Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ The Love of a Kitsune ❯ New Powers Revealed ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

[Disclaimer: I do not own Yu Yu Hakusho. If I did I would be in my room crying tears of sheer unbridled joy.]
 
Kit-Forest-Mistress: Botan can't die (not that I'd let her). Her body is only a shell so if it gets killed her spirit will still be okay and she'll just get another body.
You say my fic is good? Man, you're review was as well written as my whole fanfic! I've never read a critique that was interesting and likeable to read…until now! Thanks so much! And because you like it so much: @---`--,-----
 
Ice Witch101: Get some sleep!…Then come read this chapter!
 
Kagorin: look for the clues I told you about! If you haven't seen my e*mail, look there first…then read this!
 
yen-chan-27: I love it when I'm evil! Muahahahahahahah..ahem…uh…READ!
 
Orchidaceae: You'll just have to read what happens next now won't you? Tee Hee!
 
Botan and Kurama Lover: Thanks! I'll just keep on shocking you! There might be more between Botan and Kurama. I feel it in my bones! It also helps that I write the chapter and THEN write the responses! Tee hee…again!
 
&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&
 
The Love of a Kitsune
 
Chapter 5: New Powers Revealed
 
Botan was speechless. As she stared at her reflection she began to take in her new form. Her blue hair had forced it's way out of her hair tie and had grown making it as long as her middle thigh. Instead of her pink kimono the ferry girl was now wearing midnight blue, sleeveless robes with red sash, shoes, and trim. It was not unlike Youko Kurama's clothes. She stared at her hands and flexed her long fingers watching her semi-retractable claws lengthen and shorten at will. Botan stood up suddenly and gasped as two long tails swished out behind her. The left one was bushy and black, contrasting to the right one, which was sleek and white.
 
Suddenly she felt something on her head shift and Kuwabara's sudden squeal of joy caused her to wince. Impeccable hearing could be a nuisance sometimes. In an instant Kuwabara was next to her, staring at her head with rapture.
 
“Her ears are just like Eikichi's!” he squealed.
 
She reached up and felt two cat-like ears perched atop her head. The left was sleek and white while the right was bushy and black but still soft. She saw Kazuma's hand becoming steadily closer.
 
“Now wait just a second! Wait! No! Ah….!” She cried but it was too late.
 
The tall red haired man was now stroking her ears like his own cat's. Her yells of warning soon transformed into deep purring. She slumped to the floor, eyes half closed with a silly, contented grin on her face.
 
“Hey, this is cool!” cried Kuwabara as he continued to pet her ears like a house-pet, “C'mon you guys! Try it!”
 
“Awesome!” said Yusuke and he took over the black ear. Secretly he'd been wanting to do this ever since he saw Youko's ears, “Hey! You demons should try it too! It's really relaxing.”
 
“Hn!” scoffed Hiei, “Like I'd ever do that.”
 
“What are you?” asked Yusuke, knowing it would make him try it, “Scared?”
 
That of course made Hiei come over and take over the black ear from Yusuke. Sometimes his pride was such a burden.
 
“C'mon Kurama!” said Yusuke elbowing the kitsune in his side, “You know you want to!”
 
Kurama knew he wanted to. He wasn't sure he should though. All animal youkai have a certain pact, a bond if you will. Their ears were almost sacred and reserved for only their closest friends. To touch them without permission…
 
That fact wasn't the only thing keeping him back either. He wasn't sure if he could trust himself. He found Botan's new form to be even more beautiful than her original one. Youko was already ready to tear out his eyes in frustration that he couldn't hold her. Well if he only touched her ears he should be okay…right?
 
Kurama walked over next to Hiei and reached out to the white ear. It shivered under his hand and Botan seemed to purr louder. He noticed her tails swishing lazily back and forth behind her. The black ones spiky hair left deep ruts in the soil. It was like iron spikes. The white one suddenly cracked like a whip and made Kuwabara jump a good few feet into the air.
 
“We really should call Koenma about this,” mumbled Hiei.
 
Kurama nodded but neither of them moved. Her soft ears, the rhythmic motion of her tails, the deep purring. It was causing a mass trance and calming spell among them. Even Yusuke and the baka were being affected and they weren't even touching the ears. Kurama tried to pull away but as soon as he did her ear seemed to stretch out towards him. Hiei saw and smirked at him.
 
The white tail cracked again, snapping them out of their trance and they stepped away.
 
“Wha…? What happened?” asked Botan groggily, “Did I fall asleep?”
 
“No,” replied Hiei as she got up, “The oaf just mistook you for his housecat.”
 
“Hey! You petted her too, shrimp!” said Kuwabara in his defense.
 
