Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ The Past Is The Past ❯ The Boss, arguments, and one hell of a roller coaster. ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

CHAPTER 4: The boss, arguments, and one hell of a roller coaster.

"Took you long enough." Yusuke Mumbled.

"Shut up, she looks good." Kuwabara brought his gaze from the picture to the real thing. Kagome turned red as a tomato.

I hope he isn't like Kouga. Thinking of Kouga, ugh, he makes me crazy! Her thoughts continued but were interrupted by Hiei's chuckling. Hiei had read her thoughts! Kagome squinted her eyes and gave Hiei a glare.

"I swear demon, if you tell my thoughts, I'll purify you!" Kagome frowned.

"What if I do? You ain't going to touch me, human."

Kurama raised an eyebrow.

`Hiei, be careful' Kurama spoke telepathically.

`Hn'

`I'm serious'

`Hn'

Kurama sighed.

"I'm sorry, He isn't very smart. Shorty over here just likes to get on peoples nerves." Kuwabara spoke. Only to be met by Hiei's kantana against his neck.

"Lighten up Hei." Yusuke gave a pat on his back and slowly gave a smile.

"Don't touch me." Hiei gave an accusing growl and released his kantana from the loud mouths neck.

"Eh hum. I have known clue who, these three are. So Yusuke could you enlighten me?"

"Oh yeah, sorry." He began to point to Kurama, to start off the names.

"The Red head is who we call Kurama. The dork over there that almost got killed is Kuwabaka. And you know Hei."

"Urameishi what did you just say?" Kuwabara wasn't exactly happy with the name.

"Didn't you hear me? Kuwabaka!"

"Why you-" Kuwabara lunged for Yusuke only to run into the wall and fell unconscious.

Kagome just burst out laughing. Yusuke looked at her and joined in too. Kurama just shook his head at his friend's stupidity. Hei gave a smirk with a quiet laugh.

"I am assuming they're part of the spirit detective team?" She asked Boton.

Boton gave a nod and clapped her hands together happily.

"Well I guess we should see the boss. Get some info on her and what not."

Everyone nodded except Kagome and Hiei who just gave is classic reply.

"Where am I going?" She gave Yusuke a glare that said, I-swear-if-you-don't-tell-me!

"To our pint sized boss, don't worry I'll be there." Yusuke replied. And with that Boton opened a portal and they all went in except Yusuke and Kagome.

"Eh…" She stuttered.

"It is okay." He placed his elbow on her shoulder, slightly leaning on her.

"I'm not scared, I'm just wondering what the he wants." With that she gave a dazzling smile and grabbed Yusuke's arm and dragged him in.

"So where's your boss?" Kagome looked towards the chair. When the chair spun around her eyes met a toddler and her heart lurched. It was Koenma a guy she met a long time ago, they were the best friends.

"K-Koenma?" She stuttered.

"Kagome, when I heard it was you I knew I had to get to you very fast…I mean what are best friends for?" He raised a brow. Kagome ran towards the ruler and put him in a tight hug.

"Anyway, what's this whole business about." Yusuke urged to pass the reunion. Koenma was touching his friend and some how he felt… protective.

"Yes well you know Kagome's story I presume?"

"Not really." Kurama replied, Kagome gave a small sigh.

"Well It all started on my 15thbirthday when I thought my cat Buyo was stuck in this well." She continued her story giving as much details with out her giving away everything.

"Well your job is to find Naraku." Koenma spoke in his teenage form.

"Yusuke, Kurama, Hei, and Kuwabara?" He questioned the last name, wondering where he was. Even if he just now noticed he hadn't been there the whole time.

"He is at Kagome's." Yusuke replied. Sensing he was wondering where that buffoon was.

"Tomorrow we will set out to the Feudal era at about 8 in the morning. Best to get an early start." Kurama replied.

Kagome's heart began to speed. I can see Shippo, I can see Sango, and I can see Miroku! I hope they are all right. What about Inuyasha? What about Kikyo? Inuyasha might kill me for that mound of dirt…

Kurama sensed her hesitation and hope turn for the worst.

"Kagome. He won't touch you." He added.

Kagome nodded. Slowly Boton made a portal sending Hei, Kurama, Yusuke, and Kagome to the shrine. Hei and Kurama left to literally drop Kuwabara at his house and then go on home.

The sun setting, Kagome made a phone call and pulled a few strings to get Sota to stay at a friend's house for about a week. Sota had packed a head of time, knowing his sister would leave.

"Kagome?" Sota spoke as he reached the top of the shrine stairs.

"Yes Sota?"

"Promise me…" His voice trailed and his head lowered.

"Promise you what?" Her heart tightened when she heard his sad voice to reply.

"That you'll come home. When father left I mean. He was never really there for me; I was only like 8 months. But I still missed him. I couldn't BARE LOSING YOU TOO!"

