Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ The one who cared ❯ The Irony of somthing good ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Hiei just sat stood behind the wall listening to her laugh. That sound alone comforted him of her safety, just listening to the sound of his sister’s laugh, even if it was from behind the door. He couldn’t help but smile him self as he listened to Yukina’s bubbly voice. He was glad she was happy, that she belonged here. He sighed knowing her couldn’t hide behind the corner forever and quietly walked away. She was safe and happy and as far as he was concerned it was going to stay that way. Spirit world couldn’t lay a hand on her not while he was around.
He saw this as a fact yet still he clenched his fist as he thought about the events that had only occurred a half an hour ago. He suddenly diverted off his path realizing that he might need a little more then his own strength to protect his sister. A little back up never hurt anyone and the perfect back up was influence. Unfortunately for spirit world the one woman with the most influence in all of the three worlds was his current employer. Within a few minuets he was out side His Lords room and politely knocked, waiting to be allowed to enter. Mukuro smiled sensing her heir’s presence out side her room.
“Come in.”
Hiei slid open the door and then quickly closed it before sitting.
“I need your help on something.” He asked with out faltering.
“Oh and what would be so grave that my heir would be little his pride by asking for my assistance.”
Hiei smiled at that. It was odd. Yes a couple of years ago any time he came to Mukuro for help he dreaded the meeting. She was his last resort and last resort only but these last few years that began to change. It was just so much more comfortable around her, especially after the demon world tournament.
“They threatened Yukina.” Mukuro looked up at that and nodded for Hiei to continue.
“I knew Samako wouldn’t just agree to keep me from acting out against spirit world in exchange for my life. She is just too damn smart for that, so I got her to tell me was the real deal was. They wanted my participation as spirit detective for Yukina’s safety any slip ups on my half and she would suffer.” Again his fists tighten and he started to glare at the floor.
“Well it seems spirit world is getting desperate, very interesting.” He looked at her oddly. His sister was in danger and all she could think of was a power play! He opened his mouth to speak again only to stop as she started to speak.
“This will work quite nicely, this information is highly valuable, and we can use this to our advantage.” Hiei’s mouth just sat a gap. She was joking right she had to be.
“Mukuro….”
“Hiei I want you to tell Kiren I don’t want any one on Yomi’s side to know about how week Spirit World has become.”
“Of course but…”
“And I want the reassurance of Yusuke as well as Kurama that they will not be spreading any rumors…”
“Mukuro…”
“Oh yes and we might want to notify this Leader of this as well, but I don’t know exactly how trust worthy he really is…”
“Mother!” Hiei’s voice cracked slightly desperation to get heard. He knew that getting control of demon world was important, but for Hell’s sake this was his sister.
Mukuro stopped talking once she heard the affectionate term. No it wasn’t the first time Hiei called her that but still it wasn’t so common among them. A small smile graced her lips, she had known, after only a month, how far he could go. How strong he could become. But looking back she didn’t know how much of a son he would be. Yet here they were all these years later.
A childless mother and a mother less son finally finding the one piece they had both been missing. So now she simply stood a little shocked at his distrust on such a simple matter, but then again when regarding his sister Hiei never did think strait. She glided across the floor to where Hiei was sitting and gave him a warm smile. He looked at her oddly trying to figure out what his adoptive mother was going to do next. She just brushed his bangs out of his face.
“I already ordered guards around this temple to keep a close eye on her. No one will harm her Hiei that I promise you.” Hiei just sighed and nodded to content to do much more. The bandaged woman just looked back at her work a clear sign that this was settled. Hiei let a smirk grace his lips as he realized everything he wanted was here. Everyone he cared for was safe.

***

The wind felt good against her hair as she stared at the sun setting beyond the beach. Yes there was no sent of blood or howls of pain as the night drew near, but she would take what she would get. Samako eyes shined as the light was slowly extinguished by the night. Sunset would always be her favorite time of day.
“The light may shine as bright as it may wish, but it will always cast a shadow. Darkness always has its’ place.”

