Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ The Love of a Kitsune ❯ Heart's Musings ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

[Disclaimer: I don't own YYH. Now put the lawyers down.]
 
ClampLover: Okay! :D
 
animeroxz: They are cute aren't they. I'm glad you like the story!
 
PrincessofHearts: Since you didn't leave a name I used your e-mail. Sorry. :D I'm glad you like the story. The best you've ever read? I'm honored! XD
 
B-chan77: The evil giggling controls you! Don't fight it! Embrace the giggling! BUAHAHA!!
 
Anime-Godess-Sakura: Awww! I got you hooked? SWEET!! If I got you interested in something by writing about it my job as an author is fulfilled. :o)
 
aznengel: …I don't…hurry…so well. Heh heh -sweatdrop-
 
Kagorin: Awww. You're so good to me. :D
 
ThePirateMonkies: Do you …want it to be you? o.O
 
katsie2: No need to beg. I wouldn't leave my fans hanging…for too long. XD
 
angeleyes34: Okie-dokie! :o)
 
kuramazlilsis: BUAHAHAHAHA!! **joins in**
 
Chisakami Saiyuki: You're eagerly awaiting? No one's eagerly awaited before! YAY!
 
Meiko M: -blush- Thank you! :o) Oh, and I liked you're long review. Review a long one again next time please? :D
 
LivingImpared: Happy belated birthday! I hope you got lots of cake and presents! :o)
 
KitsuneKit: Why, thank you! :D
 
heartluv: I, too, am shocked. I was very disappointed in them. Tsk tsk. :o)
 
Kag-Kitsune(XsarahX): It takes me a while…'cause I'm lazy. Sorry I don't have a better excuse. XD
 
animegirl007: Thank you! I crave more too, I just can't write it! XD
 
grdiang3l: YARGH! NOT THE FACE!!
 
white artemis: I have a confession to make. Though I try very hard to make them in character there are times where even I can't get it just right. -sigh- I'm so sorry. Let's just say her shyness will be compensated in this chappie. :o)
 
Cristina Gomez: …I have let you down. I is sorry. ;-;
 
Yuugiamethyst: o.O You…overwhelm me. If you wanna see Hiei I suggest you look at my HxB story. Though I must warn you that I update that one much less than this one. :o)
 
 
 
The Love of a Kitsune
 
Chapter 14: Heart's Musings
 
 
A glimpse of wide, pink eyes; a swish of blue hair, then she was gone. Kurama sighed with disappointment. How was it that a 500-year-old fox-demon thief couldn't catch a ferry girl? Even if the ferry girl had newfound demon abilities it should be easy, but it seemed that if Botan didn't want to be found, she wouldn't be. She had been avoiding him all week, ever since the cafeteria `incident'. Kurama didn't like it, not at all.
 
He didn't even see her in the mornings anymore. She woke up much earlier than him nowadays and rode to and from school on her oar, which she was not supposed to have. He sighed, walking from biology. In class was the closest he could get to her and it wasn't enough. He cursed the fangirls and their interference in his life. If they hadn't been bugging him at lunch that day Botan wouldn't have tried to help him with that dating ploy and ended up kissing him. Not that he regretted it, far from it, but it was painfully obvious that she did. Why else was she going to such great pains to hide from him?
 
Well, he'd have a chance to straighten things out tonight. The week had passed, slowly but surely, and it was Friday at last. Kurama would be able to talk to her when they went to the party. If he couldn't have her as a mate then he could try to be content with repairing their friendship.
 
`Heh. Who am I kidding? I'd never be satisfied with that,' he thought, then shook his head, `but I suppose I'll have to be.'
 
He finished this train of thought and continued down the hallway to sixth period, a melancholy cloud hovering over him.
 
-With Botan-
 
`Stop being so chilidish and cowardly, Botan,' the bluette mentally berated herself, `It was a cover up for something that wasn't there. The kiss meant nothing to him so stop making a big deal over it already! You're only making it hard on yourself.'
 
She was walking to keyboarding class, lost in her thoughts, pondering the week. She was avoiding him and she hated it. She loved him and wanted to be around him every minute of every day…but she was too cowardly and selfish. Or, at least, that's how she saw it. She couldn't bear to face him after the…kiss. They hadn't talked to each other about it the day it happened, probably still a little shocked, but she knew he'd ask about it eventually and she couldn't handle it. She wanted to pretend that he had wanted it as much as she did; she wanted to pretend that all they had said about their relationship was true; but most of all, she wanted him to love her with all his heart, just as she did him. That's why she was cowardly, that's why she was selfish. She wanted him, and yet she couldn't face him, couldn't tell him. She let out a dry sob.
 
Well, she'd have to face him tonight. The party was tonight and she had been promising herself that she would go to it, even if it meant giving up her deluded fantasies of a life with Kurama. She had to face him sometime, she had just foped it wouldn't come so soon. The week at passed at last. It had gone painfully slow yet agonizingly fast all at the same time. Heh. She was even confusing herself now. Botan sighed. The bluette was nearly at the classroom now.
 
`Good,' she thought, `maybe that'll get my mind off my troubles for a while.' She smiled sarcastically at herself. `Heh. And maybe Koenma will admit he wears diapers and watches Barney before his nap time.'
 
She was called from her thoughts by a whistle aimed at her direction. Botan glanced to her right and caught sight of the source, a tall, muscular, brunette boy in a football letterman jacket. He smirked in her direction and winked while his friends made a few crude gestures in her direction. She threw them a disgusted look and a glare Hiei would be proud of (accompanied by a rude gesture of her own) and walked into class. Everyone glanced in her direction for a moment then quickly looked away. Even simple ningens could feel the `give me a good reason not to kill you all right now' aura she was giving off.
 
As she took her seat a single thought fluttered through her mind.
 
`Two more periods; tonight's the night.'
 
-Later-
 
`Tonight's the night,' thought the kitsune as he got ready for the party, `Time for some heartbreaking…my heart…'
 
He walked out of his room and stood near Botan's door, knocking lightly. The door opened nearly instantly and out stepped an angel. At least Kurama thought it was an angel. A beautiful blue-haired angel, more beautiful than anything he could imagine.
 
 
[Heh. I know its short but I couldn't resist adding a cliffhanger. Can you blame me? …well…I guess you can. XD Review please. I'm updating the next chapter in a few minutes.]