Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ The Hidden Past, The Hopeful Future ❯ First Step: Finding the School ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
AnimeFox1940: Okay, Hi everyone!!! Happy Firday the 13th!!! ^-^ I was waiting for a day like this! But, this chapter does not reflect Friday the 13th, having bad luck or burning evil peoples hair. Uh...don't ask. Also, people have asked me, (Well, my friends asked when I told them about it, but they're people too, right?) If the date in the story was Friday the 13th. No. It isn't. It's actually the beginning of school in my story. Only about 2 weeks in.

Anyways, even though it may not be Friday the 13th in the fic, it does sorta reflect the whole bad luck thing, but only by a little.

Sorry it took me a while to update, my teachers have been cramming me with homework. It sucks! I HATE HOMEWORK! But you know what I do love? Yu Yu Hakusho. But sadly, I do not own Yu Yu Hakusho. *Gasps then dramatically faints.* *Gets up suddenly* Oh, and please forgive me that this was such a short chapter compared to my others. *dramatically faints..again*


~~~~~~~~~~


Kena dragged her feet as she walked though the immensely populated city of Mushiori. It was so hard to believe people would be up and running around at this time of the morning!



Well, come to think of it, It was only 7:30 at Mushiori, which Kena still thought was kinda early, but she had serous jet-lag. Back at France, right now it would be about 11:00 PM. And that's when Kena was normally getting pretty tired. And she normally passed out at around, oh, say 12:30 on a school night? And not only that, but on her way here, on the plane, She was stuck with a girl who wouldn't shut up, and a 40 year old man who wouldn't talk.



Kena had tried to strike a conversation with the girl at the beginning of the flight so she could just have a little chat. But she soon regretted it when the girl WOULD NOT SHUT UP.
They were only about an hour into the flight and Kena was about ready to kill this bright green eyed, platinum blonde with green high-lights sitting next to her. And also, she was about to kill the old, fake haired business-guy who wouldn't talk at all, when she realized she had to still stay with them for another TEN HOURS AND THIRTY MINUTES.



And when that thought had hit Kena, she was about ready to go insane. She had quickly picked up her walk-man and listened to some music at the highest level it would let her, which injured her sensitive ears may I add, but yet that ceased to stop the talking and the non-talking. The girl just talked louder now so Kena could hear her though the booming music.



Kena had problems with turning the music up too loud. The first time she did, people around her started to complain. Then when she did it again, the sturdiest told her to quiet it down because people were starting to get mad. Then after all of that, when Kena tried again, the batteries died. And, to top it all off, later that night when the girl finally fell asleep, and when Kena was about to get her own much needed rest, the man next to her started snoring. LOUDLY.



The food wasn't that great, and Kena was immensely bored though the entire flight. But she had no one to complain to, except herself, and after a while, she was starting to get annoyed by her own complaining. But she had nothing to do about it.



The flight...it wasn't great.



Come to think of it, her flight sucked. That was the word for it. Yeah. It sucked.



But now, she was walking though Mushiori city, in her old uniform, with a unreadable look on her face.



She was surprised at the people who passed her. They were wearing uniforms. Lots of different uniforms. Earlier, Kena was seeing nothing but blue, then some black, and now....



'Great. Pink.' Kena thought as she glared at a passer-by's school uniform. She hated pink. She hated pink SO much. 'Pink...It's such a horrid color.' Kena thought, walking faster now, just seeing yet another hoard of boy's in pink uniforms, who also stared back at her when she stared at them. She just ignored it.



'Well...they aren't really that pink...They're kinda a mix of purple and pink...?' The nice part of her mind chimed as it usually did.


'Yeah...whatever.' She then thought, rolling her eyes slightly. She then looked at the watch on her wrist. Her eyes widened in shock. "What?! 7: 45?!?! When did THAT happen!?!?!" She voiced out, thinking it over; maybe a little too loud for her own good. That thought hit her when people started looked back.



She quickly dug into her pocket and pulled out a hand-drawn map, only for her to have bad luck today, the pencil marking being smeared. "Crap!" Kena yelled out. She tried to remember the way to the school and started running where she thought the school was. She quickly turned the corner, only to let out a loud: "ompfh!" As her butt collided with the ground, papers flying everywhere.



"What the hell...?" She asked herself, grabbing her head and starting to look up, afraid she had ran into something that would embarrass her, like a lamp-post.



But when she looked up, she was even more embarrassed. It was a guy. Kena looked up into his chocolate brown eyes and he just blinked down at her. He then glared at her out of no where.



"Watch where you're going, you stupid girl!!! Get out of my way!!!!" The slicked-back blacked haired, brown eyed guy yelled to her, not even bothering to help her up. But she didn't even pick herself up. She was too busy staring. She could defiantly feel Spirit Energy around this kid.



