Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ The Hidden Past, The Hopeful Future ❯ Do I Have to go? ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]


AnimeFox1940: Hola!!! Sorry I took so long with this chapter, it's just all this crap is going on, so yeah. Oh and it was my b-day on the 7th!! yay! But anyways, Happy New year!! I hope you like the new chapter! Oh, and those who reviewed, Thanks! You guys rock!! *Looks around* And the other readers do too! Heh. ^-^U. No flames!!!
Disclaimer: No matter how much I dream and hope, try as I might, Yu Yu Hakusho is not mine. And sadly...The truth is...I don't think It ever will be. *Brakes down crying*
No...don't worry about me. *sniffle* Just...read on!


~~~~~~~~~~~

Kena awoke the next morning to her mother's voice.



"Kena...Kena...Wake up...Today is the big day...." Her mother cooed gently in her ear.



Kena let out a groan and just tossed over, trying to find sleep once again.



Her mother glared at the back of her daughters head, then DING! An idea popped into her head. She leaned over more, so she was right on top of her daughter's ear. "Kena...Wake up...I just bought you a fox, and a life-size blow up doll of Koenma that you can attack over and over, and not be sent to Spirit World Jails for it!!" Her mother whispered into her ear.



Kena squinted, her eyes adjusting to the little light in her room that was almost not there at all. "Mom, you've been using that on me since I was like, ten. Don't you think I know you're lying by now?" Kena asked her mom.



Her mom blinked. "Yeah. I know you know I'm lying. But you still wake up when I say it. It still works, so I still use it." Her mom then smiled. "Come on, get up." She said, getting off of Kena's white bed comforter with tiny, dark purple flowers on it.



Kena groaned again and said: "I don't wanna!" In a childish voice, covering her head with her pillow.


Kena's mom then let out a heavy sigh. "Kena, don't make me drag you out of bed, like LAST time." Her mother then warned.



Kena groaned again. The last time her mother did that hadn't been too long ago. And it wasn't exactly a sensational feeling that she wanted to go though again. Kena quickly uncovered her head and flipped herself over, so she was on her back now, then sat up. "Okay, okay. I'm up." Kena said, rubbing the last trace of sleep out of her eyes. "What time is it anyways?" Kena then asked.



Her mom bit her bottom lip. "5 AM..." She said, smiling.



"What??!!? Mom, I wanted to wake up early, but not THIS early!!!!" Kena yelled to her mother.



"Well, Kena, you still need to pack! Remember! You're packing for a whole year!!! That's going to take a while...Maybe about 2 hours if you're looking for specific clothing. Then after that you have to eat, and be at the air port by 9:30." Her mother explained.



"By 9:30?! Mom, my flight doesn't leave until 11!" Kena screamed.



"Yeah, but you have to go there, get checked for guns and stuff, then they have to check your pass port, and ticket, both of which Koenma gave to me, then you have to drop off your luggage, then find the gate!" Her mother told her. "It's a long process in which you must go early to do! Now get up and get dressed, I'll have breakfast finished by the time your down. Oh, and Kena..."



Kena looked back to her mom, after standing up. "Yes?" Kena asked, almost afraid her mother would attack her with another 'To Do' list.



Her mother bit her bottom lip again, then threw her arms around Kena. "I'm gonna miss you..." She muttered.



Kena paused. Then gently hugged her mom back. "Mom...I'm not even leaving yet. Can we please wait until the time I have to leave to start getting all mushy? Please?" Kena asked her mom in a soft manner, not wanting to hurt her mom's feelings or anything.



Her mother smiled at her. "Sure. That's fine. I'll see you in the kitchen later!" Her mother said, then leaving the room.



Kena looked around her big room and sighed as she directed her attention to her suitcases and her dresser and her closet, then she looked at her room again, then at the suitcases again. Then she bit her bottom lip. 'I wonder...Can I fit my bed into one of those?'



~~~(Later with Kena)~~~



Kena had all ready dragged all 3 of her suit cases down stairs with her. She was wearing a dark blue denim school skirt, a light blue 'It's Happy Bunny' shirt that said: 'You're nice and all, but you ugly people gotta go.', and a matching dark blue denim, short sleeved jacket.



She didn't want to wear her hair up today, as usual, so she just kept it down and brushed it a few 50 times before she had came down stairs, totally finished with everything.



"Okay, I think I'm completely finished! I've done my normal morning routine! And that's it, i'm finished, I'm finished! And you know what, even if I'm not finished, I am finished!" Kena said as she walked into the kitchen. She was surprised to see Rain there.



Rain looked fully awake, considering the time. 7 AM. But Rain always was an early morning person. Rain's eyes followed her sister as she walked into the kitchen, and she smiled at Kena as well. "Morning." Rain said quietly. She always was a quiet person.


Kena smiled back at her eldest sister. "Morning!" She said happily, sitting down at the glass table. She picked the seat across from Rain. "So..." Kena started gently. "What's up?" She then asked her sister, just trying to strike a conversation. 'Who knows? I could work!'



Rain's eyebrow arched gently. "Uh...nothing that I know of..." Rain said, staring at her sister carefully.



Kena seemed to sweatdrop. 'Never mind, apparently, it didn't work.' Kena then bit her bottom lip. Great, the only time she DIDN'T know what to say.



"When are you leaving?" Rain then asked, breaking the silence.



Kena smiled weakly at her. "Pretty soon." Kena then admitted.



