Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ The Past Is The Past ❯ He Returns and Kagome.. Meet the Gang. ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

CHAPTER 2: He Returns

All of a sudden Kagome felt energy coming from the well. Yusuke felt it too.

What the hell, a demon is here? Sounds like fun.He smiled at the thought of killing a demon.

Dammit, Inuyasha! Leave me alone! I'm not going back, you have your dead girlfriend and your wish!A worried glance crossed her face. Why is he here then?

Souta came rushing down stairs in a hurry and looking scared.

"KAGOME INUYASHA IS HERE!" he quickly dived under the table with Buyo knocking over a chair. Kagome ran grabbing her bow and arrows and rushed outside. Yusuke wondered what the hell she was doing and why the kid said Inuyasha, until he followed her.

When he stepped outside he saw Kagome on one side of the shrine while a silver haired demon decked out in red on the other. Kagome had her bow ready; her arrows notched.

"INUYASHA, WHAT DO YOU WANT?" She hollered.

What the hell! She knows a demon?Yusuke took a step back in shock and readied his spirit gun. The silver haired boy stood in a fighting stance.

"You have her soul AND NOW SHE WANTS IT BACK!"

Kagome gave a hurtful look. She then shot an arrow. It glowed a pink and barely missed Inuyasha. Inuyasha then moved to attack.

"IRON REAVER SOUL STEALER!" He attacked.

Kagome quickly put up a shield. She was enraged, full of anger; she boosted her shield with every ounce of anger growing. Ever sine Inuyasha began to act weird before she left she had been practicing putting up a miko shield with Kaede.

"KYAA!" she screamed and sent Inuyasha smashing into a tree.

Yusuke was shocked with awe. She was so powerful! Does Koenma know about her?

"DAMMIT!" Inuyasha screamed as he slowly came out of the tree. Kagome was furious; she notched another arrow and sent it towards Inuyasha. It hit him in the side of his chest.

"SHIT!" He screamed. He slowly pulled out the arrow cringing in pain, his hand bloody due to the purification.

He ran to the well house and jumped in the well. Knowing that he couldn't defeat her while she had arrows, he had to get her when she wasn't armed, alone.

Kagome slunk to the floor and began to sob. Her glistening tears faded away in the shadows of the shrine's floor and the wind giving an eerie but calming blow.

"Kagome…" She heard a whisper. Kagome turned to see Yusuke was there. His creamy brown eyes looking at her crystal blue-gray eyes.

"I guess I have some explaining to do, huh?" She smiled and wiped her tears.

Yusuke put an arm around her, slowly giving her a one armed hug. Silently she rose and walked inside with Yusuke by her side. Yusuke wanted to just burst and ask questions but from the look of her, they looked as if they could have been friends.

"KAGOME, IS HE GONE?" Souta yelled from under the table. He was trembling; by the way the table shook.

"Yeah Souta."

"Kagome do you know him? How did you sense a demon?" Yuske burned to ask questions. Souta slowly crept from under the table and gave his sister a death grip hug. Quickly he ran upstairs and began to play on his X-box once again relief flooding through him.

"Hmm, well it all started on my 15th birthday…" She told her tale. She left out very few gaps, she wanted to be truthful but not have him pity her.

"Gee, and I thought my job was weird." Oops, big mistake. Kagome gave a quizzical look. They plopped onto the couch.

"What do, you do?"

Yusuke sweat dropped realizing he gave out to much information.

"Well let me tell you my story. It started when I kind of died…" Kagome's eyes widened with every detail he spat out. She had known him since they were little. Yet they had rarely talked or hung out.

All of a sudden Yusuke's pants began to beep. His green pants shook viciously; slowly he dug his hand into his pocket and pulled out a communicator. He rose and on screen Boton could be seen.

"Yusuke! DID YOU FEEL THAT POWER? Koenma wants you here ASAP!" with that the screen when fuzzy and clicked off & a portal appeared. Yusuke slid the communicator back into his pocket and looked towards Kagome.

"Kagome, I'll be gone for a sec. Don't go anywhere, if he shows again flare your powers, trust me he wont hurt you. I'm not quite sure about him though." With that he gave her a smile that made her heart flip-flop. She gave a nod and he jumped into the portal. Slowly it closed leaving nothing but a pinch of smoke in the air.

"What now toddler?" Yusuke yawned as he appeared. He turned to see the young toddler yelling at and ogre who looked absolutely terrified of the younger child.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN WE HAVE NOTHING ON HER?" The tot fumed. He sighed and sent the ogre away who then ran scrambling out of the office.

"Yusuke, we have found a miko, she is the most powerful one that I have seen and the only one! Yet we have nothing on her, but I have a feeling I know her…" He pulled out a his remote and click it towards a screen, on the screen it showed a young girl with raven black hair, a smile that dazzled, and eyes that looked as if they were calm before a furious snowstorm.

"We need to find her." He turned his look towards Kurama and Hei, then Kuwabara and Yusuke.

"Doesn't she look a lot like that Priestess that died about 500 years ago?" Kurama asked Hei.

"Hn"

"Could she be Kikyo?" Kuwabara asked blankly.

"No…" Yusuke was whispered. He couldn't believe his eyes. They must be deceiving him! On the screen, one of his friends was his next mission!

