Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ The Past and the Heart ❯ Mission ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Yusuke went over to the television and put in a video. I walked over to Kurama.

"Tell me I didn't come here to watch a video," I stated.

"If you want you can leave," Hiei interrupted as he looked over at the television.

I stayed to see if I was here just for a movie or something else. The screen came on and Koenma was on it. I slightly growled but no one noticed. Well no one but Hiei. He glanced over at me.

"If you don't relax your demon side might control your body," his thoughts raced through my mind.

"You have telekinetic powers too?" I asked him in his mind.

He nodded slightly and then looked back at the television. I looked back also.

"You have a mission. It seems that demons from parts of Makai are escaping into the living world. We don't know how and that's where you guys come in. You have to find out how they are getting into the human world and stop them as soon as you can." That was Koenma.

"Well let's go then," Yusuke said heading towards the door.

"Wait what about the girl?" asked Kuwabara.

"The name is Aiko and I'm going," I stated as they walked past me.

"You're kidding right? You can't go you're a girl," Kuwabara stated surprised.

"Yeah and you're a pathetic human but you seem to still be going so I don't see why I can't," I replied.

I grabbed my bag and followed them out the door.

We headed towards the Makai cave entrance when Kuwabara asked a question.

"So can you protect yourself if we get into a battle or something how are you going to defend yourself?"

"Listen I'll protect my own life and you protect yours. I die so what, you die I keep going," I stated walking.

"He's got a point Aiko how are you going to protect yourself?" asked Yusuke.

I stopped and looked at them.

"You want to know if I'm a fighter fine."

I placed my bag on the ground and grabbed something from it. It was one of my inventions called a dress sphere. I had a different dress sphere for a different battle. Each one contained its own ability, strengths, and weaknesses.

"What are you going to throw it at them or something?" Kuwabara asked looking at it.

I walked out in front of them and held it above my head with my eyes closed. I pressed a small button on top of it and then pulled off my cloak only to be engulfed by light. When I emerged from the light I was wearing new clothes. They were still blue but I had on short shorts and a top that was covered by and extra piece of cloth so that no one would see it but you can still see the straps. The cloth drifted to my mid section that was covered by four straps-two vertical and two horizontal. I had on leggings that went to the end of my shorts and wore boots over that. I also had on gloves that went up to the piece of cloth on my top. A sword then rose from the ground and I grabbed it. It was a regular sword but contained powers unknown to my opponent until we fought.

"This is called a dress sphere," I stated putting the sword in the ground.

"Nice but we are here to fight, not dress up," Yusuke stated.

Without warning I pulled up my sword and pointed it at him. It was at the tip of his nose and if I were to move forward just one step he would die.

"This is my warrior dress sphere. It allows me to use the sword as my weapon of chose. I've practiced swordsmanship for some time so I know what I'm doing," I stated drawing back my sword.

"It also contains powers that are unknown. That is until I attack with it. No one lives to tell about it though," I stated sheathing it.

"Well it looks like you have help Hiei," stated Kurama looking at Hiei.

I stared back at him as he just looked off to the side. I didn't notice before but he had a sword of his own at his waist.

"Hn," I said and looked forwards.

"This is the entrance?" I asked looking at the cave.

Guards come up.

"Hey!" they shouted and ran towards us.

I was about to draw out my sword when Hiei stopped me.

"That won't be necessary," he stated looking forwards.

I eased up and watched him walk towards them.

"They have promotion from Koenma to come to here," he stated to them.

They nodded and let us pass.

"So why did you have to speak to them?" I asked walking forwards next to Hiei.

"Because I work here," he replied plainly.

I didn't say anything else until we came out to an opening. It was a field in Makai. It was a field that I remembered from my past while living with my parents here. My eyes widened as I looked around it. I gasped.

"Hey what's up?" Yusuke asked.

"This is the place," I muttered.

Without warning I ran off.

"Aiko," Kurama was about to run after me but Hiei stopped him.

"Let's see what she remembers," he said looking at the direction form which I ran off to.

I ran through the woods passing trees and bushes till I got to a path. I jumped on the path and ran towards it.

"This is the place where…"

So what happened in this area of Makai? This is it folks Aiko's horrible past is going to be revealed in the next chapter of The Past and the Heart.