Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ The Love of a Kitsune ❯ Clobberings and Confessions ( Chapter 16 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: --( \ / )-- Bunny says: Hakusho009 does not own YYH. She's keeping the
--( ` `.)-- owner locked in her room to `convince' him though. She pays me
-c(,,)(,,)- to be quiet about it with carrots. …oops…
 
Me: DARN YOU, BUNNY!
 
Look at all my lovely reviewers! …LOOK AT THEM I SAY!!
 
silverblackrose: Yerp(that's not a misspelling! I like funky words!). They'll either freak or love him even more… Oops.
 
Xmiahimex: I totally agree. All love and no fighting makes fic a dull mushy thingy with no fighting. …yeah… Anyway, I've got some villainy in here but not too much `cause… Ergh… I can't say anything without giving away the story! I'll tell you at the end, hm?
 
tenten-kun: Love your name! Naruto is awesome! My second favorite anime. Anyshoe, thanks for the praise and Durrrr I'd make it a BK. What kinda lady do you think I am? Actually, I like YB, HB, and KoB too so…uh…nevermind…
 
Kitsune-001: I guess 4 months isn't quite soon enough for you, huh? Heh heh. Sorry!
 
yuki: Thanks…but… `mewmew powers'? What's that?
 
emma: Uh…four months soon enough? -got smacked with a large `no' sign— Maybe not.
 
ThePirateMonkeys: Really! Gosh tinglychan, how could you! I'm so hurt! …XD. Of course you know why, you always laugh at random nonsense…especially since you are a squishy manifestation of nonsense…like a nonsense peep. I'm gonna poke your head!
 
Mihoshi05: Here ya are! :o)
 
katsie2: Yup. Youko is definitely squee-worthy.
 
Meiko M: Hello again! I'm so glad I got your adrenaline pumping! …I think. Yeah, I know, I'm awesome! XD No, I'm not really but the way you praise me makes me feel like I am. I love reading your reviews. They make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. :o)
 
Soxp: I know. I'm the devil. :o)
 
heartluv: AAAHHH! NOO! Don't think that! I lurve you too! You just reviewed after I posted that chapter so I didn't have a chance to put you up! Don't be sad!! -cries—
 
SnugglyBuu: Really? -sniff— Y-you mean it? THAT'S SO NICE! -bursts into tears—
 
Umm.Bob: Yes. Yes, indeed. Kill that &%@#-ing drunk ass jock. -sips tea, adjusts monocle— you can keep your eggs. And don't worry, I will continue to be evil… oh yes…:) <--spooky face
 
Chisakami Saiyuki: Yes! Embrace the cliffies! They will bring you power beyond your wildest dreams! BUAHAHAHA!
 
B-chan77: Yes, pretty indeed. YAY DRUNKARDS!! Tee hee. Sorry, inside joke.
 
ClampLover: Why, thank you! :D
 
crescentmoon-cat: Yes, another cliffie. Buhaha. You know you love it. ; P
 
MidnightRisa: Ergh…I plead the Fifth!
 
LivingImpared: Gasp! A year! Shameful! …No, I kid. I'd probably go for a year too if I didn't get serious withdrawal when I'm away from FF.net for too long. Heh heh. I have no life.
 
FIC TIME!!!
 
 
 
The Love of a Kitsune
 
Chapter 16: Clobberings, Calmings, and Confessions
 
 
“Oh!” Botan gasped.
 
That pretty much summed it up. The man of her dreams was about to go completely demon on a stupid lecherous teen that happened to be possessed by an evil demon bent on world destruction, trying to make her his mate in the process. What a charmed life she lived.
 
“You,” Kurama spat the word out, “will not touch her, filthy human cist! And neither” His eyes spoke volumes, and those weren't romantic comedies he was writing. “shall the putrid scum crawling in the Demon Plane, daring to give itself a name. Yakimiko, you shall die by my hands before you take her!”
 
Botan thought she was going to swoon. Those words, spoken in anger, were they…real? They were full of hatred and vengeance and…possessiveness.
 
“Oh really, kitsune?” Naraki's voice was devoid of the drunkenness of before and was filled with a new evil. A demonic evil. “I would like very much to see you try. I will destroy you and as you look on in a pool of your own blood I will make her my own. You will be witness to her screams of ecstasy at my hands. I will—”
 
Kurama saw red. Every nerve, every fiber of his being ready to kill him in the slowest, most painful way and laugh as he died. He faintly felt the presence of the humans behind him but they were weak, they could not stop him. His hate filled mind didn't register that this was a human boy, not Yakimiko, it could not understand that Yakimiko was a dimension away. All he knew was that this creature had insulted his woman. Kurama would not stand for it.
 
The boy was flying across the room in a fraction of a second, landing in the spiked punch, breaking the table in half. The redhead stalked after him with the speed and grace of the hunter he was. Yakimiko was gone from Naraki's eyes but Kurama didn't care. He pounded the boy's face until it was unrecognizable, he grabbed the jock by the arm and swung him into wall after wall after wall. Then, he stopped suddenly at the soft hand on his arm.
 
