedly human girl. At least I thought she was human!
 
“A~hem, could you get her off of you now!?”
 
Hiei looked at the demon, no longer sporting his black ears or tail.
 
“Calm down, Annai.” Hikari let go of Hiei. Annai attacked him. Hiei moved easily out of the way. This guy has terrible aim. He was way too easy to predict.
 
“What was that for?” Hikari yelled, “I told you he's causing no harm to me!”
Annai looked to her annoyed. Hiei just watched Hikari.
 
“He says he's my father's-” Hikari began.
 
“You can't take what he says at face value, Hikari. He attacked us.”
 
“I attacked you! Not her.” Annai shot back. Hiei glared at him. Annai had the
gusts to glare back. Hikari just sighed.
 
Suddenly, Annai's attention was taken from the half koorime and focused out the window.
 
“Much as I hate to, I must leave. You dare hurt her, I'll kill you!”
 
In the time it took Hikari to look between the males and then to the window, Annai had disappeared.
 
“Who the hell was he?!” Hiei whispered to Hikari.
 
“He said he was my uncle! And why are you whispering?” Hiei sighed.
 
“And you believed him?!”
 
“Hai,” Hikari blinked, “I shouldn't have?” Hiei sighed again and shook his head.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~
 
Hiei stood on the deck in the back yard. As he had expected, Annai was walking back towards the house. What he hadn't expected was that someone was pushing him forcing him towards the still brightly lit house. They were yelling.
 
“You have to!”
 
“Why don't you stay?” The second man stopped pushing Annai. He arms dropped to his sides.
 
“You know I can't. It wouldn't be good for her.”
 
“You never think about yourself!” The man started to push Annai again.
 
“Anyway, Kath says you have to, `Niisan.”
 
“You brought Kathrine into this!?”
 
“Yes,” a chuckle, “Yes I did.”
 
And Hikari thought he was related to her? Hiei thought.
 
“Making sure I haven't the time to attack her are you? That why you came back?” Hiei asked when Annai had made it up to the door that led inside.
 
“Yes, I did. I don't like that you're here, Forbidden Child. She doesn't know a thing about the demon world; otherwise you wouldn't be able to stay near this place. I don't want you bringing it to her either. This façade of being her protector, her guardian won't last forever. The moment she finds who you are, you won't be protected by her anymore.”
 
“W-who says she's protecting me?'
 
“Your stutter just did,” Annai gloated, a malicious glint in his eye. He walked inside the house saying back to Hiei,
 
“She said she'd like me to visit her more.” Unable to do a thing because indeed
Hikari had invited him back, Hiei just stared angrily as Annai sat down inside.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~
 
Days passed and Annai was not forced to leave. Hiei on the other hand, spent little time in the house, now avoiding Annai like he had the plague. Annai still tried to kill him at every turn and Hikari seemed oblivious to it all, saying that her “uncle” wouldn't do such a thing. Unfortunately, Hiei had to admit that Annai's presence was doing Hikari a lot of good. Especially, since, well, he wasn't all that good with dealing with young human girls. Well, he thought she was human.
 
In the days following the giant demon's attack Hiei was finding more and more anomalies concerning Hikari. So far he could only come up with three semi-plausible answers
She was really demon, and actually didn't know it.
 
He was looking too deeply for something that wasn't there.
 
 
Or
 
He was being thick and Hikari was laughing behind his back the whole time.
 
While he didn't like the idea of him being crazy and imagining things, he couldn't help but hope that the second or even third (though he loathed the idea he'd been duped) answer was true. Hikari, light as her name and carefree as she could be, if such a thing were true she would lose all that helped her be her, for most things about herself would be a terrible lie. Even worse, in his mind, though was her finding out who he was. He didn't want to admit it, but Hikari meant something to him, though he didn't really know what.
 
At that moment, he sat in a tree. He could see through the window, could see Hikari sitting at the table, text book before her, note book being written in. It would ruin her life. CRACK. Hiei looked downward. Annai was walking towards the house, being none too quiet about it. Hiei glared down at him.
 
“Safe guarding your treasure?” Annai sneered.
 
“Don't call her that,” Hiei snapped.
 
“I won't let you use her, boy. The Forbidden Child has no business around her.” Hikari's something special to him, Hiei thought.
 
Annai walked inside and was greeted enthusiastically by Hikari. As of the night the two had met, Hiei had not seen Annai's tail or ears. He's hiding. He doesn't want her to know who he is either.
 
“Holy! Hot, hot, hot!” Hiei looked back to the yard. Hikari had come outside. Something had caught fire. Hiei jumped down to pull Hikari away from the flames. Instead as he was about to grab her, she slipped passed him and very near the flames.
 
“Oi! Don't get closer to the flames!” Hiei yelled to her.
 
“Baka, get her away!” Annai shouted to him. Hiei glared at him.
 
