Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ The Hidden Past, The Hopeful Future ❯ Secrets Told, Dares Made ( Chapter 18 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]


AnimeFox1940: Hola all! Sorry about the long wait! >-< We've been busy for Spring Break. But now, I'm back home and I can type out this new Chapter!!! Yay!

Blackcat116: Yes, but you're leaving out the part where you watched a whole series of Anime and that held off a whole day just to watch it...

AnimeFox1940: *Hits BlackCat116* Shut-up! It was a good Anime...It's called Gravitation...I liked it....I can't believe it was only 13 episodes!! Is there a sequel?!

BlackCat116: I hate you. Continue reading please...

AnimeFox1940: WAIT! I forgot to tell you guys, I changed RoRo's hair color from PINK AND BLUE to BLUE AND GREEN. Okay. Now, continue.

~~~

Kena let her thoughts drift her away slowly as the hot water of the shower hit her back freely. 'I can't believe I told him...He better not tell anyone else...'


Even though her real room was trashed, the bathroom located in it worked just fine. So, she decided to go there instead of using Kurama's. 'I'd probably accidentally brake something of his....' Kena heard herself sigh and she leaned against the wall as the water now hit her bare side.


Usually a hot shower was just what she needed, it used to always wash away all the thoughts and worries of her life for just a while. But, today, it obviously was not working because thoughts kept pacing in her head, nothing would remain calm and silent.


'And Kanna's back now...What is Mom going to tell her? What will be the excuse for my...absence over there? Maybe Mom will say I'm at a boarding school or a transfer student or something.' Kena sighed again. "I hate this...The ONLY time I'm able to even HEAR from her again and I'm an eleven hour flight away!"


Kena groaned and stepped out of the shower after turning the water off. She knew the relaxation was not coming anyways. She quickly dried off and changed into her white and purple PJ's. The dark brown headed girl stood in front of the mirror, which was covered in a think layer of steam, now, because she had been in the shower for a good 40 minutes. She just brushed her hair as her thoughts continued to stir.


"What now...?" She asked the air around her as she put down her brush. "I guess I have to go back to the room." She gathered up her things slowly and walked out of the bathroom.


Kena stared at her...Room. She smiled a small bit as her dark orbs scrolled over it. 'This room...has...potential...We'll have to work on it, though.' She stood there in the doorway of the bathroom as the room transformed in her eyes, the walls changing from white to a light purple, new furniture, clean floor. But then the old look came back and caused her to sigh outwardly.


"Oh yeah, lots of work. I'm going to have to start really soon..." She muttered crossly as she zig-zagged her way to the main door. As she slid it open she looked back one last time until she turned around and closed the door behind her.


Kurama looked back as someone opened his door. He saw Kena standing there in her PJ's and Simi-wet but tangle-free hair.


"Hi." She said looking over to her Roommate. 'Oh...Yeah...that's what I have to consider him now. A Roommate.' She then smiled.


Kurama stared at her. It seemed like an empty smile. She was giving him a fake smile. Her eyes were clouded over with something. Guilt? Regret? Sadness? "What is it?" He then asked.


Kena blinked. "What do you mean?" She asked right back.


Kurama paused and stared as the awkward silence once again took it's formal place between them, making the air thick with tension.


Kena's eyes got locked with his yet again. He always seemed to do that..."I've just been thinking." She said in an barely audible voice.


"Would I be prying if I asked--" Kena cut him off.


"I don't know. I think I want to talk about it...but at the same time I don't." Kurama stared at her but failed to catch her eyes. Kena looked down and to the side rather than at him.


"Kena," She finally looked up at him. "If you have something to talk about....remember, I'll always be here to listen."


There was silence again as Kena, this time, started the staring. It was so quiet that they could hear the wind blow against the window and tease the leaves without much effort. But then--


"HEY!" Kena jumped as the door was quickly slid open behind her and Yusuke's voice came thundering in. "Kena! We all have a surprise for you!!" He yelled, smiling.


Kuwabara soon came up behind him, "I think you'll like it!!!" He then yelled after Yusuke.


Kena stared. "What the hell is it?"


"Follow us!!" The both bellowed as they ran down the hall. Kena looked over to Kurama for help with this but instead of a steady answer, he just shrugged. "Kurama can come too!!" Yusuke's voice then screamed from down the hall.


