Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ The Past Is The Past ❯ VideoGames & Sandwiches ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

The past is the past.

CHAPTER 1: Video games and Sandwiches

"Kagome!" Kagome's Mom yelled.

"KAGOME!!"

"OH sorry mom!" Kagome yelled as she rushed down stairs to meet a pair of angry eyes. Kagome's mom shook her head.

"Kagome, My friend and I are going on a work trip for a week. Her son is going to stay here, he's about your age."

"Okay. Do you want me to prepare the guest room?"

"If you wouldn't mind, she is going to pick me up any min. as she drops him off."

"Alright." Kagome mumble more stuff to herself as she climb the mini set of stairs and went into the guest room. She opened the blinds and shook the pillows while making sure he had access to more pillows or blankets that were in the closet.

The doorbell rang and a knock could be heard.

"Kagome, Souta, would you please come down here!"

"Coming!" they yelled in unison.

Kagome walked down stairs to meet the guests, at first she saw the woman. She was about average, but looked like she had too many drinks. Kagome shifted her body a bit under her mother's gaze.

"Kagome, this is my friend Atsuko, and her son Yusuke."

Kagome turned her gaze to see a boy in a green jump suit, with slick black hair, and the most gorgeous brown eyes, who was looking out at the window and terribly bored.

"Hey Yusuke." She said.

Yusuke brought his gaze to Kagome. She was wearing a school uniform that looked real good on her with her raven black hair and those Gray-blue eyes added. They had been friends for a while, but the adults always made introductions, Kagome's guessed that since they were little, they don't remember being friends… according to their moms. Kagome sighed. Moms will be moms.

"Well we will be leaving. See you in two weeks! Oh and Kagome if you do deicide to go visit your friends, make sure it isn't for long. Bye, love you." With that she closed the door.

"Bout time she left." Souta mumbled as he came downstairs,

"So Yusuke, you still play video games?" He asked. Yusuke was brought out of his thoughts and mumbled something unheard.

"Yeah kid. I'm the champ." He boasted. A smirk crept his face as he glanced to Kagome. She smiled in return.

"Really, you don't look like it." Souta shot back. Yusuke with a somewhat shocked face began grin and raise a brow. Kagome gave a long accusing "Oh".

"Let me show you then." Souta and Yusuke then ran upstairs.

"LET THE GAMES BEGIN!" Souta yelled.

Kagome sighed, "Guess I'll be taking care of two kids." She giggled at the thought of taking care of two little boys. She then sauntered to the kitchen start lunch.

"WHAT THE HELL, YOU CHEATED KID!" Yusuke hollered.

"NA UH!" Souta replied.

"FINE REMATCH THEN!"

Kagome began to burst out laughing when she heard that Yusuke lost to a kid aged about 10 years old. Souta never lost, the only time he every lost was because their grandfather put talismans all over the system, thinking a demon had possessed it while he was playing it.

"Souta, Yusuke lunch is ready!" Kagome called. Souta came downstairs laughing while Yusuke just came down shaking his head.

"So… who won?" Kagome asked. She gave a Yusuke a smile, she knew who had won.

"I did, I'M THE CHAMP!" Souta replied happily.

"Wow," Was all she could say before she handed him a sandwich.

"Thanks sis!" He grabbed the sandwich that Kagome had made and ran upstairs.

Yusuke slumped to the table.

"Your brother's good."

"Yeah, maybe at video games but he lacks in everything else." She gave a little giggle and grabbed the two sandwiches, placing one in front of him and one in front of her.