Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ The Love of a Kitsune ❯ The Change ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

[Disclaimer: I do not own YYH. **sob** STOP MOCKING ME!!!!!!! **sob**]
 
Botan and Kurama Lover: I ain't sayin' nothin'!
 
Kagorin: **grins shamelessly** Oh go on…No really keep `em coming!
 
Amanda: We all have a slight soft spot for YusukexKeikos. I'll try to get him injured or something so she can tend to him. You know Yusuke, so reckless! Tee Hee
 
Kit_Minamino: Thanks for the compliments, it's most appreciated. Kill anyone off?!? What do you take me for?!
 
Yamisaku: This fast enough for `ya? ^___^
 
&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&
 
The Love of a Kitsune
 
Chapter 4: The change
 
As they stepped onto Rekai soil they were met immediately by Koenma, who looked absolutely frantic.
 
“It's terrible!” he cried.
 
“We know! Botan's gone!” yelled Kuwabara.
 
“No not that!” the small overlord snapped, “Well that's important too I suppose but what's really terrible is what else Yakimiko stole!”
 
“Yakimiko?” asked Yusuke, “Is that who stole Botan? What did he steal?”
 
“Yes,” said Koenma solemnly, “Yakimiko is the demon who stole our prized ferry girl. He also stole… the Staff of Equality.”
 
Koenma said the last with an air of great importance as if everyone should gasp as they heard this. He was disappointed with the reaction.
 
“The what?” asked Yusuke.
 
“The Staff of Equality!!” yelled Koenma, “It is the thing that keeps balance between the worlds! With the Staff you could create a demon, human or spirit army with a flick of your wrist! The staff creates them! It has for all time!” he yelled making everyone's eyes widen.
 
“The staff makes the spirits while their bodies are being born,” the small man continued, calming himself a little, “Then when the fetus is ready the soul is released and sent to its body. You could also make the bodies with the Staff, though, with the cases of Rekai spirits like Botan or me. Now do you see what's so terrible?”
 
“Uh…no,” said Kuwabara.
 
“With the staff Yakimiko can stop the creation of life and make an army of whatever life form he chooses,” said Kurama solemnly, “Koenma is trying to say that, in lamen's terms, if we don't get it back than everyone—,”
 
“—is screwed,” finished Yusuke, “But why does he want Botan?”
 
“Oh!” cried Kuwabara excitedly, “I bet it's one of those times where only a Rekai person can control it! The guy saw Botan first and just took her with him! Right?”
 
Koenma looked down at his feet sadly.
 
“I wish I could say that was true, Kuwabara,” he said quietly, “Yakimiko left a note saying what his intent was. It said…Well, maybe you should read it.” He held out a small piece of paper and Yusuke took it.
 
Dear Rekai scum,
 
I have stolen the Staff of Equality to rule all three worlds. You can never stop me.
 
“He sure is too the point isn't he?” commented Yusuke but Koenma motioned to keep reading.
 
When I rule the worlds I will make all Rekai spirits my slaves for eternity and if you send your detectives I will destroy them. Painfully slowly. You may believe I have stolen the girl called Botan as a hostage, but I have not. I have stolen her to be my queen. When I destroy the detectives in front of her and the worlds bow down to me I shall make her my mate for all eternity…by force if necessary.
 
Farewell,
Your soon to be overlord: Yakimiko
 
“Well? What are we waiting for!?” yelled Yusuke disgustedly, “Let's find this bastard and save Botan! Where is he Koenma?”
 
Koenma opened his mouth to reply but Hiei beat him to it.
 
“In Makai,” said the fire demon, “A small cave in the jungle area.” He turned a little towards Kurama. “Botan is with him.”
 
Kurama's face didn't change one bit but his eyes flared with many emotions making them dance with a manic, fiery light. How dare Yakimiko take Botan! How dare he even think about making her his mate! She was Kurama's and Kurama's alone!
 
“Well, let's go!” cried Kuwabara, “We have to save Botan and the Stick of Interrogatory or whatever that thing is.”
 
Yusuke sniggered and they stepped into another portal destined for Makai.
 
&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &
 
~With Botan~
 
Botan was chained to a wall in a small dark cave, but she didn't know that yet. She was still blissfully unconscious…and unaware of the dangers surrounding her. This ended soon, however, when she opened her violet eyes to the darkness around her.
 
Standing in front of her was a demon. He was tall and lean. He was a kitsune with long gold hair past his shoulders. His light blue eyes were filled with evil and some other emotion she didn't want to think about at the moment.
 
