Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ The Hidden Past, The Hopeful Future ❯ A Supposed 'Helping-Hand' ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
 
AnimeFox1940: Ok, AnimeFox here! And I have written another Chapter! ^-^ Disclaimer!!! I do not own Yu Yu Hakusho! Ok, that's all, read and enjoy!
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Takahashi?" Yoko echoed after her.
 
 
 
She nodded and braced herself.
 
 
 
"You mean, the thief? Is that the Takahashi you mean?"
 
 
 
Kena nodded again.
 
 
 
“How is he to be brought in? Dead or alive?”
 
 
 
“It doesn't matter, just as long as he's outta Spirit's Worlds hair--Ah!” Kena quickly dodged as a spear came her way, it just barely missed, because she had just barely dodged.
 
 
 
“You have some pretty weak defenses. For a Spirit Detective that is. But for a human, you're not that bad.” Yoko said, just crossing his arms and smirking, not really caring about the situation they were in.
 
 
 
“Oh Than-an-eh!-HEY! WAIT, was that a compliment or and insult?” She asked, forgetting too, and turning to face him, and just facing him to glare.
 
 
 
Yoko still smirked. “Kind of both.” he said, shrugging just a bit.
 
 
 
“Why, you dirty, pathetic, good for nothing---” Kena started, her voice getting louder and louder, but then Yoko cut her off.
 
 
 
“Move! Stupid Human!!! He's getting the Vase of Torment!” Yoko yelled, glaring at her.
 
 
 
“Oh, cheery name!” Kena sarcastically screamed as she quickly turned around, bow at hand. Only to see Takahashi just about ready to run off.
 
 
 
Takahashi snickered to himself as he started running, he already had a 10 yard start, and Kena could still see him in the clearing that they had started out in. If he got to the trees, she could loose him.
 
 
 
And later the Human World as well.
 
 
 
He was jumping into the air, about to fly off, when Kena quickly knocked and arched her arrow that was set afire.
 
 
 
“Burning arrow!” She quickly screamed as she let go.
 
 
 
At first when the arrow was shot off, there was a reddish ball at the very tip that was mixed with orange and yellow. Then once the arrow shot forward, gaining speed, the orb burst open, causing and extra layer of fire to coat the arrow.
 
 
 
“Hit the mark...” Kena muttered, still holding her bow in the same position it was in when she had let go just about 1.5 seconds ago.
 
 
 
Luckily Takahashi had been facing her way with his face looking right at her.
 
 
 
Then the arrow finally got to Takahashi, and hit.
 
 
 
It dug into his belly, then once he tried to grab it in a desperate attempt to brake free, it exploded, burning every fiber. It left nothing behind.
 
 
 
Well, maybe one thing...
 
 
 
“AH!” Kena screamed out, running forward. The vase was falling from about 55 feet in the air.
She quickly ran the 15 yard dash in a quick flash, “I'm not gonna catch it!!!” She yelled out, diving forward, where she estimated it would land.
 
 
 
Her estimate was correct. She just made one error in her flawless plan.
 
 
 
She had dove too quickly.
 
 
 
And she was already on her stomach, and the vase was only about 4 feet from hitting the back of her head, and if that would not only probably cause her to die, she was going to die anyways because if she did survive, then the vase that would of hit her head would brake, causing all of the Human that breath in the gas, or anyone whom was close enough to be vacuumed into Hell, would die.
 
 
 
That meant her.
 
 
 
And everyone else in Human World, too.
 
 
 
`This is it. I've ruined it. No more playing Spirit Detective. No more School, or Friends, or sisters making fun of you because they're older. It's all over, and I'm going to hell along with everyone else, but even IN hell I won't be welcomed because it's my fault we would all be there anyways.' Kena thought when she sensed the vase falling closer to her.
 
 
 
Kena shut her eyes tightly, waiting to feel that pain.
 
 
 
Then it stopped. In mid air.
 
 
 
She first opened one eye and looked around. `Am I dead?' She asked herself in thought. Then she opened a second eye when every thing felt normal.
 