“Quite the poet I see.”
The fire demon turned and looked down from her perch to see the red headed fox. His smile warm his eyes inviting yet still her guard was up. These human friends of Hiei’s, there was something off about them. Sure they smelled human looked it too but she wasn’t a member of the black scorn group for nothing. No there was something in there souls. Something twisted something that reeked of demon. This human before her was proof enough.
While he also looked at ease she could tell he was looking at her with the same judgment she was looking at him with. Studying her already trying a find a weakness just in case he would need it later. That alone set her off. No human’s eyes were like that. None of them knew how to seem calm, collected, and yet still be ready to kill in an instant. That only came from hundreds of years of living. She smiled back warmly but more at her own thoughts then at seeing the red head.
“A poet, hmm well never saw myself as one But I do have to say Irony is one of my favorite things.”
Kurama blinked at this response. She had been cold to him for most the time she had been here. The sudden change in personality, something was off. This girl had sensed the difference in their energies the minuet she had walked through the door. But there was something more to her something deep and dark. Destructive was probably the best word to describe it.
“Irony you say?” The girl nodded staring at the sunset once again.
“The entire human race is ironic. They fight so hard to stay alive, boast their strength and kindness at the same time. Killing each other while trying to heal one another at the same time and its all over such little things, they’re pathetic really.”
“And demons don’t fight for pointless ventures?”
She turned back to him stare blank yet understanding.
“Well yes but they do it for selfish greed and they don’t hide that fact either, that’s why demons are superior they don’t hide behind fake kindness and smiles. You want something you take it simple as that. Youko Kurama was proof of that.”
Said fox looked up in mild interest at reference to his previous life. Now the question was, was this attempt at digging for information or was she truly clueless to his identity. He was doubtful that the later was true.
“Youko Kurama, A skilled thief I believe.”
“More like a perverted ass.” Well that was unexpected.
“Well I haven’t heard that side of the legend.”
“Most haven’t but it seems he was quite the sex addict. He was constantly charming the ladies, presenting them with his stolen jewels, nothing but a regulation player if you ask me,” Kurama was doing everything in his power not to let the Youko inside him gloat of his escapades while also trying to contain his own laughter. Yes this was not where he thought this was going, not at all.
“But player or not he got what he wanted, did anything to get it plain and simple. He was a true demon,” and then she paused for a moment to again take in the remaining rays dusk had to offer.
“If only humans would just relies their potential, I feel bad for them,” And again the red head was shocked at the sudden turn in the conversation.
“ So your saying then that striving for good is near impossible because we all have ulterior motives,” The thought was some how pleasing to him as well but just like the girl that thought held a certain destructive quality.
“So then there just isn’t any hope kind of a sad future wouldn’t you agree?” The girl shook her head as if he was some small child that doesn’t understand.
“Hope it’s only what you want it to be. People are so focused on their light that they don’t rely that hope can exist in the dark as well. They don’t relies that the light is sometimes the thing you want to run from.” His eyes studied her carefully now, they weren’t talking just about philosophy any more but as to what her words actually meant he had no clue.
“You’ll understand soon enough fox,” And with that she disappeared in black flames just as the final glimmer of light faded.
He stood there for a moment in shock before coming to his senses. So she had known who he was. Whither Hiei had told her or by figuring it out for her self he didn’t know but that whole time she had known. And it was true she knew a little more then others, but it was her words. The more he went over them in his head the more he relised, that it was a warning.
***

“So you’ve talked to the Yoko?”
“Yes I only revealed as much as you requested but I don’t see why his assist is necessary.” The mans laughter echoed through the room at his assassins’ statement.
“You will see soon enough child. He is an important piece of this puzzle we are creating.”
“You know how impatient I can be.”
“Yes but give it time I have given you everything so far that you wanted correct.”
“Yes but I worry about the emiko if he figures this out …”
“He wont don’t worry child.”
“With all do respect sir. You don’t know his temper and how well he knew the girl he will ketch it eventually he always did in the past.”
“The fake is to genuine as long as you stay a good enough distance away from him it will all go according to plan. Now go I tire of your complaining.”
“Yes sir…”

```````````````````````````

Hahaha yes I know you all don’t get it but you will soon enough a lovely twist oh and I am revising all the chapters before this one as well so if you don’t mind a little rereading and a little review would be much appreciated! Tata for now.