"Do you know anything about her?" Kurama asked. He eyed Yusuke's movements in suspicion. "Yeah, she is my friend, her name is Kagome." He slowly let his voice trail. Koenma's mind gears gave a click. He knew who she was.

Yusuke's eyes widened and turned sharply. He felt a power flare.

"BOTON TAKE ME BACK TO THE SHRINE NOW!" Everyone went on high alert.

Boton appeared and everyone joined Yusuke as they went through the portal arriving to the scene to see a young girl fighting the newly healed demon. Kikyo healed him, and apparently he hadn't given up yet.

The demon locked onto his target, he went for the attack. The girl threw up a shield, just in time before the silvered hair demon struck her barrier. Smirking he knew she was weakening. Kagome then jumped back, putting a good distance between the two fighters. She had a huge gash on her right arm; if she hadn't put out the shield up any later she would have been dead. Slowly her shield began to flash, she was losing her miko energy, still tired from the last one that only happened about an hour or two ago.

"IRON REAVER SOUL STEALER!" Inuyasha lunged for the kill.

"DON'T THINK SO, SPIRITGUN!" An abnormal blast came from the left side of the shrine, knocking the demon onto the ground.

Silently Kagome raised her gaze to meet Yusuke's right next to her and along with the rest of the gang.

"You okay?"

She nodded in response and turned her view to the area where Inuyasha ought to lay.

"Dammit!" She hissed.

She sighed and looked towards the group of boys. Her eyes were in a cloud of wonder; the one dressed in black seemed to be demon and a powerful one. The one in red seemed to be part kitsune but human. Must be a kitsune spirit, Kagome thought. Next was a guy with orange hair that was dressed in blue, not the most attractive, but seems to be good-natured and had a strange power aura. And lastly there was a girl with blue hair and pretty pink eyes, she seemed to be the weirdest of them all, she had a death aura, but how? She looked so lively. Yusuke's gunna have to explain this, Kagome thought.

"Lets go inside, we need to talk." Yusuke whispered. Kagome nodded and allowed yusuke to guide her into the house while the boys followed in tow.

"Kagome, we have some questions for you. If you don't mind us asking." Kurama said, feeling as if though she had been through enough.

"No I don't mind. Seems like I got a lot of explaining to do anyway."

Kurama nodded and they entered the house. Kagome held her arm over the gash.

"Ugh let me change, I hate the smell of blood on my uniform." She slowly walked to the stairs.

"Kagome, I'm Boton, I can kind of heal a bit, if you want I can heal you. It is not a full healing process, but it closes the wound." Boton gave a smile and a cheerful giggle.

"Sure, please follow me."

The two girls walked up the stairs, giggling and smiling.

"Hei, do you sense that power? It comes from the well." Kurama spoke. It broke the silence between the two groups. Hei closed his eyes.

"Hn"

"So this is Kagome huh? She is hot!" Kuwabara said. He was looking at Kagome in a picture with a group of girls. They looked like they just came from the beach; all eating ice cream while kagome gave a younger girl a hug while grinning.

Upstairs….

"See all better!" Boton gave a slight pat on Kagome's arm and she smiled.

"Thank you" Boton nodded.

Slowly the miko rose and went to her closet to pick and outfit out. Boton took a seat on her bed and took her glance to the nightstand next to it. The cherry finished wood shimmered with the dance of the light from Kagome's lamp, but that's not what Boton's gaze went to. Boton's gaze went to the picture in the picture frame on it.

It was a picture of Kagome with Miroku, Sango, Shippo, and Inuyasha. Inuyasha was sitting in a tree behind the group looking into the distance, while Shippo was in Kagome's arms. Miroku with a HUGE red handprint on his face and Sango with her Boomerang hovering above his head, covered with a bright smile of triumph.

Kagome finally picked out an outfit and put it on. She was wearing short shorts and a Pink tank top with a low V cut.

"Kagome…"

"Yes Boton?" Kagome seemed kind of in a daze while straightening out her shirt.

"Who are these people?" Boton gazed at the old clothes in question. Where would they get such clothes? No store had those! They had to be about 500 years old, but… how?

Kagome took her gaze from her shirt to where Boton sat. Kagome gave a upsetting look but leisurely advanced towards the picture. She knew which one she was talking about and it was the only picture Inuyasha hadn't tried to kill the camera.

"Boton, those are my friends from the past. The one in my arms is Shippo, sort of my adopted son. The Boy on the ground with the huge handprint is Miroku; he is kind of a pervert, but a gentleman, confusing I know." She paused to give a giggle.

"The Girl above him, she is Sango my best friend. If you get on her bad side you'll meet her boomerang. Oh and she secretly has a thing for Miroku and vise versa." Kagome gave a giggle, which Boton joined in on.

"And the last one…" She choked a bit on his name

"Inuyasha." She said in a voice barely hearable at all. Her gaze brought to the floor.

"Kagome, I'm sorry, I didn't-"

"Boton, we better get downstairs the boys might be in trouble. Sota might ask them questions and that they may never here the end of." Happily Kagome spoke and turned to leave, walking silently out the door. Boton obediently followed confused by how she could change her mood so quickly.