 
 
She finally looked up, only to see the partner she had got, holding the vase in one hand and glaring at it.
 
 
 
Then once he had seen her look up, he glared at her.
 
 
 
“You stupid human! You could of killed us all!!!” He yelled to her. “Idiot!” He then added.
 
 
 
“Ugh! Excuse me??!” she asked pushing herself off of the ground and moving close to him just so she could insult him.
 
 
 
She had to look up though, because he was a lot taller then she was.
 
 
 
“It's not like YOU were the one who killed him. It's not like YOU were the one who dove forward just to catch the Vase! Just to save the Human World!!!” She screamed out.
 
 
 
“Well maybe if you asked for help and stopped trying to do everything yourself then I would have considered helping you.” Yoko said calmly, as he crossed his arms.
 
 
 
Kena took a step back when he had said that, almost surprised he would talk back at all. Then she got mad, and moved forward again.
 
 
 
She wasn't only known around Spirit World for her great power or the fact that she was one of the very top Spirit Detectives. She was also known for one more thing.
 
 
 
Her short temper.
 
 
 
“WELL, maybe if you were to open up a little bit more, shut the hell up, and act like you actually enjoyed helping, then MAYBE I would of considered to ask you for help!!!!” She screamed back.
 
 
 
He glared at her more. “Well, I don't enjoy helping you. I won't shut up for you, and I would never, NEVER open up to you!!” He said, his voice wasn't calm now.
 
 
 
Now she took 2 steps back at that. For some reason, it had hurt when those last words had came out of his mouth.
 
 
 
Those words sank in fast.
 
 
 
She stared at the ground, sending her hate to it, then she looked up to him. “Well, I'm sorry You hate me so much, and I'm sorry Koenma would do such a horrible thing as this just to ruin your life.” Kena then said in a calm voice.
 
 
 
Yoko blinked at her. “I don't hate you, it's just-” She cut him off.
 
 
 
“I'll take the vase back now, and go back to Spirit World, just so you can be happy.” She said and gently grabbed the vase from out of his hands.
 
 
 
Well, at least she tried.
 
 
 
He pulled the vase back so she couldn't reach it.
 
 
 
“Hey-!” she started, then he cut her off.
 
 
 
He grabbed her right arm and basically glared at her.
 
 
 
“I never said I hated you. I just think you're stupid is all.” He told her.
 
 
 
She glared at him again. “Well, I think you're a conceded, worthless-” she stopped when she noticed his ears twitching.
 
 
 
She stared at them and forgot that she was mad.
 
 
 
“What is it?” he asked her when he noticed her facial expression change., and when her eyes looked kind of distant.
 
 
 
She blinked at the ears then smiled.
 
 
 
She quickly reached up her left arm, because it was the only free one, and grabbed his left ear.
 
 
 
At first he tried to moved back, but she grabbed it anyways.
 
 
 
“Cute..” She whispered when she rubbed it.
 
 
 
`Why do I feel like I've done this before?' She heard a distant voice in her mind think. It was her own, but she wasn't paying much attention to it right now.
 
 
 
Yoko didn't say anything, but his hold on her arm loosened.
 
 
 
Then her watch rang and she was quickly knocked out of her thoughts and actions, and was dragged into reality.
 
 
 
As was Yoko, no matter how much he didn't want to go back, at least right now.
 
 
 
“That's Koenma.” Kena then said happily, forgetting about the silence they had broken earlier with their yelling.
 
 
 
“Um. I guess I better go now!” Kena then added as she grabbed the Vase from him.
 
 
 
Then she stepped back and created a portal, ringed with fire.
 
 
 
She turned around, her back was now towards him, and started walking into the portal.
 
 
 
But the last thing she did, she had no control over.
 
 
 
Once she was in, her head turned a little back so she could see him, then she smiled at him and winked.
 
 
 
Then, just as Yoko had came, she had left.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
AnimeFox1940: Ok, that's all for now! Thanks for reading! Please review!