“Stop, Kurama! You'll kill him if you keep it up!” Botan cried.
 
He smelled her tears and they were more sobering than a slap in the face. Mind finally clearing, the kitsune saw a wisp of silver hair fall into his eyes and a glimpse of golden eyes in a shard of a cracked mirror. He looked like a hybrid of Youko and Shuichi. Fox ears and tail, silver hair but Shuichi hair-style, height, and clothes. He had nearly transformed...in a room full of ningens! He looked around frantically, wracking his mind for an explanation to feed the clueless drunks…and saw a room of passed out teens. He looked over to the bluette, eyebrows raised.
 
“When you started transforming,” she began, still looking worried, “I dropped an item Spirit World created for Yusuke. Its like knockout gas for people without a large sixth-sense.”
 
“Well, that's useful,” he mumbled, then raised an eyebrow, “And you just happened to bring it with you?”
 
She shrugged. Seeing he wasn't about to get an answer he decided to switch subjects. He frowned.
 
“Why did you stop me?” he asked angrily, “That scum deserves what he gets!”
 
“Yes, but he is not Yakimiko,” Botan began, “This human's crimes were not worth death, nor were they worth your imprisonment. You're not above Rekai law, you know.” She took a step closer, looking straight into his still amber eyes. “Why did you do all that?”
 
“What do you mean?”
 
“I mean, why did you do,” she gestured around the wrecked room and towards the prone form of Naraki, “all this? I've seen you provoked before, you've never acted this violently, yes I knew what that demon was doing in the tournament with that device. And then he was insulting your mother not just…a friend.”
 
The word `friend' hurt her to say it as much as it hurt him to hear it. In fact, he was fed up with his torment. Youko was greatly influencing him now and Youko had had enough of this suffering. He reached out, probably rougher than he meant to, and clutched her shoulders, pulling her closer.
 
“Friend?” he asked quietly, “You've lived so long and yet you're still so dense. Maybe I don't want to be your friend! Maybe I'm sick of watching you day after day as your friend, someone you can come to for advice but nothing more than a companion! Maybe I hate being around you day after day; maybe its torture!”
 
He yanked her closer, becoming taller, reverting farther into his Youko form. They were merging with their combined cause. Meanwhile, Botan's soul was dying all over again. So this was what Kurama really thought about her. She was a stupid fool that he despised. Not even his friend. Tears welled in her eyes. How could she ever have thought he could love her…
 
Kurama saw her tears, her despair. Slowly he came back to himself, realizing how that sounded. He panicked. Now she thought he hated her! Before he could correct his statements, Botan spoke.
 
“So that's how you feel…” she mumbled softly, tears cascading down her flushed cheeks, “I'm an annoyance. A bother. You hate me.”
 
She tried to pull away from him. She had seen enough of these angsty romance movies to know that after an ordeal like this she was supposed to run away crying, doomed to live out her existence in solitude. Or something like that. But she couldn't get away. Kurama was furious with himself. He had given her the impression of the complete polar opposite of what was true and the kitsune was not about to let her run off before he could fix that.
 
“Botan, no,” he began desperately, “That's not what I meant.”
 
“I know very well what you meant, buster!” she yelled, still crying but furious now as well, “You made your point very clear!”
 
“No I didn't!” he said, shaking her slightly, “I said that I didn't want to be your friend and that's true!” Botan sobbed and tried another escape attempt but Kurama held fast. “I don't want to be your friend! I want to be…more.”
 
She suddenly stopped struggling. Pink eyes met gold and held.
 
“I want to be the one you can't live without because I can't live without you,” he said, eyes pleading, “I want to be the only one who can hold you, who can kiss you, who can even look at you a certain way! I want…you, Botan. Only you. That's all I ask.”
 
He let go of her then, satisfied with his confession. She could leave in disgust now, or laugh, or do whatever girls do when they reject you and run off with your crushed heart. Sure that was melodramatic but he was always a bit theatrical. He turned away and shut his eyes, ready for whatever was coming but all he heard was a soft puff of air from the girl of his dreams. A sigh?
 
“Oh god, Kurama,” she began, taking his face in her hands and making him face her, “You don't know how long I've dreamt of you saying that. You have no idea.”
 
A rush of joy and adrenaline later Kurama did the only thing he could do at the moment. He kissed her. He kissed her for all his miserable soul was worth and as she responded with equal passion and love he knew that nothing could ruin this moment. Not even fangirls, old teachers, or stale cinnabuns…
 
The End.
 
-
 
 
-
 
 
-
 
 
-
 
 
Just kidding! Its not really over, but that would be an awesome ending, ne? -gets killed by angry fan-peoples— Heh. Sorry.
 
Xmiahimex! Now, see? There was some villainy but you can't do too much with a puny human pawn and Yakimiko is too `dignified' (snort) to show up around humans. They stink too much. I'll try and get in some fighting soon however. …when, however, is another story. -sweatdrop—To everyone else? REVIEW PEOPLES!!