"Uh...Okay..." Kena muttered. "Come on Kurama!!" She then said, smiling. She quickly ran out into the hall with Kurama following slowly behind. "I wonder what it is!" Kena then said, turning back to Kurama and giving a real smile.


"I take it you like surprises?" Kurama asked, raising an eyebrow towards that smile on her face.


"Sure, you could say that." Kena replied, walking backwards now to keep up with their conversation. "Where are we going anyways?"


"I think the Living Room...." Kurama trailed off once they got there. It seemed the same, only the other members of the group, along with other people, were sitting down in a circle.


Kena observed the new people. All girls. One looked familiar to her, she had blue hair that was put up in a high pony tail and pink, bright eyes. One of the other two had short brown hair that went to about the shoulder and dark brown eyes. And the last one had green/blue hair that was in a french braid, a red ribbon holding it all together and had matching blood red eyes.


'Blood red eyes? Reminds me of the Goth one...' Kena thought as her eyes scrolled from the girl to Hiei. Hiei had an irritated look on his face and his arms and legs were crossed. Everyone else had a smile on their face. ‘He must still hate me for the whole rock thing....’


"Um...Hello..." Kena said slowly.


"Hi!" The one with blue hair and pink eyes quickly said, seeming as though there was not a second to waste. "My name is Botan! I'm the Grim Reaper of Spirit World--The Guide of the River Styx! You may have seen me before, but I'm not so sure! I'm so happy there's another girl here in the team!!" She said in a bubbly voice.


"Erm..." Kena managed to mutter. 'Maybe a little too bubbly? Preppie...even?' Kena thought as she stared.


"Hello, My name is Keiko and this is Yukina." Said the brown haired one in a much more calm and stable voice. "Yukina lives here and I'm a...Friend...of Yusuke's..." She said, blushing a bit. "I go to their school. Yusuke's and Kuwabara's, that is." She then added.


Kena smiled. "Hi Botan, Keiko, Yukina. Nice to meet you. My name is Kena."


"Where are you from?" Keiko quickly asked, the blush from her face fading.


Kena paused as she stared at her. "Well, I was born here in Japan then I moved to France and just came back..." Kena responded not knowing what she was really getting at with this.


"You don't sound like it." Botan interjected.


"Yeah, I know! She doesn't have one of those...Italian accents..." Yusuke said.


Kena stared at him blankly. "You mean...French?" She asked slowly, her left eye twitching ever so slightly.


"Yeah, Yeah, Whatever." Yusuke said, flipping his wrist in a quick up and down motion. "Now, to the reason why you guys were called--" Botan cut him off.


"We're playing Truth or Dare!!" She squealed, apparently happy with all this.


"Bye." Kena said and turned around, ready to leave the room. That is, until someone tackled her.


"No!! Come on! Play!!" Botan wailed.


"Why?! I hate this game!" Kena screamed, trying to get away. Botan was clinging on to her legs.


"Because we can learn more about you. And it'll be fun!" Keiko offered in.


Kena let out an irritated groan.


"Scared?" Yusuke's voice asked.


"What?" Kena asked him back, raising a challenging eyebrow.


"I said, Are you scared? Because that's the only reason why you wouldn't be playing. You're just a scardy cat." Yusuke was really starting to get on her very last nerve.


"Fine." Kena grumbled out. "But, Hiei and Kurama HAVE to play too!!"


"I'm not taking part in this human game." Hiei said calmly and his voice was laced with a mysterious darkness also hinted with the slightest bit of hate. Okay, his choice was set in stone.


Kena's eyes quickly darted over to Kurama faster than anyone could blink. "And you, Roommate? Remember, I live in the same room with you for now, bad things can happen while you're sleeping." Kena said, smirking slightly.


Keiko and Botan's heads quickly snapped back to Kena. "Roommate?!" They both asked.


Kena blinked then smiled softly. "My room wasn't ready for me yet. It still isn't. So, I have to sleep across the hallway, thus, Kurama's Room!"


"Eh...Is that right?" Botan asked slowly, her voice no longer as bubbly.


"Yep!" Kena answered back, happy for some reason.


"Kena, I'd much rather you not threaten me," Kurama told her sternly.


"Then play the game." Kena snapped back.


Kurama glared for a second then sighed. "Fine." He muttered gently.


Kena beamed. "Okay!" Kena sat down next to Yukina and Kurama filled in the place on her other side. "See, I just needed to push you."


"Then why didn't you push Hiei?" Kurama asked in a whisper.


"Because, Hiei kinda scares me."


"Who goes first?" Kurama then asked.


"ME! It was MY Idea!" Yusuke yelled. "Hmmm...." Yusuke's eyes scrolled around. "Kena!" He then said.


"Oh, Yes. Pick on the NEW person." Kena muttered, crossing her arms. "Truth." She then said.


