Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ The Love of a Kitsune ❯ Youko Is Back ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

[Disclaimer: If I owned YYH then do you actually think I'd be hanging out with you weirdoes?]
 
&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&
 
The Love of a Kitsune
 
Chapter 6: Youko is Back (with some comedy)
 
Botan held off the impulse to grimace. She was afraid this might happen. She knew she'd be asked why she had attempted to save Kurama. What was she going to say? Well, Botan thought to her-self. I'm certainly not going to tell him the truth and let him laugh in my face, that's for sure.
 
The truth was that Botan liked Kurama the same way he liked her. That little tid-bit however was unknown to them. And, just like all other cheesy romance stories, neither of them were brave enough to tell each other. Don't you just hate that?
 
“Sure Kurama!” she piped up, masking her insecurity with a ditzy, peppy exterior as she walked over to him, “What did you want to talk about?”
 
“Why did you try to save me before?” he asked.
 
“Well, I had the opportunity,” she said simply.
 
When he continued to stare at her expectantly she laughed.
 
“Did you actually think I would let you die?” she asked, “Honestly Kurama, I thought you knew me better! You're my friend and if I have the chance to save you I'm sure as Hell going to take it. I wouldn't die anyway, unlike some other people who could try and save you.”
 
She smiled brightly and hugged him.
 
“Now let's go! The others are already well ahead of us by now!” she pulled away and ran to the cave entrance. Then she turned and smiled mischievously back at him, “I'll race you!”
 
She sped out of the cave and out of sight. Kurama started to run. He was fast but not near as fast as Botan was in her full demon form.
 
//Let me take over\\ said a voice in Kurama's head.
 
Youko?
 
//Hn. Who else would be speaking in your head. And I thought you were the smart half\\
 
I'll pretend I didn't hear that. Anyway, why should I let you take over? So you can steal some priceless antiques and kill a few innocent bystanders for old times?
 
//No\\
 
Then why.
 
Kurama could feel the smirk from his subconscious self.
 
//Because you'll never catch Botan in this state\\
 
The red-haired boy grinned and nodded as his other half took over. His hair faded to silver-ish white along with his clothes. His nails elongated and formed into a sharp point along with his teeth. He grew a few feet taller and his eyes changed from emerald to gold…Youko was back.
 
Now fully transformed Youko tore after Botan like his life depended on it. He saw her turn back smiling, ready to mock him again. He smirked as she squealed with surprise when she saw him and ran faster. He loved it when his prey gave a good chase.
 
He ran next to her and smirked again, wider if at all possible. She wasn't afraid though, in fact she smirked back.
 
“That was dirty,” she told him, “Bringing Youko into this.”
 
“How,” he inquired innocently, “I am Kurama. A different more violent side of him true, but still him.”
 
“Whatever,” she said smiling slyly, “I just thought that you were extremely egotistical where as Kurama is not as much. I'd hate to hurt your pride when I win.”
 
Youko gaped at her as she smirked and ran faster. Her cat-youkai natural competitive instincts must have started kicking in, for he had never seen Botan so aggressive about…well anything.
 
Suddenly the girl disappeared from view as she jumped into the trees' concealing branches. He looked at her almost awed as she swung expertly from branch to branch. Then, he saw her lose her balance but just as he was about to go and rescue her she let out a cry and a huge Makai bird youkai (not humanoid in any way) swooped down and saved her. She swung from the bird's claws onto its back soon after and swooped down next to Kurama to gloat.
 
“So you want to play rough do you?” he asked playfully.
 
“Duh!!” she cried.
 
“Fine! But I warned you!” he yelled as a huge tree grew out beneath him and began to carry him forward at a break neck pace.
 
She gasped and urged the bird forward as the youkai made another strange call. Youko saw the portal ahead and smirked. It was all over, he had won. Suddenly his plant shuddered and fell a few inches. He was nearly thrown off but held on. The kitsune turned to see hundreds of small Makai animals knawing on his tree.
 
 
The silver fox jumped off the plant just as it crumbled beneath him. He looked up as Botan soared over him. He reached up and slashed the bird's underside with his claws as she passed causing the bird to crash. Botan had leapt to the side and was unharmed.
 
“Looks like we're back where we started,” she told him as they ran neck and neck once more.
 