He lunged into her arms holding her so tight. Tears dripped from his face. Ever since his hero had tried to kill kagome, he was always protective and wondering, making sure she promised to come back.

"Sota. Shh, Shh, I won't leave you. I promise." She soothed.

"I'll be back. I always come back. Mom will be back soon too. We will be one happy family." Sota nodded and wiped the tears from his face as he ran down the shrine steps to his friend's car.

Later that night…

It was night and Kagome lay in bed. She couldn't sleep, she was thinking about the gang and Yusuke's friends.

Can they really help? Of course, Kurama and Hei are demons. Strong ones at that, I can sense it. Yusuke and Kuwabara are strong too, with spirit energy? Yeah that's what it is called, She thought.

Kagome sat up and placed her arms behind her head resting on the wall.

I wont let Inuyasha kill me. Now that I think about it, ever since Boton and I talked, plus hanging out with Yusuke, his name kind of is just a blow in the wind. Something you can hear but you don't want too hear it and don't really care, except when you have to see the person the name belongs to, She thought again.

Kagome's eyes turned shadowy.

Knock-Knock

"Come in Yusuke." The door slowly crept open to see Yusuke with his hair all messed up.

"Sorry to bug you." He paused to look at Kagome. He saw her eyes. He knew the pain.

"You didn't bug me, I can't sleep." She smiled inwardly at his hair. He looked cute with his hair like that all messed up but slightly pulled back.

"Me too, you want to talk?"

She gave a nod. Maybe he could help her out.

She took her arms and placed them by her side sitting criss-cross. She patted the bed motioning him to sit and have a nice chat. He sat on the corner of the bed criss-cross.

"I guess I am just a little weird-ed out by this. I mean I am happy, I get to see my friends but…" She brought her glance to the picture on her nightstand that lay face down. Yusuke grabbed the photo.

"I see. You know I too know what it is like to be -broken."

His lowered his gaze to the photo. How could he be so open to her and not anyone else? What is this… feeling?

"It is okay." Kagome put her hand to his chin slowly lifting it so their gazes met from afar.

"Just remember it is the past. Literally for me." They each gave a little snicker.

Silently her hand went to her side. His heart skipped a beat.

"So who was the girl who caressed your heart?" Suddenly his heart stopped, choking on whether or not to answer.

"You heard of Keiko in my story right?" Kagome nodded as he continued. He shifted his body, uncertain if to tell more, Could he trust her?

"She broke my heart, left me for her old boy. It seems she didn't trust me enough, due to my job and everything. I had to keep it a secret, but when I told her she went crazy and broke up with me. She said all this worrying was causing stress, so we just decided to stay friends. She promised to keep it a secret though."

He trusted Kagome, how could he not? They each know the feeling. They each know the pain and heart wrenching experiences to patch up. They each know what it is like to love, then to be shattered into oblivion.

"You truly loved her… I mean I use to love Inuyasha." Yusuke's eyes widened.

"A demon?"

"Yes, he was a half demon. We loved each other, well I did. Then she came, he still had feelings for her and it turned out the same for her. Inuyasha helped me find the jewel shards, most of them anyway. Him and Kikyo still had feelings for each other and decided to become a team and became mates. So I gave up on our love." She looked into his eyes. They seemed to have comfort, to have the same feeling.

"Kikyo then threatened me to leave, otherwise she would kill my friends. So I left."

"Well honestly, I'm glad you dumped him. I mean she is a pile of dirt and he is a dog, it is only natural." He gave a sly grin. Kagome gave a little playful push on his shoulder and a smile of amusement.

"Hey, WHOA!" Yusuke rocked backwards off the bed; Kagome reached her hand and grabbed his, falling with him to the carpeted floor.

"Oomph" They muffled. Yusuke lay on the floor with the young girl on top. His hot breath on her neck and cheek.

Yusuke opened his eyes to meet a pair of gray-blue ones staring at him in concern.

Their faces were inches from each other's. Kagome gave a deep blush and rolled off of him laying on her back on the floor next to him.

"Sorry about that." She said, turning her gaze to the flustered boy on the ground.

"Hey, don't worry about it. I kind of liked it." Yusuke gave a moment for his words to develop into his own brain, immediately after he progressed it he gave a smirk.

"I guess I'll be going. We have to get up early." He slowly pushed himself off the floor and helped her up.

"Yusuke, before you go." She stopped him just out side the doorway as he left.

"Yeah?" He turned to meet her delicate face.

Kagome gave him a kiss and a slight flush of embarrassment crept her face.

"Thank-you. It meant a lot to me to talk about that, Good night." She closed the door.

Yusuke stood in shock. She kissed me? Does this mean she likes me? Why the hell do I care? Unless, I like her too.

Yusuke touched where Kagome had kissed him. I think … I do.

Slowly he walked into the guest room and closed the door.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&am p;&

Please excuse my spelling. I do realize that it is indeed either incorrect or spelled totally wrong But just… go with the flow!