Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ The Hidden Past, The Hopeful Future ❯ School Sucks, but What Else is new? ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

AnimeFox1940: Ok, once again, I own NOTHING! No Yu Yu Hakusho, No Inuyasha (Which Kena thinks about during this Chapter, No this is not a cross over, but Inuyasha is a show she watches, Which is totally awesome, may I add) Or any Inuyasha Songs either. *Sighs* I'm sad now. *Smiles* But I hope ya like anyways!
~~~~~~~~~~~~`
 
Kena stared out of the window, one of her favorite songs mentally playing in her head, as she nibbled on one end of her mechanical pencil.
 
 
 
The song was Itazurana Kiss, By: Day After Tomorrow. She had gotten hooked to this song from one of her favorite TV shows, which was called Inuyasha (Don't own), and liked the short version, but looked up the long version and memorized it.
 
 
 
The time and place right now wasn't really important to her. Why?
 
 
 
Because it was school. That was reason enough.
 
 
 
But also because she was in her own little world right now.
 
 
 
She was in Advanced Algebra. But since it was the just the beginning of the school year, school only starting 1 week before, they were just going over reviews.
 
 
 
Over puny stuff they had learned in 9th grade.
 
 
 
Which didn't keep her interested for very long.
 
 
 
The class was filled with many different faces of many different people.
 
 
 
Some were familiar, though.
 
 
 
Like Nessabell. Nessabell, she was....smart. She was just one notch under Kena. When Kena got a 100, it was Nessa whom received a just as well, and more harder work considered 99.
 
 
 
But, Nessabell, she wasn't exactly everyone's friend. She wasn't mean or anything, she just didn't talk much.
 
 
 
Kena's eyes glanced over to her, just one chair over. Her face practically glued onto the board. She was totally absorbed into this. She was leaning in as far as her desk would let her, causing her tangled black hair to fall over her shoulder, and also causing her glasses to lean in as well.
 
 
 
Kena paused for a second.
 
 
 
As rumor had it, Nessabell didn't hate Kena, but didn't really like her either.
 
 
 
Most people didn't blame Nessabell for this though, because if you were to look at Kena, notice that she was one of the “In” crowd, and not even talk to her at all, you'd think she was like them.
 
 
 
She had long hair that stopped right were her hip started. It wasn't dark brown or light brown, it was kinda in the middle. She was in very good shape, with no muscles, but still skinny. She had dark purple eyes that at times, no one could really read.
 
 
 
And Kena herself considered that a good thing.
 
 
 
Then she looked back to her desk when a guy who sat right next to her thought that her glance was to him, and not to Nessabell, and put up a 'call me' sign to his ear and mouthed it too.
 
 
 
She shuddered and glared at him, then looked away, back out side the window. And she kept doing that until...
 
 
 
“Kena!” The teacher called out.
 
 
 
Kena's head quickly snapped over to the teacher, thinking she was in trouble or something, then she noticed she was asked a question.
 
 
 
The good thing about this teacher was that she always wrote the questions on the board.
 
 
 
“Oh, uh, f(x) = sin 8pi” Kena answered quickly, her brain turning on a triggering the part that did math.
 
 
 
“Good.” The Ms. Sankosai said and turned back to the board, writing more.
 
 
 
Kena let out a sigh of relief. She had just BARELY got away with that one.
 
 
 
Kena was tabbed on the shoulder bye the guy next to her.
 
 
 
She looked over to him.
 
 
 
He had a wide grin on his face, his dark green hair falling over his blue eyes as he held up a piece of folded paper.
 
 
 
“Here.” He whispered in a faint voice, passing it over to her, even though she didn't want it.
 
 
 
They were in the 1st row, so she didn't want to take the chance of getting caught, but he kept nudging her and poking her with the SHARPENED side of his pencil until she finally opened it.
 
Dear Sweet Cheeks,
 
Kena scowled. Only 3 words into the note and she was already close to barfing, and then punching this guy in the face for making her barf.
 
 
 
Great.
 
 
 
But she continued anyway, just to see how retarded this guy really was.
 
Hi, I've noticed you noticing me, and I just wanted you to take notice, that I'm not taken. So, I wanted to ask if you wanted to go out later.
I already know what the answer is.
Your Future Boy Friend,
Kai
 
 
Kena stared at the sloppy hand-writing, her left eyes brow cocked questionably as she stared at the name of the guy who had sat next to her for a full week, and about a month the year before.
 
 
 
`His Name's Kai?'
 
 
 
She looked up blankly.
 
 
 
`I always thought it was Kyle.' The thought made her kind of embarrassed.
 
 
 
She had sat by him for so long, not only that, but more than 10 times in the hall, when he had said Hi to her, she had always replied back with a black, blunt, and very I-don't-really-care-who-you-are-but-I'll-answer-back-to-you-becuase-you-kno w-my-name tone, “Hi, Kyle.”
 
 
 
She bit the inside of her cheek, then grabbed her pen, and wrote in her, nice, perfect, cursive hand writing on the same piece of Paper:
 
Thanks , Kyle, but I'm not interested. So Get lost. Oh, and on the road down to no-where land, Find a life. Once you do, send a post card! ^^
 
 
 
 
Then she passed the note right back to him, only for.....
 
 
 
“Ms. Kena! Is that a note you have?!” Mrs. Sankosai asked in a angry, teacher voice.
 
 
 
`Crap.'
 
 
 
“Uh,” Kena started, feeling the heat of fire burning though her, her body was ready to defend it's self, it was just so used to fighting now a days.
 
 
 
“Well?!” Mrs. Sankosai asked in the same tone, with a hand planted on her hip, a scowl on her face.
 
 
 
She started walking forward when Kena didn't answer.
 
 
 
`Oh Kami, save me.' Kena then stated in her mind.
 
 
 
The teacher walked forward until she was right in front of Kena's desk.
 
 
 
“This is such a great way to start a new year.” The plump teacher continued, apparently not afraid, either that or very stupid. “Well, at least I know who my Worst and First bad seed is. Hand me the note.”
 
 
 
“What note?” Kena asked, blinking innocently.
 
 
 
“The one you have in your hand.” She said, glaring at Kena.
 
 
 
`Oh, crap, I still have it in my hand.' Kena thought, feeling more heat.
 
 
 
“Oh, you mean this?” Kena asked, looking down to the note in her hand for a split second, then looking back up to the angry teacher.
 
 
 
“Yes, I mean that.”
 
 
 
“Oh, Well--” Kena started, the teacher cutting her off.
 
 
 
“THE NOTE, Mrs. Kena!” The teacher then said, letting her cool voice slip, coming out in a loud roar.
Kena was just about ready to stuff it down her light gray school uniform, when, Thank Kami, the office
called for her.
 
 
 
Everyone looked up to the audio, along with Kena, then Kena looked around and took the chance to stuff the note in her dark gray, matching short-skirt, which was also part of the uniform.
 
 
 
Once the teacher looked back, the note was gone, and Kena was standing.
 
 
 
“Well, I guess I better go. Great class!” Kena said in a innocent voice, trying to wrap things up, as she quickly walked to the door, all eyes on her.
 
 
 
She looked back and then stepped out, and shut the door abruptly behind her.
 
 
 
Then once she was in the hall, the heat stopped, the cool of the AC Comforting her, as she let her body lean against the wall.
 
 
 
She sighed loudly, causing her brown bangs that were in their normal positions of covering her eyes every here and there, to fly up, only to fall back down once she had to breathe in again.
 
 
 
She put her whole body against the wall now, just wanting to leave, letting out a groan now instead of a sigh, she had to state the total, obvious truth.
 
 
 
“10th grade sucks.”