Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ The Least of our worries ❯ DADA and Prof. Umbridge ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I wish I owned them, but I don't

Chapter 6: DADA and Prof. Umbridge

(Spoilers)

As soon as Yusuke sat down, Dumbledore rose and the whole Great Hall quieted down. "And now please feel free to dig in," he said as the plates in front of them filled with food. Both Kurama and Hiei looked at the food strangely as both Yusuke and Yukina dug in.. After seeing nobody pass out, they started to empty their plates in their stomachs. Sometime during the feast Tsuki had crept from his cage and had entered the Great Hall. He jumped in the lap of the first person he recognized which happened to be Hiei.

'What the hell?" said Hiei as a silver blur jumped onto him. He realized that it was Tsuki and called out the Kurama. "Hey kitsune, get your fox off of me." He pointed to Tsuki as he spoke. The fox, even though seeing his master refused to move from Hiei.

"Well it seems that Tsuki has taken a liking to you Hiei," said Kurama as he reached over Yukina and took Tsuki off his lap. Grumbling to himself Hiei soon finished his meal. As soon as everyone had finished eating, Dumbledore clapped his hands and all the food disappeared.

"Excuse me. Mr.Filch has asked me to remind you not to do any magic in the halls. Also note that the Forbidden Forest isn't called Forbidden for nothing. (On this phrase Hiei said, "Well I'm called the forbidden child for a reason too you know.") We have a new staff member this year. Please welcome Professor Umbridge our new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher." The Hall echoed with polite applause. Everyone was clapping save our favorite detective and his fellow demon lord, Hiei. " House quidditch team tryouts will" Dumbledore turned to the reason he stopped. Prof. Umbridge had risen and cleared her throat to make a speech. Dumbledore sat down smiling as the rest of the teachers looked at her like she was crazy. It was apparent to the Renkai Tentai that things were not done this way around here.

Hiei's p.o.v

'What the hell is that woman talking about? She actually believes that we care that she's from the Ministry of Magic. She's talking to us like we're children. She is just blabbing on and on. Yukina is petting Tsuki, while Kurama is holding Tsuki so she doesn't run. I looked over Kurama's shoulder to Yusuke. He looked like he was in la-la land. I looked up again and noticed she finally finished. The headmaster had risen again and was trying to finish the sentence he had started. "House quidditch team tryouts will-" My sharp hearing was once again interrupted by that girl's, the red head, and the other boys' babbling. "Well what does it mean?" asked the red head boy. The girl answered, " I'll tell you what it means, it means the Ministry's interfering in Hogwarts business." Somehow that phrase reminded me of something that Koenma had said before we left.

'Don't tell anyone that you're demons, there's a new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher that can't be trusted.'

'So, that Umbridge lady can't be trusted. I don't like people that pose a threat to my sister. Oh well, if she messes with Yukina, I know for a fact that neither Kurama or I will hesitate to end her pitiful existence.'

Normal p.o.v.

Hiei, Yukina, Kurama, Yusuke, and the rest of the students left the Great Hall to go to their respective Houses. Fortunately, Dumbledore knew of their heritage and had given them a room for all four of them to share. They found their clothes and belongings near their respective beds. After going through their things to make sure nobody had taken anything they settled down for the night.

"That woman is the one that Koenma was talking about," said Kurama. The group turned to him. The bedding arrangement was. Left * Right

Yusuke * Hiei

Kurama * Yukina

"I figured that much," said Yusuke as Yukina and Hiei nodded.

"Well, we should get to sleep, we do have classes in the morning. I heard from a student that this year is when they take high standard exams called O.W.L.S. If we want to pass them we need to be in top condition." Rolling his eyes at the fox, Hiei turned over in his bed and went to sleep.

Next morning……

The students were casually eating breakfast when a hooting sound echoed from the top of the Great Hall. Hundreds of owls flew through the roof. Although they had seen it all before they were staring at them. Well them consisted of 3 birds that stood out from the group, otherwise known as Shinagami, Shenlong, and Shiva. They all carried large packages the largest of them held by Shiva. Hiei reached up to help Shinagami with the box when he caught the name Shiori Minamino at the top. Almost dropping the box he tossed it to Kurama who then opened it curiously. Reading the letter he let out a sigh that meant that he wasn't in trouble for lying to her. Inside the box were clothes for each of them. Opening the package with his name on it he realized that they were Japanese clothing like the ones he wore. "Hey we could where these to Hogsmeade instead of ruining our colored school robes," said Kurama as he shifted through his package. At the bottom of his clothing there was an outfit wrapped up. It was definitely fancy. Taking it out he showed it to everyone saying that they could where this to the biggest ceremony instead of a dress robe. Hiei silently agreed. After handing Yusuke his package he gave Hiei his. Peeking inside, Hiei smirked ' Kurama's mother knew his taste.' He turned to Yukina who has unwrapping her package and took one of the material out.

"Oh," she cried as she saw it. It was silk and was a gorgeous purple with a silver shine to it. "Hiei wouldn't this look great as a kimono," the ice apparition happily

Turning to his sister he put on one of his rare smiles and said, "Of course Yukina, right Kurama."

A blushing Kurama turned to his best friends sister and said, "it would look lovely on you,Yukina"

Smirking to himself he caught the spirit detectives eye and nodded. They both reached for the other packages both addressed from Koenma.

"I would open them in private if I were you," said a voice from behind them. They turned around to see their head of House Prof. McGonagall. "When you open you'll see what I mean." With a suspicious look from Hiei they nodded picking up the boxes and the packages from Shiori, as well as Kurama's and Yukina's stuff they headed up to their room leaving a blushing Yukina and Kurama behind.

I haven't gotten much review for this fic. By the time I get up to chapter 24 I hoped to have 232 reviews again. Even though it's not as much anymore, new people are reviewing my story so I know that other people like it as well. Oh well Ja Ne`