Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ The Hidden Past, The Hopeful Future ❯ The Visitor ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
 
AnimeFox1940: Ok! I'm back! Once again, I own NOTHING! Except Kena herself. Oh, but I wouldn't mind at all if I owned Yu Yu Hakusho! ^-^ Ok, well, Enjoy!
~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
 
**Last Time**
 
 
 
Kena braced herself. Bushes moved, trees rustled, twigs popped and snapped, and the wind blew fiercely as this intruder came forward.



He then stepped out.



Kena stared. It was someone, but it wasn't who she so excepted.
 
 
**This Time**
 
Kena stared at him, not exactly sure to mark him as friend or foe.
 
 
 
`Probably foe. I accidentally activated the Aura to this thing, Demons will obviously be attracted to it, I just didn't know that they would be drawn in this quickly.' She thought scooting a little back but glaring anyways.
 
 
 
She could tell he was a demon by his fox ears, and tail.
 
 
 
He was wearing a white tunic and white pants, he had silver hair, silver ears, and a silver tail.
 
 
 
Then she noticed his golden eyes staring at her as well.
 
 
 
But he seemed to be looking her over more then observating if she could kick his butt or not.
 
 
 
“Who are you and what is your reason for being here, Demon?” Kena asked in a cold tone.
 
 
 
He finally looked into her eyes, but said nothing. He had a look that almost made her feel as if she weren't worthy to even breathe in the same air as him, let alone talk to him in such a tone.
 
 
 
“If you're here to take this stupid vase, you're not getting it without a fight.” She then told him in the same tone.
 
 
 
He scoffed a bit. “I'm not here for that. I was sent.” He then said in a deep voice.
 
 
 
“By whom?” Kena then asked him, getting over the fact that he had answered at all.
 
 
 
“By Koenma. He said you'd probably need some help.” He simply said.
 
 
 
She still glared at him. “How do I know that?” She then snapped back.
 
 
 
“Call him yourself if you wish. Not only that, but I don't have the time to be put in jail.”
 
 
 
“But you do have the time to help a human at something like this?” She asked, still with apparent attitude.
 
 
 
“I do when it's an order. And why do you keep snapping at me? I'm doing you a favor.”
Kena seemed to almost blush. Why was she snapping at him?
 
 
 
“Sorry, I'm not exactly welcome to strangers. And you're a stranger.” She said after a minute.
 
 
 
“My name's Yoko.” He said in a blunt, `Can-we-get-this-over-with' voice.
 
 
 
“I'm...” She started then decided it didn't matter, that he didn't care anyways.
 
 
 
`The only reason he's here is to help you with this one little thing, Kena. Nothing more. So there's no need to exchange names.' She thought to herself.
 
 
 
Then there was an awkward silence. The only sound was the leaves and grass rustling in the slight yet cold breeze.
 
 
 
Kena decided to brake it. “You know, you can leave now. As you can see, I've got everything under complete control.”
 
 
 
`I DON'T need his help....at least, I don't WANT to need his help.'
 
 
 
Yoko let out a small chuckle.
 
 
 
“What?!” She asked, not appreciating the fact that he was laughing at her.
 
 
“Koenma said you would say that.” Yoko told her.
 
 
 
Kena blushed for a split second, then she stood up, getting fed up with all of this. “Oh, he did, did he?” She asked.
 
 
 
He nodded, smirking.
 
 
 
“What else did that baby say about me?” she asked him, gripping the vase tighter in frustration.
 
 
 
“He said that you wouldn't greet me like family, let alone as a friend. Nor would you open up so quickly. He said you probably get up and ask: `What else did he say about me?' then after I answered, you would say things about him, say you hate him, give him hell tomorrow, then go on with your life like always.” Yoko told her, still smirking.
 
 
 
“Well, now we both know that the side show freak knows me very well. I hate him for that. And just about everything ELSE he puts me though! Can you believe he gave me the REAL artifact?! I cannot believe he did that!” She screamed out, almost confiding her problems to him.
 
 
 
“Yeah, I can believe that. That's why he sent me, because he said that around this time you were probably find out that the artifact was real, and if you didn't know by the time I came, I was to tell you.”
 
 
 
She glared at the ground. Then sat back down. She was mad by the fact that she had been around Koenma so long, that he knew just when she was doing something, and what she was doing. It sucked.
 
 
 
“Hey, um...” She paused. She couldn't remember his name. “Can I trust you?” She then asked, deciding to get along with this.
 
 
 
“It depends. Do you normally trust thieves?” He asked in a blunt tone.
 
 
 
“Yes.” She then said in a even blunter tone. “Can I trust you to watch over this thing and let me sleep for a while?”
 
 
 
He blinked at her. He obviously wasn't expecting that.
 
 
 
“Ok, then. Night.” she said and lied herself down on the soft grass before he could give her and answer. But as soon as she got down, she jolted back up, sensing another Aura coming.
 
 
 
“Someone's coming.” They both said together.
 
 
 
Kena quickly remade her bow, and stood up. She stood in front of the vase.
 
 
 
They both stood in complete silence, not knowing where this guy would come from.
 
 
 
“Its him.” Kena said after a second.
 
 
 
“Maybe you'd like to tell me WHO.” Yoko told her in an irritated voice.
 
 
 
“It's Takihashi.”
 
~~~~~~~~~
AnimeFox1940: Well, that's all! Thanks for reading! Please review, Ja Ne!