"You're no fun." Yusuke paused again and got into a thinking pose. "Hmmmm! I know! Who's the guy that you like most in this room?"


Kena now paused and let her eyes scroll around the room. "Well, I don't really know any of you guys...The only guy here that I know the most would be Kurama, and that's hardly anything, also--" Kuwabara cut her off.


"OHHHH! YOU LIKE KURAMA!" The carrot top screamed.


Kena sighed Yusuke and Kuwabara sang together the song, "'Person' and 'Person' sittin' in a tree"...Only Kurama and Kena filled in the spots of 'Person'. "Okay. Moving on," Kena said in an almost bored tone, not enjoying the fact that Yusuke and Kuwabara were tweaking at her last nerve. "Kuwabara." Kena then said, interrupting them.


"Eh...ummmm....Truth?" He asked.


Kena glared. "Baby." She muttered angrily under her breath. "Fine, which person in this room have you had a secret crush on?" Kena asked, a smile spread on her lips. She wasn't sure who it was, but she had a feeling it had to be someone.


Kuwabara muttered something under his breath. "Huh, what was that?" Yusuke asked him, snickering.


"Yukina." Kuwabara then said. Yukina blushed a dark shade of red and Hiei, whom was sitting on a window sill nearby, growled a bit and glared.


'What's up with that?' Kena was tempted to ask but decided to keep it to herself.


After about 5 more turns, it got to Kena again. "Can this be that last one, I want to go to sleep." Kena said.


"But it hasn't been that long..." Botan muttered.


Kena looked over to her, "Please? It's been a long day and I want some sleep. I wasn't able to get much yesterday."


Yusuke's eyebrow quirked. "And why is that?" He asked as his eyes scrolled from her to Kurama then back to her and he smirked.


Kena blushed a small bit. "HENTAI!" Keiko screamed from the other side of Yukina.


"Baka Pervert," Botan murmured.


“Please Yusuke, we do not need inappropriate thoughts,” Kurama added in.


"Okay, okay," It was Kuwabara's turn to pick. "I already picked Kena, now, truth or dare?"


"Dare?" Kena asked. 'It's no fair. I've been asked two times and Kurama's only been asked once...'


"HEH! I dare you to..." Kuwabara paused and Yusuke whispered something into his ear. Kuwabara grinned wildly then looked over to Kena. "I dare you to kiss Kurama!"


Kena was kinda sent back by the dare, as was Kurama next to her. "Why?"


"Because, I dared you to!"


“But–“ Kena started but was cut off.


“A dare is a dare!!” Yusuke and Botan chimed, wagging their index fingers in the air.


"I hate you." Kena muttered. She bit her bottom lip roughly then quickly turned over to Kurama. He stared at her, not sure if she was going to do anything or not.


*What the hell is she doing?* Came Yoko's voice.


'You've been awfully quiet.' Kurama quickly said back. Yoko hadn’t talked for a long while. Unusual.


*You haven't answered my question. What the hell is she--* Yoko's voice was drowned out when Kena's lips quickly met theirs.


'Wow....warm...' Kena thought as she barely even pressed against his lips. It was a feather soft kiss. But before Kurama could react, let alone kiss back, Kena parted and looked back over to Yusuke. "There." She smiled and stood up. "Adios!" And with that, she swiftly walked out of the room as though she didn't just kiss her own roommate.

..::In Kurama's Room::..

Kena sighed and snuggled into the blankets. 'Warm...' She thought as she started dozing off. Then the kiss hit her again. 'That's what I was thinking when we...Well, When I kissed him...' Kena bit her bottom lip. It had been an hour since then and it was dark and quiet in Kurama's room. He was sleeping right next to her. 'It was only two seconds....Why do I keep thinking about it?' She shivered a bit in her spot. It was the same spot that she selpt in just the night before. She stayed completely still as Kurama shifted next to her.


'Maybe because it was my first...?' Kena thought and blushed a bit. 'That's kinda sad. I lost my first kiss on a boy BY A DARE.' Kena nibbled on her bottom lip again. 'But...his lips were warm....' Kena clenched her fist to were her nails were slowly digging into her own palm, cutting the flesh. 'It was only two seconds!!'


Kena tossed in the bed, trying to clear her thoughts. 'I want to sleep!!'


Once again, unknown to her, Kurama was still wide awake on his side of the bed. Yoko wouldn't leave him alone, again, just as the night before.


*She wasn't half bad. Actually good.* Yoko stated, smirking to himself. He knew this was getting on his companion's last nerve. That's the whole reason why he continued. *And to think, now she's here, sleeping in the same bed with you, only inches away.*


'Yoko, I need sleep. Plus, It was on a dare. It meant nothing to me.' Kurama snapped back.


*That's not what I heard you think while it was going on.*


Kurama paused and blushed slightly to himself. 'Go to sleep, Yoko.'


*Changing the subject isn't going to help you, Red.*


