Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ The Love of a Kitsune ❯ Getting There, Trouble Awaits ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

[Disclaimer: I no own. Wish I did. 'Nuff said.]
 
Yay! Two updates in a row! Aren't you proud of me? A little later than I anticipated but I wanted to wait so I could reply to some reviews! I love my reviewers. Hugs to all of you! And ones to the ones that read but don't review too …but smaller hugs…you know who you are…
 
Kag-Kitsune: Okay…a little more than a few minutes…but it's better than days, yes?
 
ClampLover: A parental block? OH THE HUMANITY!! How cruel is the wrath of an older sister. Not that I'd know. You like my writing style? That's so sweet! …I didn't know I had one…XD
 
Cristina Gomez: Yay! No failing you. I am happy. I'd never give up on a fic that people enjoy! I hate it when other authors I like do that. I'd be a despicable hypocrite if I did. I am going to terminate one of my stories but never this one. Don't worry. :o)
 
Soxp: You **sniff** missed anime **sniff** for ME?! I'M NOT WORTHY!!
 
animegirl007: I tried. XD
 
Umm…Bob: Heh Heh. You remind me of my friend ThePirateMonkies. Screaming obscenities helps her calm down too. …Oh, and, by the way, I enjoy being evil…very much…>: )
 
FoxYoukaiAara: Awww. I'm glad you loved it. Thank you! :o)
 
 
 
The Love of a Kitsune
 
Chapter 15: Getting There, Trouble Awaits
 
 
“Kurama?” said Botan nervously, “Are you alright?”
 
The redhead mentally shook himself.
 
`Tonight's going to be harder on me than originally anticipated it seems,' he thought.
 
“Yes, Botan, of course I am. Shall we go?”
 
He gestured towards the stairs and she smiled a little. As she walked ahead of him he couldn't help but look her over once more. A light blue peasant top with flowing sleeves, red flower embroideries decorating the sleeves, and khaki hip-huggers.
 
`And what luscious hips they are,' growled Youko.
 
Shuichi almost nodded before mentally slapping himself. How ungentlemanly could he be? Botan was a lady and should be treated with respect. …but she was sooo beautiful.
 
They were outside, a warm breeze caressing their faces and the moon just barely peaking out from over the horizon. He crossed over to the car and opened Botan's door for her.
 
“Such a gentleman,” Botan said, chuckling slightly, trying to lighten the mood as well as her own spirits.
 
“Only around a lady such as you,” he said, letting a smirk cross his features as she blushed.
 
As he rounded the car to reach his seat, Botan found her chance to stare at him without being noticed.
 
`Dammit,' she thought angrily, `he must look this handsome on purpose just to make it hard on me. Damn him.'
 
Snug black jeans, short-sleeved dress shirt with the top few buttons undone.
 
`Of course,' she thought wryly as he slid into the seat next to her, `He could look amazing wearing a dirty burlap bag.'
 
The trip was mercifully short for both parties and soon they were at the boy named Asuri's house. They didn't need to know the address to find the right house. Cars were parked down the entire street and the one next to it. The entire neighborhood was filled with a muffled booming from the bass of music so loud it could raise the dead. Shrieks, laughter, and the incessant buzz of many people talking at once was heard from all directions (at least to the sensitive demon ear) and all of it centered at one house.
 
“The Asuri residence I presume,” she said sarcastically.
 
“It would seem so,”
 
“Minamino! Urameshi! Glad you could make it!” cried the Asuri boy, “there's some refreshments over there and some” he looked around shiftily for a moment before leaning forward and lowering his voice, as if anyone cold hear him over the deafening music. “There's some beer in my parents room. If either of you decide to go for it.” He winked and then, catching sight of another guest, walked off.
 
“No wonder everyone seems more…cheerful than usual,” said Kurama wryly, as a guy with boxer shorts on his head danced by doing the funky chicken.
 
“Cheerful, That's a nice way to put it,” laughed Botan, “so, do you want to get a snack?”
 
A table was to their right (next to the karaoke machine) filled with different snacks: pretzels, meat, cheese, candy, and punch. Botan took one sniff in the direction of the punch and winced.
 
“I'd stay away from the punch if you don't want to end up like that guy,” a girl next to her said, motioning to the boxer-head boy from before.
 
“Yeah. I'll keep that in mind,”
 
She looked around to warn Kurama…and couldn't find him. Little did she know that Kurama had been ambushed by the very drunk evil fangirls from Hell.
 
“Oh Kurama!” cried Leader-blonde (even Kurama didn't know her real name), slurring slightly, “We don't care if youse have a girlfriend now uur not. We want youse und weee won't take no…fur an…uh…”
 
“Answer?” put in a brunette.
 
“Yeah! Fur an answer!” Leader-blonde finished, triumphantly.
 
“I'm very sorry ladies but I must be getting back,” he tried explaining, as calmly as her could, “I'm sure my date will be worried.”
 
“Oh, oh, oh…You shouldn't worry about that shkank!” slurred the brunette, swaying slightly, “She looksh like she's having looots of fun with Naraki-shan over there.”
 
Suddenly a shriek made itself heard over the noise of the room. A shriek that sounded very familiar.
 
“KURAMA!!” Botan screamed, her distress evident from her slip up from his human alias.
 
“Who's this Kurama? Eh, baby?” said the afore mentioned Naraki, the same brunette that was so crude this afternoon (A/N:You knew this was coming, didn't ya), “Maybe it's a pet-name? Yeah, I'll be your Kurama baby.”
 
“You bastard!!” shouted the bluette, “Let go of me!”
 
“Ooo. You're a feisty one, aren't ya,” said the obviously drunk idiot, “I like that in a girl. It's so much more fun when I break you.”
 
Naraki leered at her, a trail of drool making its way down his chin. She turned away in revulsion and continued trying to wriggle from his grasp. He had her in a tight grip around her waist, pinning her arms in place.
 
`What the hell?' she thought, `I'm a cat-demon for goodness sakes! How is this human teenager able to keep a hold on me?'
 
She looked up into his eyes and saw a flash of blue, cold and callous, from behind the dull brown of the jock. Botan gasped. Why hadn't she sensed it before?
 
“Yakimiko!”
 
“Another pet-name?” he purred, if a drunk, stupid, possessed jerk could purr, which he couldn't.
 
“Let her go,” said a dangerously low voice.
 
The idiot turned to see Kurama eyes narrowed, staring at him. Fury was laced in his entire being. Botan smiled in relief.
 
“Ku-Shuichi!” she gasped, “Its not him, its—”
 
“I know,” he said, still staring down the brute, “I sensed it as soon as you screamed. Put her down you lowlife.”
 
“Heh. What's a wussy thing like you gonna do about it?” the jock laughed, drunkenly, “I mean, you're nearly as girly as she is. Besides, I like her and I haven't even gotten a kiss yet. Right, baby?”
 
“No way you ugly freak!!” she said, and then spit in his face.
 
Kurama nearly smirked but the amused notion vanished immediately.
 
“You little bitch!” cried Naraki, “You'll pay for that!!”
 
His hand swung back, preparing to slap her. The kitsune pounced. In nearly an instant Botan was safe, standing at the side, and Naraki was dangling three inches in the air with Kurama's hand at his throat. Botan gasped as she looked at her love. His hair was slowly bleeding silver and his golden eyes were merely slits of malice.
 
 
Tada! I made it longer and it's got some action too! You all is happy, yes? I originally had it going differently in my head. Botan would be caught by the jock and then Kurama would rescue her but then I thought, `how could a human keep a hold of her if she's a cat-demon?' so I changed it round. I hope that makes it a little less Mary-sue-ish. Review please!!