Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ The Past and the Heart ❯ Alone ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"Found it," I stated uncovering a hole big enough for a small demon to get through.

The hole was in the woods under a bush. No wonder no one found it. Hiei appeared next to me.

"So then how should we close it," he asked.

I glanced around and noticed a rock big enough to cover it.

"We'll use that," I said turning to face the rock.

"And how do you suggest we get it to here?" he asked.

I concentrated on the rock with all my telekinetic powers. My hair flew up and my cloak rustled. The leaves, twigs, pebbles, and dirt stirred as my powers grew stronger. Just then the rock shot into the air and landed on the hole. I calmed down as Hiei stared at me in amazement. Glancing over at him I could see he was impressed by my powers. Just then I fell forwards. Hiei caught me in his arms and lowered me to the ground kneeling as he knelt with me.

"You aren't strong enough to let out that much energy of your power," Hiei stated softly, almost lovingly.

I suddenly felt my heart sink as if I was warming up to him.

"What's going on?" I thought, "Could I really be…"

My eyes widen as I tried to stand and step away from Hiei to sort out my thoughts. I could hardly stand as Hiei stood me up properly.

"Could I really be falling in love?" I thought.

Gray clouds rolled in as Hiei and I stood there. I was in his arms and he was holding me put. I light drizzle came down lightly and then got heavier.

"We better find some shelter for now," he said picking me up.

"I can walk, I'm fine," I said looking at him.

"Trust me I can sense your energy and you are extremely weak right now. Besides it would be faster for me to find some place," he said and ran off.

Everything was a blur as I looked at the trees that passed by. It seemed that Hiei's speed was faster then I had anticipated, but why didn't he use this speed in the battle? We searched for any type of shelter but couldn't find any. Hiei then stopped in a tree and looked around of a second.

"Do you know any nearby shelters?" Hiei asked me as he looked around.

I closed my eyes and concentrated on a shelter.

"Yeah there should be a cave nearby. About several yards maybe," I stated opening my eyes feeling weaker then before.

My body felt dead as I lifted my head. I couldn't support it though. My head fell back as I slowly opened my eyes. Hiei knelt down on the tree branch and then propped my head on his chest. I heard his heart beat as he ran to the cave soaking wet. My eyes were almost closed but I managed to keep them open. Glancing up I saw his face. He looked so kind and gentle from this view as the rain lightly pounded his face. Abruptly he glanced down and noticed me looking at him. I then quickly looked off to the side, blushing.

We soon came to a cave and went inside. Hiei placed me on the floor as I sat there with water dripping off of me. I dug threw my bag for a while and took out some school papers. They were dry still and now all I needed was something to start a fire. I looked around the cave but I didn't see anything.

Hiei then walked up to me and grabbed some papers. He placed them on the ground in front of me and then suddenly set the papers on fire. I looked up at him and he looked back.

"You're a fire apparition right?" I asked warming up by the fire now.

Hiei glanced back at me, and sat across from me by the fire.

"What's your point?" he asked also warming up by the fire.

"It's odd that you are also part ice apparition also," I stated throwing some math papers into the fire.

Hiei jerked his head up at me. He then walked towards me and knelt in front of me staring at me in the eyes.

"How do you know I am half ice apparition?" Hiei asked.

"I could smell two different bloods flowing through your body," I stated.

He stared at me for awhile but I didn't look back. I stayed as warm as I could by the fire but it didn't work because of my wet clothes. I stood, took off my cloak and walked towards the cave entrance. I leaned against the stone and watched the rain fall to the ground. I was still cold because of the dress sphere but the rain helped calm me down and forget what was happening.

"What are you doing?" Hiei asked throwing more papers in the fire.

"Nothing."

He got up and stood next to me.

"It seems that we might be stuck here for a while," he stated.

I sat on the ground, picked up a near by twig, and started drawing in the ground. I then started humming a tune I remember hearing before. I didn't know I was humming though it just happened. Hiei glanced over at me.

"Why are you humming?" he asked.

"I have nothing better to do. Besides it just happens," I stated still drawing on the ground.

He sat next to me.

"Kurama told me you sing," he stated not looking at me.

"Well then I guess a certain fox is going to lose his voice box," I stated still drawing.

He chuckled.

"Want to hear one?" I asked putting down the twig.

"Why are you asking?" Hiei asked me.

"Got nothing better to do so why not," I stated.

Hiei didn't do anything or say anything so I took that as a yes. I hummed for the introduction. It was a song I've heard before but didn't remember the name of (Rather be in Love by Michelle Branch)

<br><i>

"I cannot help,

Couldn't stop if it tried

The same old heartbeat fills the

Emptiness I have inside

And I've heard that you can't fight love,

So I won't complain,

`Cause why would I stop the fire that

Keeps me going on?

`Cause when there's you, I feel whole,

And there's no better feeling in the world

But without you I'm alone

And I'd rather be in love with you."

I started to close my eyes now and moved my hands making it look like I was playing a guitar.

"Turn out the lights now,

To see is to believe

I just want you near me

I just want you here with me

And I'd give up every thing only for you

It's the least that I could do

`Cause why would I stop the fire that

Keeps me going on?

`Cause when there's you, I feel whole,

And there's no better feeling in the world

But without you I'm alone

And I'd rather be in love with you.

And I feel you holding me.

Why are we afraid to be in love?

To be loved

I can't explain I know it's tough

To be loved.

And I feel you holding me."

I continued playing the "air guitar" but humming the melody of the song.

"Oh, oh

And when there's you, I feel whole,

And there's no better feeling in the world

But without you I'm alone

And I'd rather be in love

Yes, I'd rather be in love

Oh, I'd rather be in love with you,

And I feel you holding me, oh."

</br></i>

I continued humming to the end of the song. It had gotten colder as nightfall approached and I shivered. Just then I felt someone grab me. I was startled because I didn't know who it was and it was so sudden but comforted to know that Hiei and I were the only ones in the cave. Hiei put me in his lap as he stroked my hair. His embrace was warm and comforting. He settled his head on top of mine and spoke.

"Are you cold?" he asked locking his arms around me gently.

I nodded.

He continued to hug me and slightly rocked his body. I couldn't do anything because a part of me wanted this. Hiei slowly moved next to my ear and whispered.

"I'm sorry that I killed your parents but can you some how put that behind you?" he asked gently still stroking my hair gently while pressing his cheek against mine.

There was silence for a while.

"Hiei, I'm not sure about what I can do," I replied.

"Why?" he asked almost hurt from my words.

"Because you killed my parents but I think I love you."

It seems that sparks are flying now! Aiko just said the three magic words to Hiei but what will happen. Will Aiko love him or will she never forgive Hiei about killing her parents? For some people I made this way to obvious but then again I can throw in some twists and turns. Well read the next part of the story to find out what happens!!