'And he must be aware of his powers too. They seemed very well tamed. And he seems pretty strong. Thank Kami I masked my Aura earlier in the plane. I knew it would come in handy. Now he just thinks he's looking at a normal Human.' Kena thought, starting to pick herself up, but stopping herself when someone else came out from behind the black haired boy.



This new guy who came in had orange hair and marble black eyes. He was wearing a jump suit similar to the other kid, only his was blue, not green."Eh! Urameshi! A girl just fell! And you don't even help her up!?!" The other boy asked, sticking out a hand to Kena. Kena looked at it, then up to the boy, then back to the hand. Then she picked herself up. She didn't need any help.


"Well! I shouldn't have to help her up! It was that stupid girl's fault!!" The boy called Urameshi yelled back, glaring at Kena. She blinked at him.



"Look, I don't care if a random person on the street hates me. I'm in a hurry! I'm looking for a school!" Kena said, starting to walk again in her direction.



"Wait! What school is it?" The other boy asked as Urameshi stared. Kena looked back at them. She wasn't sure whether to tell them or not.



After a second, her brain told her that it was okay. And that maybe they did know where the school was, and they could tell her if they knew. After all, she only had a few minutes to get there.


"Yeah...I don't recognize her school uniform. Nice skirt." Urameshi said, causing Kena's face to turn red with fury and frustration, and also causing her to give him a very angry glare.



And he just smiled innocently at her.



Kena knew she was wasting time by just doing this, so she ignored him for the time being. "It's this high school, It's called...eh...Well, it starts with an M...?" Kena started, then her statment ended as a question, not so sure of herself. The school name had been written on her map, and all she could remember now was the first letter. Or, at least what she thought the first letter was. An M.



"Oh, well that just about narrows it down!" Urameshi screamed to her. Kena blinked at him, as though she was the innocent one here. "And don't try and look all innocent, 'Cause you're not!!" He then yelled.



"B-but I am! I don't remember the name! It's not my fault! And you better hurry and figure it out, I'm about to be late!!" She yelled back.



"Wait, Urameshi, doesn't Ku--Shuichi's school start early? And doesn't it start with an M?" The second boy asked.



Urameshi blinked back at him then nodded. "Oh yeah! The idiot got it!" He said, earning a glare from the other kid. "Maybe the school you're headed for is called Meiou High?"



Kena took in the name, then thought it over. After a second her eyes widened ans a big grin spread quickly across her face. "Yeah!! It think that's it!! So, where is it!?" She asked excitedly, knowing that she was still in a hurry.



"Uh...Well, I know Shuichi basically lives there...." Urameshi started, looking off to the side.



"WHERE THE HELL IS THIS STUPID SCHOOL?!?!?!" Kena yelled out. She was not in the mood to hear this guy talk gibberish.



"Sheesh! I was just commenting! It's that way!" Urameshi yelled, pointing the opposite direction Kena had been running.



Kena felt a blush spread across her face, staining her cheeks. She had been running the wrong direction the entire time.



'W-When did that happen?' She asked herself in her own thoughts, still blushing madly.



'See! You did need their help!!' Another part of her mind chirped back.


Kena bit her bottom lip. "Uh, okay. Thanks!" Kena then turned around and was about to start running, then she stopped and looked back. "Wait, I didn't get your names..." Kena trailed off and stared at them.



"I'm Yusuke Urameshi, the toughest guy in town." Yusuke said, his chest puffing up with pride.



'I'm afraid he's gonna crack a rib like that.' Her mind bluntly stated as she almost laughed at this guy for how stupid he was being.



"And I'm Kuzuma Kuwabara! And I could beat Urameshi up in a second!" The other kid, now known to Kena as Kuwabara said.



'Wait...aren't they friends?' Kena wondered as she stared at them as they got caught up into an argument.



Kena quickly looked back down at her watch, seeing the time she let out a small yelp, knowing that she only had 5 minutes to get to the school. In the background, unknown to her, Yusuke and Kuwabara got into their fighting stances.



"Oh! I'm gonna be late!!!" Kena screamed as she ran the right direction to her school as Yusuke and Kuwabara started attacking each other behind her.



She quickly ran though the sidewalks, pushing and shoving people out of her way as she ran faster now.



After a while, she finally got to an entrance in the high brick walls and she just stared at the huge school in front of her as she swallowed in as much air as humanly possible. She then held herself up on the wall, slightly bending over, taking deeper breaths. She looked up and read the sign next to her, all of her soul hoped she was at the right place.



It said, 'Welcome to Private High School; Meiou High'.



Kena sighed. She was at the right place. Then her eyes widened. "Wait, what!?" She asked then took in another breath. "Private school?!"



Kena jumped when a hand touched her shoulder and when she heard a voice start speaking to her. "Yes. A Private school."


~~~~~~

AnimeFox1940: Ah! There we go! Thanks for the reviews so far people! You do not know how excited I was when I started getting reviews! But, that doesn't mean you're allowed to stop reviewing, either! Oh, and sorry this was a cliff-hanger, I just like those a lot more then normal, happy endings because cliff-hangers seem to draw people back in, smart huh? *Smiles innocently at glaring viewers.* ^-^U Anyways, please review!
Ja-Ne!!!