Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ The one who cared ❯ whats left ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Ok so here it is the last chapter of my first fic ( WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH) I love this one to death but hey I gotta move on. Thank you for all the new reviews lately! I guess it’s better late then never. Ok well since this is the last chapter I am going to make it long cause that’s just how I roll. Thank you all for sticking with me through this story!


Oh ya I have brought back Hiei’s little iner voice again! Oh ya and Hiei and Samako will have a weird conversion in here as well so Hiei is just normal text and Samako is bold. Te he!!!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter ten~ You always cared



Hiei stared up at the ceiling as he awaited his sentence. Though he didn’t see the reason for actually meeting to decided it. Spirit world law clearly stated that a attack on a human meant life in prison, and what had he done? Attacked a ex spirit detective as well as her two kids. One of which is now in the hospital and under extreme care.

He closed his eyes and held back his anger and pain. Clutching all that he had left of her in his fist. His eyes shut tighter as he held off the tears.


Yes …..she was gone.


Gone dead had been for ten years yet only now could he actually morn her. Only now did it really set in that he was never going to see her again. He had nothing left to do, he had no choice. Before he had busied himself with missions. Fist the forlorn hope to bring her back. Then trying to get out of the clutches of spirit world to maybe try again , of course then he had his revenge attempt. All of it ,nothing but a distraction.

‘ I’m so sorry …….I just couldn’t do anything, I failed you.’

you loved her….

‘ I couldn’t…..’

but you did…’

‘ I can’t love her! I’m so beneath her! I…..’

but you still did…..’

‘ NO I …

then why did you cry for her…’

Hiei’s eye’s shot open at that . His fist tightened as he tired to block out the voice, but to no avail.
His eyes cracked open slightly before sitting up. He took a look around the room recognizing the ancient spells place on the walls. The entire room was covered in wards. But they weren’t needed, he didn’t want to escaped now.

In a way he welcomed the wards. Taunting him reminding him of how weak he was. How he wasn’t nearly enough for her , he couldn’t even save her.


‘ wasn’t even strong enough to avenge her. I’m a fool’

How could he not be? His blade was at the child’s throat; no one could of stopped him. He was right there. SO close! Then he stopped all because of a simple memory. Just a memory was enough to bring him on his knees.

but it was your memory of her….’

‘ WHAT GOD DAMN EXCUSE IS THAT!’

it was your first memory of her…

Hiei’s eyes clouded again before he brought his fist in front of his face and slowly opened it. He stared at the gem in front of him. It was as red as blood but almost deeper in a way.


His tear


His one and only tear.

He closed his fist yet again in frustration as he laid back down. Why ?! Why did this one woman have so much effect on him? Why was she able to bring him to tears with nothing but a small memory. Why did she make him feel like he had a home , like he belonged every time she smiled and now? Now she was able to bring him to this depression and deep pain.

‘why ?……’


Then he finally closed his eyes to rest for the first time since he arrived at the temple.

Dream world( I couldn’t think of anything better ok!!)

‘ it’s so cold and dark, I can’t move. Is … is this hell?’

‘ if it was then I would be rather disappointed, wouldn’t you?”

‘ Samako……how… I’

shhhhhhhhhh I know just rest.’

The area around him started to warm up and he could feel his head resting on something warm. Then slowly he stared to feel a gentle hand petting his hair’

He snuggled closer to the body near him. How was this even possible?

‘ Samako I …. I’m so sorry I didn’t….’

what the hell are you sorry for!

‘ I didn’t protect you when…’

Protect me? Didn’t you always tell me it’s a kill or be killed world!’

‘ yes but..’

If it’s any ones fault it’s my own that’s for damn sure! Couldn’t even beat that damn bitch.’

‘ Your different ….I’

‘ How am I different , I was week!

‘ NO YOU WEREN”T I SHOULD’VE

‘ I’m the one to blame why am I so different!?’

‘BECAUSE ! BECAUSE YOU CARED!’ Hiei turned in her lap and wrapped his arms around her stomach, burying his face in her lap.

‘ YOUR WERE ALWAYS THERE WHEN I CALLED FOR YOU!!! ALWAYS THERE WHEN I NEEDED YOU YET I….I couldn’t even save you!’

Hiei ….. I , sigh, I just ,I’m sorry!’

‘ Why the hell are you apologizing!?”

“ because! If I would of just been stronger then you wouldn’t have gone after that bitch , and you wouldn’t be in this whole god damn mess!’


