Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ The Past and the Heart ❯ Fight ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I spun around and punched Hiei across the face. Everyone gasped as he fell to the floor and I stood there with my head down.

"Hey Aiko what was that for? I mean I hate him more then the next person but…."

I didn't let Kuwabara finish.

"That was for slaughtering my parents," I said while gritting my teeth.

They all looked at Hiei who was standing up now.

"What are you talking about?" he stated looking at me.

Tears fell from my eyes.

"You killed my parents."

I stood in a stance know at the battoujutsu stance. My hand hovered over the handle as I placed my foot forwards.

"And now I shall send you to hell."

I rushed over to Hiei and quickly drew out my sword when I was in front of him. He was able to move out of the way in time to not get a flesh cut but I was still able to cut a small scratch in to his skin. We stood there in our spots after that attack for a while. Hiei stared at me with cold eyes as I stared back in anger.

"Tell me, how do you remember?" Hiei questioned.

"When my parents died I hunted for that name the man stated. All I ever thought about was finding a person with red eyes named Hiei."
Hiei looked at me oddly.

"Red eyes?"

I nodded.

"It was the eyes that made me remember you best. The red eyes that stared down at me when I was younger, the red eyes that slaughtered my parents in front of me, they were the eyes that haunted me. I remember everything about those eyes, clam but then suddenly changed to murderous. I wanted to kill more and more each day, but I seemed to have forgotten when I saw you at Yusuke's house."

"Why is that?"

"Because you were so peacefully."

I attacked again with more force. He also drew out his sword and defended himself. The others stared at the battle between us amazed.

I was able to tire him out and he knelt on the floor with his sword holding him so he wouldn't fall on the ground. I pointed my sword at him. He stared at me. I lowered my head pointing to the ground.

"Die," I muttered as I pulled my sword back.

It was about to be over. He would be dead and I would have avenged my parent's death, but something stopped me.

"Stop!" shouted a voice.

I suddenly stopped and opened my eyes wide. I thought maybe I was the only one how heard it or the others just didn't want to react towards it. I lowered my sword and looked up. I knew that voice.

"Mother?" I gasped.

The door behind us suddenly flew open as a cold wind rushed inside the house. Everyone covered their face as dirt and leaves blew into the house. I stood there not moving an inch not even to cover my face. The leaves and dirt soon turned to petals. I gasped when I saw the color of the petals. The petals are yellow and gray like the ones from the flowers. The wind stopped and soon a fading image of a man and woman appeared one the blood spot of the floor. I looked at them.

"Mother, father?" I asked as tears fell from my eyes.

They both smiled and nodded. The woman came up and hugged me gently. I hugged back but went right throw. My father looked off to the side frowning.

"Aiko don't kill him," my mother stated.

I spun and looked at her.

"But he killed you. He should die for the deeds he has done in the past. I swore I would kill him also and tend to keep it," I said angrily.

My father walked next to her and stared back at me.

"Aiko, remember one must repent for the misdeeds they have done. If they don't then nothing will change but the black hole in their heart growing bigger," he stated looking at me, "If you were to kill him Aiko you might become him."

I stared at my father. He was right. If I were to kill Hiei I would become a revengeful killer. I never wanted to become anything like that.

I dropped my sword and looked down. Kurama and the others came up towards me as I fell to the ground in tears. Hiei also came up to me.

"Aiko, are you all right?" Kurama asked.

I looked up and noticed Hiei looking at me differently. He looked almost concerned about me. He looked different from this angle, almost human. I smiled. My parents smiled back at me. I stood and looked over at my father.

"Father, what did you mean when you said `the map's within me'?" I questioned.

He smiled happily.

"You still remember," he stated.

I nodded.

"I've searched everywhere in the normal spots where you would always hide things but I never found it," I stated.

He pointed at me head.

"Like I said it is within you."

He tapped into my powers and in my mind I saw the map. He then dropped his hand to his side and looked at me.

"Understand?" he questioned me.

I nodded amazed.

"Goodbye Aiko," they stated together.

I looked at them and nodded. I knew they didn't belong here in the living world but in the spirit world with the other ghosts and spirits. They disappeared once more from my life, this time leaving a gift. I looked down where they stood and saw the flowers I found. I held them in my hands as a tear fell on each of them. I was smiling though. I then chuckled to myself. The others looked at me.

"It's funny. This is the second time I ever cried and it is in the same spot," I stated.

The others looked at me in pity almost when I started walking towards the door.

"Well those demons aren't going to stop going to the human world," I stated to them.

"But we don't know where the holes are," stated Yusuke.

"But I do."

I closed my eyes and concentrated. There was the map again.

"There's one East by the lake and another one West in the woods near a bush," I stated and then opened my eyes.

"Ok then we'll leave in groups," Yusuke stated.

"Wait," I said walking over to Hiei.

I put my bag down and dug through it for a while till I took out a small bag. Out of it, I grabbed a bean and gave it to Hiei. He stared at it oddly.

"It will give you your strength back," I stated holding to in front of him.

He grabbed it and ate it. He then took a deep breath and his energy returned. He stood and sheathed his sword. Hiei looked at me.

"Thanks," he stated and walked past me.

Yusuke made a sly grin as he past me.

"Since there are only two places why don't we separate into two groups," Yusuke suggested.

Kurama smiled as well as Kuwabara started laughing.

"And I thought you couldn't look any uglier. Well I guess I was wrong about that," I said looking away from Kuwabara.

Yusuke laughed as I entered his mind.

"Oh yeah Hiei and Aiko will make a great couple," Yusuke thought.

"If you think I'm going to be pair up with him," I stated pointing at Hiei but looking at Yusuke, "you got another thing coming."

"Oh come on," he stated smiling and putting his arm around my shoulders, "you two are exactly a like. You two would be perfect partners."

I gave him an evil glare. He then backed off still smiling looking at me.

"Not that way but for this mission at least, you and Hiei would be able to help each other."

Hiei glanced over at me but I hardly noticed.

"What in the world gives you that idea? Why would I want to help him?" I asked almost annoyed.

"Oh come on Aiko, you know you like him," Yusuke said jabbing me with his elbow.

I slightly blushed but still kept my cool.

"What are you talking about? Why would I fall for someone who slaughtered my parents?" I questioned.

Kurama chuckled.

"And what's so funny, fox?" I asked him annoyed.

"It's just funny how little things can change the future," he stated.

I stared at him oddly as Yusuke, Kuwabara, and Kurama were starting to leave.

"Hey wait you don't really expect me to stay here with him do you?" I asked.

"Well actually we thought that maybe you guys can get the one in the woods done quicker," Kuwabara stated.

"Hn, you don't even know where the lake is," stated Hiei.

"Yes but I do," replied Kurama.

I sighed and watched the others leave. I walked towards the door and Hiei stared at me.

"Where do you think you are going?" asked Hiei walking up to me.

"I'm going to find that opening and stop the demons from getting into the human world. If you want you can come," I said leaving.

Hiei followed and walked next to me.

So the mission starts, and now that Aiko has the map to find the openings it should make it a lot faster. What did Kurama mean though when he said little things can change the future? Will something more then anger spark on this mission? Find out soon!