"Ah...So...Who are you assigned to anyways? And what will you do once you get there?" Rain asked, taking her chance to get all of her questions answered.



"Oh." Kena only knew how to answer one of those questions. "I'm going with this group called the Rekai Tantei...I think..." Kena muttered the last part out. "I have never heard of them, and I know nothing about them. As for your other question, well, I'm not really sure what I'm going to do once I get there...I guess I'll just wing it..." Kena said.



Her mother looked back from her cooking. "No, as soon as you get there, you're going to the Hashigawa Hotel. I've already bought you a room. You're going there at about 6 AM, then you're going to freshen up, then you're going to School." Her mother said.



Both of her daughters' eyes widened. "What?! School?! Mom, I would have jet-lag and everything!!! They're EIGHT hours AHEAD of us!!!! And you expect me to GO TO SCHOOL??!?!" Kena screamed out.



"Yep." Her mom said calmly. "And you're going. That's final. And don't think about skipping either. I have spies." Her mom warned, glaring at her youngest daughter intensely. Then she smiled happily. "Foods ready!!"



Their mother handed them their plates which had fresh waffles piled on them, the top waffle had whipped cream and a strawberry on top. Well, at least, Kena's had a strawberry. Rain's had a blueberry since she was allergic to strawberries.



Kena ate slowly and stared at her mother who was staring at her. "Mom? Why are you watching me eat?" Kena asked after a second of complete silence.



"Well, she's going to miss you. To tell you the truth, I think we all are." Mimi said, walking into the kitchen, stretching. "Morning." she said as she walked by and sat down.



"Morning." They all said back.



"What are you doing up?" Kena asked. She wasn't used to seeing Mimi up early. Usually Mimi was sleeping until they had only about 10 minutes before they were late to class.



"What?! Can't a girl wake up early to say bye to her little sister? When was that a crime?" Mimi asked Kena as their mother brought around a plate for her too.



"Great. Now we're only missing--" Kena stopped when she heard people talking. And down came Lele and Kagome. Lele looked wide awake, but as for Kagome, she kept rubbing her eyes, yawning and stretching. She looked like she was about to curl up on the floor and sleep.


"Morning." They all said.



Lele grinned. "Morning!!" She said happily. Kagome just nodded and sat down at the table, but as soon as she sat, she put her head in her arms.



"I'm sleepy..." She said, stating the obvious.



"Yes. We can see that." Her mom said, pulling out more plates, more food.



"Oh. You guys! You woke up for me!? I'm touched!" Kena said in a mock-flattery tone.



"We didn't wake up for you. We woke up for the food." Kagome said, raising her head.



"Why do I get the feeling you're not kidding when you say that?" Kena asked, glaring at her.



Kagome shrugged and dug into her food. There was some conversation as breakfast was eaten, but not much.



They just asked Kena the same questions, like: What are you going to do there? Are you ever coming back? Do you have to come back? Who's your new group? Are you gonna get a boyfriend? Can you get a boyfriend? Do you know anyone there? Are you listening to me? Are you sad that you're leaving? Are you gonna be sad when you have to come back? Are you going to make friends? Are you going to forget us?



As soon as Kena was finished with breakfast she quickly ran up to her room. Once she was there, she looked around.


It seemed....so...bare. Anything that she might have needed or wanted that could fit into her suit case she took. Her closet was empty, except for some board games up at the top shelf, and some purses that she was probably never going to use. Her bed was still there. Because she couldn't break the laws of physics and really make it fit into the suit case. Her desks were still there.



Kena bit her bottom lip and looked around. She felt as though she was forgetting something.



Then it clicked when she saw her old backpack. It wasn't old-old, like falling apart, tattered up old. It was the one she used last year, but it was too small for everything she needed this year. It was black and red. More black then it was red. And it was empty.



Kena quickly pulled it close and picked it up. She looked around her room and opened her computer desk. There she found her grey and black CD walkman. She quickly stuffed her back pack with about 10 different CD's and grabbed some DVD's. She also packed her school's Uniform in it.



She smiled to herself. She knew her new school wouldn't appreciate the fact that she was wearing her old uniform to a new school, with a new dress code, but what could they do to her? She could say something like: I didn't know. It's not like you told me that before. Or something like: But, it reminded me of my old home! Do you understand how hard it is to move?! Especially to a new contry?!



'Hm...What else?' She asked herself. She looked around the room. Then she saw it on her night-stand. A picture of herself and her family at the last party, which had been the Go-Back-To-School party. They didn't like the fact that they had to go back to school, but they enjoyed the fact that they got to have a party.



They were all smiling brightly to the Camera, some having peace signs and others having bunny ears, Kena having both.


"Kena!!! Come on!!! It's a 30 minute drive!!! We're gonna be late!!!" Her mother yelled from down stairs.



"Okay!! I'M COMING!!!!" Kena yelled back, running to her bed room door. She looked back and saw the picture, and saw her digital camera next to it. She bit her bottom lip and ran back to the night stand, un-zipping her back-pack and quickly putting the picture and the camera in. Then she walked back to the door again, only to look back.



'I'm really gonna miss this place. No telling what I'm getting into...' She thought to herself, looking over her room again.



"KENA!!!" Her mother then yelled.



Kena snapped herself out of her thoughts and blinked rapidly to see straight. "Coming!!"


~~~~~~~~~~~~

AnimeFox1940: Okay. That's all for now!!! Please review!! Thanks! Ja-Ne!!!!!!!!!