Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ The Love of a Kitsune ❯ The Plot Thickens ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

[Disclaimer: I do not own Yu Yu Hakusho……or do I? Muahahahaha!! AHHH!! Lawyers! OKAY I DON'T OWN IT! I DON'T OWN IT! Just don't hurt meee!!]
 
Millie-Chan: Of course Kurama can save her! I'm a humor writer! Angsts scare me!
 
Botan-Jaganshi: Enjoy!
 
Kit_Minamino: Here's your update! Your accolades touch me to my very soul! (only slightly sarcasm)
 
Kagorin: You are the kind of reader that makes writing worthwhile! Enjoy the update!
 
Ashley: I hope you think so highly of this chapter!
 
Kurama and Botan Lover: I would hope this is a good fic. I love KB! Sorry about the lack of fluff but I like to ease into it. I think there might be some fluff in here but don't get mad if there isn't a whole lot.
 
On to the fic!!!!!!!!
&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&
 
Chapter 2: The Plot Thickens (thanks to KB lover for the title inspiration)
 
“I think it's this way!” Botan called down after a few minutes of reviewing the information on her compass.
 
“You think?” asked Hiei from a nearby tree, “Goodness, Onna. I was hoping you were smarter than this but I guess I was wrong.”
 
Botan landed a few feet away from the koorime and glared at him.
 
“Hey! I don't see you trying to help!” she yelled at him, “You're the one who's got the Jagan eye! Why don't you find it if you're so smart!?”
 
“Yes Hiei,” interjected Kurama calmly, “I'm surprised that you haven't done that already.”
 
“Hn. I have kitsune,” the short man replied, “Something is blocking my telepathy.”
 
“Sweet!!!” cried Yusuke, “That means we've got a bad one on our hands! I've been need of some sport!”
 
“Oh Yusuke!” sighed Botan, smiling slightly.
 
“What?” he asked as everyone looked at him strangely.
 
“You—,” but Botan was cut off by the compass going haywire, “I've got it! Fifty meters and coming closer!”
 
“Everyone get ready,” said the detective, putting on his battle face, “We don't know what we're up against so keep your guard up. Botan, you'd better stay up in the air.”
 
Botan nodded and mounted her oar. She rose until she was about a hundred feet up and stopped to watch. As the ferry girl looked at the compass she gasped.
 
“It's almost on top of you!” she yelled down to the boys.
 
“Where?!” yelled Kuwabara as he franticly looked around as if expecting to see it on his back.
 
Botan would have laughed but at that moment a long cord of some kind flew out of nowhere and wrapped around the end of her oar causing her to lunge forward. She screamed and slipped off, plummeting to the ground. She closed her eyes as she waited for the crash. Even though she couldn't die it would still really hurt. Suddenly, though, she felt something warm wrap around her and stop her midair.
 
She opened her eyes to see…Kurama. He was holding her bridal style on a branch of a large tree. He smiled at her and she returned it weakly before passing into darkness.
 
@---`-,-----
 
Botan slowly regained consciousness and instantly sat up frantic. She immediately regretted getting up so fast, however, for her head swam horribly. She let out a small groan.
 
“You should lie back down,” said a soothing voice from a corner, “You've had quite a shock.”
 
She turned to see Kurama smiling down at her from a chair near to where she sat.
 
“B-but the youkai! What about the youkai? How are you and the others! Did you kill it? Why was I attacked? Who—,” the diety's onslaught of questions were quieted by a finger at her lips.
 
“Shh!” the kitsune whispered, “Everything is fine, Botan. The youkai ran when his attack on you failed. Yusuke and the rest are hunting it down as we speak. We do not know why you were attacked, at the moment. It might be because you are one of our friends and they wanted a hostage. Everyone is fine but you won't be unless you rest.”
 
The ferry girl thought about this for a moment and realized he was right. She was about to lie down and have a nap when she remembered something. She turned quickly back to Kurama and wrapped her arms around his neck. He stiffened for a moment before returning the gesture.
 
“Thanks for saving me,” she whispered into his shoulder.
 
“It was the least I could do. The others would have done the same, I was just the first one there.”
 
“Still,” she persisted pulling back a little to look into his beautiful green eyes, “You do so much for me. I don't know how to repay you.”
 
“Being the cheerful person you are is all the thanks I need. You could also thank me by going to sleep!” he ended laughing.
 
Botan pretended to pout which only made him laugh louder. She finally broke down and laughed too. Then without warning he pushed her onto the bed and pulled the covers around her.
 
“There, now stay!” he cried.
 
The blue haired girl stuck her tongue out at him but snuggled into the pillow none the less. Soon she was asleep, leaving the red-haired demon to his thoughts.
 
`She's so beautiful when she's sleeping,' he thought, `of course, she's beautiful all the time.'
 
He brushed a few stands of azure hair from her eyes and she stirred slightly. He sighed inwardly. It was killing him to see her here in his room and not hold her. She would never know that she was the small ray of sunshine in his life. Her cheerful demeanor but fiery temper that would appear only now and then was so cute to him. Her long blue hair made his fingers itch to touch it. Her soft creamy complexion, her purplish eyes, everything about her was perfect to him. True she was a little naïve at times but that just made her more fun and amusing. She was one of the very few people who were able to make him laugh.
 
He shook his head to clear them of such things. He could never tell her. For one reason, people of Rekai were forbidden to love one of one of the other worlds and two, she could never return his feelings. Could she? She was an angel from spirit world where as he was a half-human kitsune and the greatest thief in all three worlds. No, she could never love him. And with another sigh he left the room.
 
&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&
[Not very cliffy but it's still really evil because Kurama's sad! Does Botan feel the same way for Kurama? Will the mysterious force be caught? Will the diety and the thief ever find each other? Was that last question really corny? Yes!!!! Goodbye! Please Review!!!!! ^___^]