Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ The Hidden Past, The Hopeful Future ❯ Reassigned ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]



AnimeFox1940: Hi! Merry Christmas all! (I know I'm kinda late, but it's the thought that counts, right?) Anyways, Sorry it took so long to update, I just got a new computer, so now I don't have to go to my Step Dad's all the time! Now I can get on in my own room! Isn't the cool?! *Hears crickets chirp* ...*Coughs* Ok, back to the story, I own NOTHING! I own no Yu Yu Hakusho, and I completely made up the names of the teachers and the school. Ok, I'm going to leave now! No flames! ^-^
Oh, and I promise, i'll leave you alone after this, Yes I did take the last name from 'The Sister Hood of the Traveling Pants' But I didn't take Kena's first name. See, one of the girls name on there is Lena Kaligrasis. But I just stole the last name because I've had the name Kena for THREE YEARS. And I onlt read the 1 and 2 book 2 months ago. Okay. Now that that's said and done, i feel better. Read on.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Tick...Tock...Tick ...Tock..




Kena glared at the clock in the far corner of the room, from the uncomfortable blue chair she was sitting in.




Ok, so let's look at her situation.




Right now, she was in the office, waiting for her turn to talk with the principle, sitting cross-legged in an uncomfortable blue chair, not even knowing why she's here, and the only noise in the office was the annoying ticking of the clock, the clicking of the secretary typing into her computer and occasionally a ring of the telephone with another teacher answering politely, "Friends are made at Tosai High, This is Mrs. Barben speaking, how may I assist you?".




And other then that, you could hear The Principle, or as most people call him, Mr. Tano, raising his voice at a child who had gotten in trouble for something, though the thin walls of the office.




Kena sighed to herself after a second.




She felt like no one even saw her because they failed to give her any information on her presents there anyways.




She closed her eyes and leaned back a bit in her chair. 'Might as well get some sleep...' She thought to herself. 'I hardly got any last night. all because of stupid Koenma. He just has to ruin my life. And that Kitsune-Demon didn't help much either. He hardly helped at all.' Her mind grumbled.




'But, you do have to remember, he did save your butt. If that vase would have fell, you would have died along with all of Human World and it would all be your fault.' A voice, the smart one that always tried to be optimistic chirped.




"Hm. Whatever." She muttered under her breath.




"Oh, Miss Kaligrasis. We don't see you in here very often. Come to think of it, we don't see you in here at all. So, what brings you here today?" Mrs. Barben asked in a friendly, teacher voice, smiling at Kena.




Kena's eye's snapped open when she heard her name being spoken. Mrs. Barben was one of those super nice teacher that would almost let you get away with anything. Almost. After a second Kena smiled back at the chestnut colored haired teacher--er secretary. "Well, I would answer you if I knew that little bit of information myself."




The middle aged Secretary blinked back at her. "You don't know why you're here?" she asked.




"No." Kena swiftly told her. "And apparently you don't know either. I came down here when they called me, but they never said why. So I could be down here for anything." She said, shrugging slightly to herself.




"Oh." Mrs. Barben then said and got back to her typing, as though all she wanted was to know why the 'star student' was in one of the worst places to be.




Kena sighed again after another agonizing second of silence that felt like an eternity. She looked around the room, nothing really catching her attention. 'And they don't even have anything to read. I hate this place.'




And just as she thought that, a student that she had rarely seen before, he looked about her age, stepped out of the Mr. Tano's office. He glared at Kena as he passed by, and she glared right back at him until he left from her sight, for no reason.




'He looks like someone that would brake out of Spirit World Jails...Then I would get stuck putting him back in.' Kena observed once he had left the office completely. She usually wasn't one to judge too quickly, but that didn't mean that she didn't judge at all. And sometimes her judgment on people change.




She didn't know it at the time though. She thought once she judged someone it was set in stone. No going back, no rewriting. Once it was there, it was there. But later, unknown to her, she would learn the significance of changing judgment.




She was knocked out of all thoughts when she felt a tap on her shoulder. She quickly looked up to the aging face of Mr. Tano himself.




"Kena, Please step into my office," He said, escorting her in after she stood up and stretched a bit.




Kena entered the office quickly, she for one really wanted to get this all over with.




"So, Kena, I don't see you in here very often." He told her after a second.