“Hello my dear,” he said silkily, “I'm so glad you're awake. Now you can witness your mate destroy your home.”
 
“You're no mate of mine,” she said angrily, “And you'll never destroy Rekai.”
 
“Oh I beg to differ, my sweet,” he replied stepping closer to her, “on both accounts. I will destroy Rekai and take over the three worlds and when I do…,” He grabbed her chin and tilted her head up. “You will be my queen.”
 
“No she won't you freak!” a welcomed voice from the cave entrance cried.
 
The demon we know as Yakimiko turned to see Yusuke, with the rest of the spirit detectives in tow. Botan's eyes brightened with relief and happiness.
 
“Hang on Botan!” Kuwabara called, “The great Kazuma Kuwabara is here to save you!”
 
“You idiot!” groaned Yusuke, but he let it go and turned to Yakimiko, “You can either come quietly…or I can beat the crap outta you. Your choice. Personally, I prefer the last.”
 
Yakimiko pulled a long sword seemingly out of the air and charged at the young detective.
 
“I was hoping you'd say that!” Yusuke cried as he dodged and connected a blow to the kidnapper's head.
 
Hiei and Kuwabara joined him shortly but Kuwabara was soon knocked across the room. He had, however, gotten a few good blows in while he was conscious. Kurama went to help Botan.
 
“Thanks Kurama. You don't know how glad I am to see you guys!” she gasped as he cut her bonds with his Rose Whip.
 
“I'm just glad you're safe,” Kurama replied once his deed was done, “You had us all extremely worried. Even Koenma was—,” but what Koenma was she didn't find out for at that moment a loud cry of anguish brought their attention back onto the battle.
 
The sight was terrible. Hiei was on the ground, writhing in agony. He didn't cry out though, he was stronger than that. Yusuke was still fighting but he was looking tired and he was bleeding profusely. Yakimiko looked just as bad luckily. He wasn't nearly as regal looking as he had been moments before, nor quite as confident.
 
Suddenly Yusuke was thrown from the fray by a large energy blast from his adversary and Kurama saw fit to intervene. He rushed towards the opponent with his Rose Whip raised, but before he could reach Yakimiko the felon pulled a long staff out of the air. It was obviously the Staff of Equality.
 
It was long, made of a reddish wood, and topped with a huge glowing blue crystal. He raised it above his head to shoot a blast from it. The energy was huge. It would have obliterated a whole mountain range in a matter of seconds. Kurama saw it coming but he was too close to dodge. He was faced with death before though and was not afraid.
 
Kurama was seldom ever scared, surprised, or confused but what happened next was enough to make him feel all this and more. He felt hands pushing him out of the way. It was Botan. She had sacrificed her own life for his by knocking him from the range of the blast. As the blast hit time seemed to stand still. Botan felt a rush of emotions. Fear, relief, concern, satisfaction, then she felt no more as darkness consumed her for the second time that day.
 
@----`--,------
 
“Ugh! What happened?” said an extremely drowsy and irritable ferry girl.
 
The question was a rhetorical one of course. It was one of those things someone always says when they pass out and wake up later feeling like they'd been hit by a bus. Imagine her surprise when she heard the answer.
 
“That's what we'd all like to know,” Was it just her or did the voice sound a bit awestruck?
 
She opened her eyes. The whole Rekai Tantei was staring down at her. Yes, they definitely looked astounded. Even Hiei's eyes were completely round and the two high-school students had their mouths open.
 
“What? Why's everyone staring at me like that? Where's Yakimiko?” she asked starting to get irritated.
 
“Yakimiko escaped while we were busy with you,” said Kurama quietly, his eyes dancing with a foreign emotion, but she ignored it.
 
“Well, why are you staring at me like I've grown a second head that's started to hand out tacos?” she asked angrily.
 
“A second head would be a little less shocking than this,” she heard Hiei mumble almost to himself.
 
“What do you mean?” she asked suspiciously, “Tell me you guys!”
 
Yusuke grabbed a large shiny crystal from one of the clusters around the cave and placed it in front of her. She looked at it and saw herself and yet…it wasn't. No, it couldn't be…She couldn't be…
 
“Botan,” said Kurama still awestruck and quiet, “You're a demon.”
 
&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&
 
[Muahahahahaha! I'm so EVIL!!! Muahahahahaha! I would say I'm sorry for the cliffhanger…but I'm not! I like to watch you suffer! But don't worry! I'll update…In a few weeks! AHHHHHH!! DON'T HURT ME! Fine I'll update sooner…JUST DON'T KILLLLLL ME!!!]