Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ The Love of a Kitsune ❯ Kidnapped ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

[Disclaimer: I do not own Yu Yu Hakusho. I, however, cannot speak on the behalf of my evil twin. She does tend to wander off a lot, and I keep getting strange threatening phone-calls from Japanese police…]
 
**does a little dance** Now on to the show!!…If you make me do that again I swear…
&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&
 
Chapter 3: Kidnapped
 
The next day was pretty normal. Botan had left a few hours after she had woken up the day before and hadn't come back from Rekai yet, Kurama and Kuwabara were at school, Hiei was snoozing in a tree, and Yusuke was obviously ditching while pummeling a few thugs three times his height. There were no more youkai spotted in the area…at least until Yusuke was attacked by a giant snake demon with two heads and it's cronies.
 
“Take this you ugly little—,” cried Yusuke as he shot the thing with a shot gun blast but was interrupted by his mirror.
 
“Yusuke!” said Botan's voice from the tiny device, “Kurama and the others are being attacked by pretty powerful youkai! They need help!”
 
“There not the only ones!” he yelled as he dodged another swipe from the large snake youkai's tail, “I`ve kinda got my hands full too!”
 
It seems that Botan had finally realized that Yusuke was bleeding in a few places. She also seemed suddenly observant enough to hear the blood-curdling screeches coming from the detective's adversary.
 
“Oh!” she said, a little shake to her voice, “I'll try to get you some…AHHHHHHH!!”
 
Suddenly Botan screamed louder than he had ever heard anyone in his life. He looked down at the mirror long enough to see a swish of blue hair as Botan was dragged from his view, a large claw around her waist.
 
“Botan!” he cried and it clicked.
 
The minor demons were a distraction. The target was the ferry-girl all along. Why else would they send such weak demons when even when they were separated they could easily destroy them. He got all this in a split second. Pretty good for a guy who didn't go to school enough to even learn the teachers' names.
 
“That's it!! Enough!!” he screamed as his spirit energy soared with rage and fear for his friend, “Take this!!” And with that the demons were incinerated by a huge spirit gun blast.
 
He picked up the forgotten mirror and called the rest of the Rekai Tentai who were lucky enough to have also finished their problems.
 
“Kurama? Is Kuwabara with you?”
 
“Yes, but why—,”
 
“No time! Find Hiei and meet me at the nearest portal!” interrupted the Tentai's leader, “It's urgent! Botan's been kidnapped!”
 
What looked like a spasm of fear crossed the kitsune's face followed closely by rage. They were both quickly stifled, no matter how rare they were. The former thief's mask was replaced almost immediately, though, he did still sound quite ominous when he spoke.
 
“I'll be there as quickly as possible,” he said and hung up.
 
Thoughts raced through the red-head's mind as he went to find Hiei, along with many questions. One thing was certain though. Whoever had stolen Botan would pay with their life and he thought they deserved far worse. The kitsune was very scarcely really angry, but at that moment even calm, collected Shuichi was screaming for the kidnapper's blood. And he would have it.
 
A black blur materialized next to him and without even looking up he changed his course to the meeting place.
 
“You have read my mind Hiei?” he asked quietly.
 
“Yes,” said the low voice of the koorime, “And let me tell you it wasn't easy. Your thoughts are so muddled I actually thought you had started to accumulate a blood lust.”
 
His taller companion said nothing. Hiei looked slightly taken aback.
 
“You have?” he asked smiling slightly, “Good. It's time you showed your old colors.”
 
“I have no intention of that Hiei,” said Kurama with a slight edge, “I just intend on giving out a little…justice.”
 
A strange smile crossed the fox spirit's pale face. It sent a chill down the small fire demons spine and that was saying something. He started to feel a small amount of pity towards the one who stole the deity. They were going to get a very unpleasant surprise if they thought the team would give up the girl. Everyone seemed to like her. Even the cold aloof Hiei could stand her more than the rest of the onnas. They weren't about to let anyone hurt her.
 
“Hey Kurama, Hiei!” called a voice from the clearing they had just entered, “Move your butts guys! I've talked to the Pacifier Junkie and he says he knows a little about who stole Botan.”
 
“Let's go,” said Kurama immediately.
 
Yusuke nodded and they stepped through the swirling vortex to Rekai.
&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&
 
[Hey! Who do you want Botan to be paired with?
 
Yusuke?
 
Kurama?
 
Hiei?
 
Wait a second…I don't care what you say because I'm pairing her with Kurama! Too bad for you other guys!
 
Anyway Read and Review…**lightning flashes and room gets dark. Voice becomes low and scary** or I will hurt you beyond comprehension. **lights turn back on and voice turns happy and peppy again** Thank You! Have a nice day! ^___^]