“Because you challenged me, Baka!” he snapped.
 
“Well, let's just not do that anymore okay?” said Botan shaking the rest of her grogginess off with her ears flapping as she did, “I had a very nice dream but I think we should focus more on the matter at hand.”
 
She reached into her robes and pulled out a smoking piece of twisted metal.
 
“Crap! The communicator was trashed in the blast!” she mumbled to herself, her tails swishing irritatedly, “I know! I'll just summon my oar, fly to a portal, and get Koenma to create another one for you guys!”
 
“Sounds good to me,” said Kuwabara enthusiastically.
 
“Then we'd better not try it,” said Hiei.
 
“You wanna start somethin' shrimp?!?” the tall man threatened.
 
“Both of you shut up!” yelled Botan but it came out more like an angry cat hiss.
 
Surprisingly they both did and turned to watch her. She raised her right hand and in a flash of light something appeared. It wasn't her oar, though. It was a long staff with a carved cobra on the top.
 
“Even my oar has changed!” she cried exasperatedly and she bashed the end of the staff on the floor in emphasis.
 
Suddenly the cobra came to life and hissed out at the boys. They all stepped back in surprise. The snake slithered down Botan's arm and draped itself around her shoulders comfortably. It hissed at her. The boys expected her to be terrified. They expected her to scream for help. They expected anything but what happened next. She spoke to it!
 
She opened her mouth and out poured a beautiful ancient-sounding dialect. It was complicated and graceful yet the ferry girl spoke it like she had known it all her life. It sounded like a mixture of different types of animal calls. The hiss of a snake, the howl of a dog, the whistle of a bird, the cry of a leopard. They were all there. It was fascinating to listen to.
 
 
When she had finished the snake answered back and a strange look of understanding spread across the new cat demon's face. The snake then slithered back to the staff and became wood once more. Yusuke was the first to break the silence.
 
“What the Hell!?” he cried causing Kuwabara and Botan to jump, “What the Hell happened, dammit?”
 
“Yes,” interjected Kurama calmly, “I believe we'd all like to know.”
 
“The snake says I have the control over all three worlds Fauna just like you have control over Flora, Kurama,” she said, “Cool huh?”
 
“Fauna?” questioned Kuwabara, “You mean like Bambi?”
 
“That's fawn you imbecile,” snapped Hiei, “Flora and Fauna are the scientific terms for animal life and plant life.”
 
“Oh,” said Kuwabara, obviously lost. It seemed that he didn't catch the `imbecile' thrown in.
 
“Bingo!” cried the cat youkai. (A/N: sorry! I had to put that in there!)
 
“It's kinda ironic don't you think?” mused Botan as she placed her chin in her hand, “I mean, I have the power of animals and Kurama has the power of plants.” She turned to the red-haired kitsune and smiled. “Just imagine if we weren't friends! The whole balance of time and space would be thrown out of whack if Flora and Fauna were like that.”
 
She giggled. Kurama smiled. It is ironic, thought Kurama. In more ways than you know, Botan. He thought how animal life (humans) took care of and some worshipped nature, but he (Flora) took care of and worshipped her.
 
“Well, let's get a move on!” the ferry girl cried suddenly, “I can't turn back to me and find that rotten Yakimiko without Koenma!”
 
The boys scowled. They had forgotten about Yakimiko while marveling Botan's new form. Now the memories flooded back in a cloud of failure. They couldn't remember the last time they hadn't caught their culprit and it sickened them. Their pride burned like poison in them.
 
“Come humans,” ordered Hiei, “there is a portal to Rekai ten miles West from here.”
 
“You mean we're gonna walk?!” asked Kuwabara like it was the craziest notion in the world.
 
“Hn,” scoffed the fire demon, “Of course, weakling. Do you see any other means of transportation?”
 
“Uh…no,” said Kuwabara sadly, “Hey I'm not a weakling you little weasel.”
 
“Hey!” cried Botan, “I resent that!”
 
Hiei glared at her fiercely.
 
“That's enough children,” said Yusuke stepping between the three, “Now let's start walking. Honestly I never thought I'd actually have to be the mature one.”
 
“Did you know he knew the word `mature',” whispered Kuwabara. Botan shook her head.
 
Well, after a few more arguments of that nature Botan, Hiei, Yusuke, and Kuwabara started out of the cave.
 
“Botan, can I talk to you first,” asked Kurama from the background.
 
&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&
 
[Not as evil of a cliffhanger, which makes me sad. Well you still get to suffer. What will Kurama say? Will he tell her his feelings? Will he ask to pet her ears again? What will happen next!!!! Read and Review! ^___^]