Kurama took a deep breath and tried to calm himself as he heard Kena groan a little next to him. He was going to ask her if there was something wrong, but remained silent instead. It had been quiet earlier too. Kena had talked to him freely but he hardly answered back so after a while Kena did the same and it had been fairly quiet between them.


"Kurama, I dare you to stop doing that," He then heard her mutter. He paused and blinked to himself.


*Aw. I think she's dreaming if you, Kurama.* Yoko snickered to himself.


'Hush, Yoko. You are testing my last nerve.' Kurama shifted a bit in his spot before he asked quietly, "What is it, Kena?" He stared at her as she jumped a bit and blinked when she flipped over and glared.


"You heard--I mean," Kena muttered something under her breath as she looked at her pillow. Her eyes scrolled back over to Kurama, "I can't get to sleep, again." She told gently. Kurama nodded and she stared as she bit her tongue. "Kurama, I'm sorry about earlier. It was a dare. I had to do it," Kena panicked when Kurama's eyes slowly scrambled up to her own and he gave her a questionable look. "I mean, It's not like I wouldn't on a normal day," 'Shit.' She thought biting her tongue again, trying to rephrase that. "Well, I mean, I wouldn't. But, I mean--Eh, what I'm trying to say is you're not a bad person or anything and kissing you wasn't the worst thing in the world, but, eh..." She trailed off, not knowing what to say anymore, getting jumbled in her own words.


Kurama raised an eyebrow and chuckled gently. "It's okay, Kena, I know what you're getting at. You don't want it to complicate our relationship as friends, right?" Kurama smiled and Kena nodded, a dark blush now on her face.


'I feel so stupid...Why couldn't I just have said that?!' She sighed and collapsed into her pillow. "Kurama," She now badly sought his voice to ring out and brake the silence of the night.


"Yes, Kena?" Kurama asked, not minding talking to her. It wasn’t as late as the night before, at least. And there wasn't any school tomorrow.


"Kanna--She...Well, I told you about her. See, what I meant when she should have been a Spirit Detective, I meant she had an irregular amount of Spirit Energy. More than she should have. But just a little more. Not enough for many complications. But, I also knew that they would find her if she kept growing, because I noticed that along with the body, the Spirit also grows little by little. And I thought that if it was like that, then after so long, Spirit World would be able to find her themselves." Kena flipped on her back rather than her stomach and looked over to Kurama. He had been on his back and still was, but now he was looking over to her.


"That's dangerous, though. She could have much energy now and be a serious threat--" Kena cut him off.


"I know that...But, I thought her life was too complicated for anything else...I still think it is." Kena paused. 'Maybe it's changed? Maybe her Mother is different now...'


Kurama saw the look in her eyes. She was getting distant and she was obviously worried. "But, I'm sure that Spirit World will find her if she is considered a major a threat." He added in.


Kena nodded gently, "Do you think...that I could call her?" Kena asked him, letting her eyes slowly shift back over to him. They were rimmed with tears. None were shed but they were ready. 'I haven't cried in years,' Kena thought as she continued to stare at Kurama. That's all she could do. She could just stare and try to blink away the tears, hoping that the on-coming headache would leave as quickly as it had came.


He offered her a comforting smile. "I don't see anything against it. You can call her tomorrow..." Kurama trailed off when Kena quickly hugged him. Unknown to her a small blush was on his face. She pulled back and smiled.


"Thank you!!" She said happily. She shifted in her spot several times, "I can't wait!! Oh, wait!" Something hit her. "What time is it right now Kurama?" Kurama looked to where his clock was, tattered and chipped by Kena's encounter with it that morning. "11:15..." Kurama told gently.


"Then I can call now! Because that means it's..." Kena paused as she did the calculations.


"Only 3:15 PM over there..." Kurama replied, getting the answer before she could.


"Yeah! Then...she's not out of school yet. I really hoped she skipped," Kena climbed out of bed and walked over to her bag. She pulled out a silver cell phone and stared for a second. Then she sighed loudly.


"What is it?" Kurama asked as he watched her shake her cell phone and groan.


"I guess during all the excitement I forgot that I didn't know her number, so much for that idea..." She crawled back into bed with the cell phone at hand. "Good night, Kurama."

~~~

AnimeFox1940: Okay. I guess I'll stop there for now! ^-^

BlackCat116: You seem happy...O.o

AnimeFox1940: Thank you!! Sorry for the waiting, guys. I made it kinda long...but if you're a fast reader, that's a different story. Heh. Sorry!! I try!

BlackCat116: Ja.