Kena seated herself in front her his desk then nodded. "Yes, So far as I know, I haven't done anything that would cause me to have a meeting here with you, That brings me to question why I'm here anyway." Kena inquired, resting her arms on her now crossed legs.




"Oh, well, you're not in trouble, if that's what your wondering." He started gently.




'Good.' Kena noted in her thoughts, feeling relief but masking it completely with a calm, cool look.




"You're here because your Mother has called. She said that, well, there was a death in the Family. And she said that she was going to pick you up early to day so you could attend the funeral." He paused briefly. "I'm so sorry."




Kena blinked at him. 'Who's dead?' Her mind quickly and bluntly asked. "Mr. Tano, did my mom say who passed?" Kena asked him after a second, taking her minds ideal way of speaking, and making her sound at least kind of mournful.




Mr. Tano paused again. "Yes, she did. She said that it was your Uncle George. Once again, I'm sorry."




Kena looked at him. "My Uncle...George...?" She whispered out, obviously confused. Then it clicked. She knew what was going on.




At least, she thought she did.




So, she wanted to play along. "Oh. Oh...Uncle George. He...Passed? It must have been of old age. He was a great man. Never late for work, never forgetting a child's birthday, even pretending to be Santa for the little ones. He was my favorite uncle. I will miss him so..." Kena said solemnly, pretending to look away as if she was sad and trying to avoid eye contact, when she was really just looking at the clock. "When is my mom going to pick me up?" Kena then asked.




"She said she was coming at 11: 30...so in 10 minutes. She said to wait outside for her, on the West side building. I'll tell your teachers your going home early, and you may go get your things right now." He told her.



Kena nodded gently and stood up. "Thank you." She said to him as she walked out.




Kena quickly walked though the empty halls, twisting and turning with the path to her locker.




Once she got there she quickly turned the dial and unlocked it and pulled out her brown leather backpack. Then she quickly closed the locker door, turned around and ran out of the building, a smile spread across her face and energy bursting out of her as she darted out into the late morning air.




"FREEDOM!" She yelled at the top of her lungs, spinning around in circles, which caused passer byes to look back and stare but then to go on with what ever they were once doing.




Kena bit her bottom lip to keep from letting out squeals of joy. She was getting out of school early and she wasn't going to get in trouble for it. For a young 15 year old teen, who has to go to school, maintain keeping all A's, wear a uniform, have a boss who's a baby, chase around demons, and hardly get any sleep, getting out early is like winning the 100 million dollar lotto. It's just seems to be the greatest thing in the world.




She walked to the West side of the building, letting her aura out and sensing someone. But it wasn't her mom. No..It wasn't her mom at all, though the aura was familiar.




She picked up her pace and followed the aura, and it led her to the far west side of the school. She almost burst out laughing when she saw the person that the aura belonged to. They were wearing a long brown over coat the reached their feet and had on a matching hat, that was pulled down to cover their face as though to hide something. But Kena knew who it was quickly, but the urge to laugh went away and a new feeling came to her when she saw someone else standing by that figure, wearing a matching outfit.




She wanted to kill him now.



~~~~~~~(At Koenma's office)~~~~~~~



"AGH! School was better then this! George, I hate you for this!" Kena yelled to him a little after Koemna left the room.




"Why do you hate ME for this!? I didn't enroll you with this job! I didn't train you! So why ME!?" The blue ogre asked franticly, kind of confused over her accusing him.




"Because YOU work for him! YOU helped him take me here! YOU never helped me! All in all, I think I hate you as much as I hate the UN potty-trained baby!" Kena yelled back to the ogre, not noticing Koenma walking in at all.




"HEY! I'm quite potty trained, THANK YOU!" he yelled to Kena.




"Yeah, if you think of potty-trained as crapping in your pants all day." Kena muttered, earning a glare from Koenma.




"Anyways, I need to talk to you Kena about--" He paused and glared at George. "Excuse me Geroge, this is confindental information. So I'm going to have to ask you to leave."




"Eh, but Lord Koenma, sir--" George started.




"Rules are Rules Geroge." Koenma told him.




George muttered some choice words under his breath as he walked out of the room and Kena smiled at him as he passed her. "Aw, poor George. You are so abused and mistreated."




"Shut up." George told her angrily as he passed.




"So, moving on...." Koenma started as George walked out.




~~~~(Outside trying to Listen in with George about 15 minutes later)~~~~




George, along with about 20 other ogres and demons tried to listen in on the conversation that was happening inside.