“Indeed,” he said, “But not for long.”
 
His tail came in towards her and swooped beneath her feet almost tripping her. Almost.
 
“I couldn't agree more,” Botan laughed.
 
She used the same trick but as he jumped over the black tail the white one wrapped around his leg and swung him away from the race. She turned in front of the portal, panting but smirking like a madman…er…madwoman.
 
“I (gasp) won (pant) Kurama,” the cat youkai managed to choke out, “Sorry for wasting your time.”
 
“Yeah!! Go Botan!” yelled a voice behind her.
 
“Totally! That was awesome,” cried another voice.
 
“Hn.” Ah, she definitely knew who that was.
 
“Hi guys,” Botan said turning towards her friends, “Were you watching the whole time.”
 
“Naw, just the last leg,” said Yusuke still beaming.
 
“That bird was really cool, Botan!” yelled Kuwabara, “Your skills could rival my own with some training!”
 
“Don't insult her like that, you dunce!” Yusuke yelled at the carrot-top.
 
“As much as it pains me to say it,” said the calm voice of the fire Koorime, “But the weakest member of our team has now become one of the strongest. And I'm not talking about the Buffoon either.”
 
“Hey!” yelled Kuwabara from Yusuke's headlock.
 
“Thanks Hiei!” said Botan happily.
 
“It's true Botan,” a soft voice from beneath a tree said, “You are good.”
 
Youko stepped out in his usual dramatic way. Yusuke ruined the moment, however, as usual.
 
“You should know Kurama,” he laughed, “She beat you without barely breaking a sweat.” (icon view of Youko's face at that moment: +-__-;)
 
“That's not true Yusuke,” the ferry girl scolded, “It isn't easy to beat Makai's greatest thief. That's the only reason he didn't win.”
 
Everyone stared her like she was crazy.
 
“Don't believe me? Just look,” She held out a long white sash, one that looked suspiciously like…
 
“Youko's sash!” cried Hiei his eyes widening slightly. His weren't the only ones either.
 
“Huh?” said Kuwabara.
 
“I stole Youko's sash when we were running,” she explained, still grinning, “My hands just started itching. They itched just like they did when I stole this stuff too!”
 
Botan let out a fit of giggles as she held out: bandages and…some spongebob boxers?
 
“Ack!!” cried Yusuke as he snatched back the boxers and stuffed them in his pocket, “How did you get theses! I thought I was wearing them today!”
 
“You were!” the new thief said still giggling so hard it almost hurt to watch her.
 
“Hey!” said Kuwabara as Yusuke turned bright red, “Aren't these the bandages I always wear under my uniform?”
 
“The same!” Botan managed to gasp out as she began rolling on the ground. Even Hiei was starting to chuckle at this absurd scene.
 
“I applaud you, onna,” he said still smiling slightly, “As long as you don't steal anything from me you'll be fine.”
 
“Too late!!” she cried standing up and catching her breath, “I already did.”
 
Yusuke and Kuwabara turned to look at the Koorime. They were willing to forgive Botan for their humiliation if Hiei was treated the same way. She reached inside inside her robes and pulled out…Hiei's katana.
 
Hiei felt in shock towards his sword, which should have been at his side. It was gone.
 
“Give that back,” he said dangerously, “or I'll—”
 
“Or you'll what?” she scoffed, “You can't do anything! I've got your sword!”
 
He raced after her. The rest of the group sat back and watched as Hiei (who screamed profanities every few minutes, which made Kuwabara gasp and giggle) chase Botan around the clearing. It was really entertaining.
 
“Fine! Have it back you sore loser!” Botan cried after two hours of chase as she threw the weapon behind her. Hiei caught it and seemed to placate.
 
“Alright,” said Kurama (back to Shuichi form), “Now that you've gotten that out of your system,” Botan raised her hand to the back of her head while the guys glared. “I suggest we get to Koenma and find out what's going on.”
 
“Right!” they all cried and stepped through the vortex to Rekai.
 
&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&
[Okay, personally this is my favorite chapter so far. It's sooooo funny even if I do say so myself. The whole fact that she could steal the belt of YOUKO KURAMA the infamous Makai thief is hilarious enough! Hope you guys like it as much as I did! R & R!! ^______^]