“What exactly do you think I'm doing?” Hiei yelled. He grabbed for Hikari again, only this time instead of slipping away from him, she attacked swiftly. She stepped before the flames. A bright flash of light, Hiei was forced to look away and when the light had dissipated, the flames were gone from the original item, held fast now in Hikari's hands. A strange laugh emanated from her. She looked up at him. Her eyes were grey once more and her toothy grin reveled fangs. She tighten the grip she had on the flames.
 
Quickly the flame grew, wrapping around Hikari. The flames shot high and Hiei backed away as one part flashed out at him. Annai stood still on the porch. A bit of horror and a lot of sorrow and recognition filled his violet hues. Hiei yelled at him.
 
“Don't just stand there, baka!” He turned to Hikari
 
“Hikari! Snap out of it!” She didn't appear to hear him. He ran closer and began to yell her name when flames shot out at him again, this time knocking him back. He fell all the way back to the porch, Annai still stood stationary on.
 
How do I stop her? How did this start?
 
“Knock her out.”
 
“Nani!?”
 
“Knock her out, kid,” Annai stated his strangely clam voice bugging Hiei.
 
“You want me to hurt her?! You've lost it. That's exactly why you're here. To stop me from hurting her,” Hiei shot back.
 
Annai growled in frustration. Yes, Hiei spoke the truth but if he valued his life, valued Hikari's life, he would knock her out.
 
“Just do it, kid! It's the only way to stop her now. She's completely losing it.”
 
“I'd rather not trust you.”
 
“Does it look like you have a choice, kid?”
 
“No, I don't and STOP CALLING ME KID!” Ignoring the look Annai now gave him Hiei ran forward to try and stop Hikari. Unfortunately for Hiei, Hikari attacked him again, the fire leaving an unnatural wound on the fire demon.
 
It took some time to get around Hikari but eventually he got close enough to knock her out when she turned right around and attacked him again. Just as he started to be forced back, he punched her. Luckily, as good as she suddenly was with fire, that blow managed to knock her out. The flames she had held were back on the ground, fading before eventually they were smothered. Hikari lay five feet from where the fire had begun. She was unconscious, and Hiei hoped he hadn't hurt her. He walked over to her and gently picked her up, she was so light. Hold on, Annai...how…
 
“Annai! You've seen this! That's how you knew to knock her out. Where..have…you…….” Hiei looked to the porch. Annai was no longer there. In fact he wasn't anywhere in the vicinity as far as Hiei could tell.
 
“Damnitt! Annai where the hell did you go?” Hiei yelled to the woods all around.
 
He knows something. But what? Hiei carried Hikari into her house, and to the living room, setting her down gently on the couch. Annai saw that before, he must have. He's afraid of it. Very afraid. Hiei looked to the forest behind the house. She'll be fine, I think. I've got to find that idiot. Hiei slowly walked out to the portal in the forest, at the base of a hill, tall and proud. Standing just before the portal though was Annai, the man who had pushed Annai to the house a week before and…….It can't be! It's not…There's no way in the three worlds that it can be…no, no, NO!
 
\\Hiei?!\\ Thank you!
 
//Hikari? What is it? Daijoubu?//
 
\\ What happened? I can't remember! Hiei!\\ His name coming from her so desperately caused him to forget the people below and rush to her side.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~
 
“No, please, I'd give my life to change this!” the aburned haired male just about wailed.
 
“Stop wailing, you know you can't,” Annai scolded, though he was still visibly shaken by the turn of events.
 
“This is all my fault. If I hadn't-” the other man started again.
 
“Stop Ototo. We weren't sure. Now we know. You can stop taking all the guilt onto yourself. Her mother is just as much at fault as you. More really.”
 
The woman beside them sighed.
 
“Stop, both of you. Annai, of course you're going to take his side, you always have. You're his older brother! And you,” she turned to Annai's younger brother, “You've taken this guilt for fourteen years. You must stop.”
 
“Demo…”
 
“No buts. There's nothing you can do Hiro but really mustI show you the good side to this?” The two looked dumbfounded.
 
“There's a good side to this mess?” the brothers whispered, voices laced with skepticism.
 
“Hai, you numbskulls,” she looked to the younger of the two men, “Hiro, this goes in our favor.” Hiro stood shocked as he realized what she meant. He grinned and Annai cursed when tears entered his younger brother's eyes.
 
“Yes!” Hiro yelled laughing. The woman laughed with him politely and Annai shook his head.
 
“You always were too emotional for a youkai, Ototo,” Annai chided.
 
Still laughing Hiro, barely responded.
 
“Come on, Niisan. You're telling me to stop being happy about what we've found?”
 
“It's not that joyous of an occasion.”
 
“Yes, it is Niisan! Now we know who Hikari's father is! There's no other possibility!” Hiro yelled in happiness.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~
…Wow…I'm as embarrassed as Annai of Hiro…….well how is that for a plot twist for you?...Probably didn't see it coming….Hikari's going to have one screwed up life when I'm through…..Check out my other story Mute….It's another story take on how Hiei met Hikari only this time people are introduced faster the story line is different and Yukina is in it!......Yep! Hiei's got to get through it while not spilling his gut's to his sister! But that isn't the only plot twist......Well, Ja ne!