‘ Samako….’


‘ And you wouldn’t of tried to kill yourself.”

Hiei’s eyes widened at that. How could he explain that he was just to weak. That he didn’t want to go on with out her. That he didn’t have anything else.!

‘ that was foolish. Samako stop …. Stop crying…. GOD DAMN IT I SAID STOP!’

‘ WHAT! CAN’T I BE SAD THAT YOU TRIED TO KILL YOUR SELF! THAT YOU FOUND YOUR SELF SO WOTHLESS! THAT YOU COULDN’T SEE HOW GOD DAMN WONDERFUL YOU ARE!’

‘ I’m not wonder…’

‘ BULL SHIT TO ME YOU ARE!’ ‘ TO ME YOUR PERFECT!…..just perfect.

‘Samako….’

̵ 6; and don’t you ever say I don’t care about you!’

‘ hehe…..hehehe… HAHAHAHAHAHAH’

‘ WHATS SO DAMN FUNNY!’
‘ nothing it’s just I’ve heard that about five times over the last couple of days and only now am I actually listening.’

Samako could only smile as she continued to pet his hair.

‘ Hiei you have to wake up now.’

‘ I know.’

see you soon.’

‘ not really.’

‘ you’d be surprised.’

Hiei smiled up at his friend before reluctantly closing his eyes. The warmth slowly faded away as Hiei drifted out of him dream.

Real world ( again sorry for the lame naming.)


Hiei opened his eyes to find the whole group staring back at him. He sighed closing his eyes. All he wanted to do was to go back to sleep for some reason he was extremely comfortable.


He opened his eyes again not bothering to get up. He stared at they all blankly. Yusuke , Kurama, Kuwabara, Kowenma , Genkai , Shizuru, Keiko, and Yukina all stared back at him. They were all tense, probably trying to gauge if he was going to attack or not. It was Kurama who finally broke the silence.

“ how are you feeling?”

“ hn cut to the chase! What’s going to happen to me.” Hiei hated pussy footing around.

“ Well that depends are you going to attack us again?” Yusuke asked crossing his arms. Hiei sighed , of course he wasn’t going to attack them! Hell with all of these wards he wouldn’t have a …. well that was peculiar all of the ward on the back wall were taken off.

“ No.”

Yusuke and Kurama smiled at him and finally the entire group relaxed some what.

“ now what’s going to happen to me?” Yusuke and Kurama just looked at each other with huge smiles on their faces. Hiei frowned , what the hell was wrong with them!

“ Well actually nothing.”


“ What the hell are you talking about?”

“ Kowenma.”

“ ehem well Hiei when my father heard of the dragon demon that you had transformed into he immediately dropped all charges against you. Apparently that form you took only appears every thousand years by a dragon master and on top of that you transformed into a dragon of darkness. Something no one had done before I can assure you. You have now completely surpassed S class demons all together and are to powerful and valuable to just lock in a cell. So you have been cleared of all charges of course there is a ketch.”


“ hn what.”

“ You have to remain as a spirit detective.”

Hiei rolled his eyes. For crying out loud he almost kills the entire spirit detective team as well as a former detective and her to kids and what does he get. A fuckin get out of jail free card!

“ And what exactly makes Enema think I will agree to this?”

“ Well we have found a way to control you.”

“ And what would that be?” he turned to Yusuke and Kurama who were trying to contain laughter.

“ What!”

“ Hiei come on you haven’t moved this entire time!” the black haired teen said after chuckles. Hiei frowned, so what if he hadn’t moved he was comfortable. Kurama could only smile at his friends confused face.

“ Hiei look up.” The fire demon frowned but did as he was told.


His eyes shot open wide as he realized exactly what was making him so comfortable. It wasn’t possible yet it was. The black long silky hair and sun kissed skin. With the two midnight eyes staring down at him. But it was the smile that guaranteed the identity of the person who’s lap he was currently lying in. Warm yet mischievous and so forgiving.


“ Samako!”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


HAHA CLIFF HANGER hey but guess what I’m writing the Epilogue as well to wrap up all these loose ends. I’m thinking about writing a second fic that continues off of this one , Because apparently over 1000 people have now viewed my fic which is Awesome, but we’ll see how that goes.

In the next chapter you will learn more about who exactly Samako is and why she is alive and all that fun stuff. So I’ll up date really soon to get this fic over and done with! I love it to death but boy writing it is really a pain when I have writers block! Tata for now!