Why you ask? Well, because, usually, George is left alone and can stay in the room when Kena's being assigned on a mission or something like that. And, usually, Lord Koenma waited until Kena was out of school to pull her up for a mission.




"What's going on in there?" A green ogre asked George.




George shrugged. "Usually Kena would be yelling at him by now." George looked back to all the other chatting Demons and Ogres. "Will everyone please be quite so--" George was cut off when they all heard a loud, frustrated scream come from inside Koenma's office. Which they soon identified was Kena's.




"WHAT?!" She screamed out. Everyone paused. It seemed like all of Spirit World could hear her and they all stopped to hear her.




George could then hear Koenma's voice, but he couldn't make out any words. From the sounds of it, Lord Koenma himself was raising his voice.




"WHAT DO YOU MEAN I DON'T HAVE A CHOICE?! THIS IS MY LIFE KOENMA! MINE!" She then yelled, causing most of the ogres to leave, move out of ear shot so their ears wouldn't start bleeding at the loud sound.




Koenma yelled at her some more, and then there was silence. Total silence.




George put his ear up against the door to see if he could hear anything else being said. He heard nothing. It was strange. There was never the sound of nothing in a place like this.




Accepting the fact that there was nothing to hear, George pulled his ear back, but his face was still a mere 3 inches from the door when it came flying open, a very angry human girl with brown hair and purple eyes came storming out.




George quickly recovered and picked himself off of the floor, running up to Kena.




"So, how did it go?" He asked gently.




She let out what sounded like a growl.




"Uh. Okay. I'm guessing bad. What did he tell you?" George asked, just itching for details.




She said nothing, just kept walking, or stomping towards her unknown destination.




"Well? What did he tell you?!" George stopped in his tracks when Kena quickly spun around, fire in her eyes.




"Fine! I'll tell you if it gets you to shut the hell up!" She yelled, her face flushed red with anger. She sighed to calm herself down. She could feel fire coursing though her veins, and her skin felt hot to the touch. That's when you knew she was especially mad. So she had to calm herself before she burned down the entire building.




She took in a breath and let it out, then took in another and did the same. Then she looked back up to him, slightly pissed, but now better then she was before. "Look, this is what's going on: Well, since I'm 'One of the best Detectives', as Koenma puts it, they want to reassign me to a better group. And it just so happens, that this better group live at a place with lots of uncontrolled demons, so he's saying that he thinks I can help them. But it turns out, the only way I can help them is if we live in the same place. So now, I HAVE TO MOVE TO JAPAN!" She yelled to him.




"Japan? Well...That isn't too far from where you live now. Uh, where do you live now? China?" He asked her, trying to make her feel better, but not helping at all.




"No! I live in France! Paris, France! Mom is gonna kill me if I have to leave out of the country!" She told George.




"Well, she might not be that mad. It just depends on how long your going to be gone. How long are you to be gone?"




Kena muttered something under her breath.




"What? I didn't catch that." George said, not expecting it to be too long. "A week? Month tops?"




"Heh. Try a year." Kena told him, avoiding eye contact glaring at the nearest picture of Koenma. Man was she gonna kill him slowly and painfully.




"A whole year!? Never mind, your mom is going to kill you." George said, causing Kena to glare at him instead of the picture.




"Sorry. So, uh, Who's group are you going to be in anyways?" Geroge then asked her after a second, taking the chance at digging up as much information as he could out of her.




Kena sighed again after a second. "Some group called the Rekai Tentei."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
AnimeFox1940: I hope I got the name right. *Holds up hands protectively over self* DON'T HIT ME! But anyways, sorry if this chapter was kinda choppy and stuff. I was kinda rushed. ^-^U Heh, so I hope you guys liked it! Oh, by the way, if your wondering, The group is going to come in really soon. Maybe the next Chapter will be based on them. MAYBE. I'm not making any promises. Oh, and how do you spell Kurama's Human name?
Some people spell it: Shuuichi
And some spell it: Shuichi
Which is better? *Blink, Blink* I think I like the 1 U'ed Suichi better. But is that how you spell it on the series?Oh, and also, I know that in the series theres a girl named Maya who's a physic (If you like Maya I'm warning you now there will be much Maya bashing because I'm not sure if I'm right, but I heard that she and Kurama went out! Maybe for just a while, but still!) So, can someone please give me some physical features on her and stuff? Well, review please! Ja Ne!