Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ The Past Is The Past ❯ The Beginning of an Adventure ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

CHAPTER 6: The Beginning of the adventure.

Kagome woke up to the birds chirping a little too loud. As she cursed the birds for being too darn loud she rose and crept to her closet.

"What to wear..." She mumbled to her self as she stretched her arms out.

"Mine as well wear the normal outfit." She took the uniform and fingered it with her fragile fingers; I will find you Sango, Miroku, Shippo… Inuyasha.

She slipped the outfit on and opened the door. She advanced down the hall towards were Yusuke slept. She knocked on the door.

Kagome heard a muffle and the door opened. There was Yusuke standing in his boxers rubbing his eyes, his abs showing.

Well doesn't he look fine! Kagome thought.

"Is it time already?" He yawned.

"Yes," She turned "You might want to get dressed and get ready." She walked down the hall and the stairs. Yusuke glanced down and realized he was only wearing his boxers and his abs wear showing. He noticed a light blush on her face. Guess she liked that, well I better get ready.He thought with a crafty grin.

When Yusuke came down stairs he saw Kurama, Kuwabara, and Kagome chatting, Hei stood in the corner listening.

"Well Breakfast is ready." She said happily. She brought them to the table to eat a buffet fit for plenty. The buffet's smell was entrancing; the smell of eggs, ham, toast, pancakes, bacon and many other delicious things filled their noses.

"Well you sure went out of your way Kagome, it looks divine." Kurama spoke. Kagome gave a blush at the comment, how could she not. She rarely got comments except when Kouga and Miroku were around.

"Why so much?" Kurama asked.

Kagome gave a chuckle and pointed to Yusuke and Kuwabara. The boys were stuffing their faces full, eggs and jam stuck to their faces. Kurama shook his head and began to eat & Hei gave a snort.

"Kagome aren't you going to eat?" Kuwabara asked. Kagome wasn't acting normal, according to them. Kagome's gaze was at the floor, lacing her uniform between her fingers; memories of past journeys filled her head.

"Oh I'm sorry, what was that?" Her dazed eyes brought up to the concerned group.

"Aren't you going to eat?" He asked again.

"Oh I already ate, knowing you all would probably eat a huge breakfast." She lied, but covered it with a smile.

The group gave a shrug and began to finish their food. Yusuke looked at her worried. He knew she was lying, but why? Hiei gazed at her as she picked up the empty dishes and glided to the kitchen to clean them. He followed her, eyeing her movements.

"Hei…" She spoke.

"Hn"

"I'm fine. Please enjoy some food." She washed the dishes.

"I don't need to eat right now." He glared. "Why did you lie?"

"I didn't." She lied again.

"Don't lie, tell me."

"Since when did you become more open?"

"Hn."

"Thought so." She gave a smirk of triumph.

With that Hei left the young miko to do the dishes. Kurama came in shortly and helped her out. Kagome wiped her hands on the towel and handed it to Kurama.

"I'm going to go grab my bag and then we can leave, is that alright?" She walked up stairs when she felt a demon presence. It wasn't Kurama or Hei, and then who could it be? It felt so familiar.

Kagome ran downstairs. She grabbed her bow and arrows.

"Kagome what's wrong?" Kuwabara asked.

"I'll be back." They instantly knew.

"Wait, we will go with you." Yusuke stood, and then ran towards her as she hurried out the door, the others in pursuit.

Meanwhile at the well…

"I have to see kagome, she needs to come back. It has been too long." A figure jumped out of the well.

"She needs to save Sango and the others." The creature slowly opened the door. It was bright outside, yet the well house stayed dark, shadowing his every move.

"DEMON COME OUT!" yelled a voice. The demon stepped out obeying the command, showing it's true form. There lay before her eyes lay her adopted son. Shippo. His auburn hair shown bright, his eyes glimmered. He had grown in only a few weeks since she last saw him. He now stood almost as tall as Sota.

"S-Shippo?" The girl questioned. Kagome stood wide-eyed; her heart lunged.

Kagome dropped her bow and arrows and ran towards the kit. Embracing him in a hug, he hugged in return. Tears dripped her face landing softly on his hair.

"Why are you here?" She asked. She picked up the boy hugging him again. The tears stopped.

"You need to save us. All of us, Sango, Miroku, Kirara, Kouga, everyone." He replied.

"Eh hum…" A cough came from behind the reunited couple. Kagome turned to see Kuwabara and the others behind her staring.

"Shippo, these are my friends. Yusuke, Kurama, Hei, and Kuwabara." As she spoke she pointed to every one.

"Guys, this is Shippo. My adopted son." She ruffled his hair. Yusuke and Hiei gave an imaginary growl. Yusuke knew she didn't have a mate, but some how he guessed it was a natural reaction.

"What do you mean, save everyone?" Kurama asked. Trying to move on, to hopefully actually get into the well and onto the journey that lay before them, Yoko was bursting with joy and wanted to escape.

"Well Kikyo, put a spell on Inuyasha. Causing him to rebel against you momma. Miroku and Sango tried to stop her but were almost destroyed. Sango is back at Kaede's; Miroku is hurt as well & hasn't left her side.

"Kirara has a huge gash on her side, almost healed up. Oh and Kouga came to look for you. When he heard that Inuyasha had tried to kill you, he gave his `how dare you hurt my woman' speech and tried to slaughter Inuyasha. Instead Kouga was almost slain too, saved by Ginta and the others. He too is at Kaede's. Honestly Kagome, We need you." Kagome gave a nod. He has surely matured more.

"Well I guess we should be leaving," she said.

"Yes we get to kill some demons!" Yusuke said happily. Kagome gave a smile at how immature he was pretending to be. Shippo noticed the tension between Yusuke and Kagome. He knew that they indeed liked each other.

The group approached the well slowly.

"Kagome?"

"Yes Kuwabara?"

"How do we get through the well?"

"We have to have strong connection, other wise we simply have to be touching each other. So just hold hands or some thing."

Kagome held Shippo with one arm while she put her hand on Yusuke's arm. Hei put a hand on Kurama's shoulder, while Kurama put his hand Kuwabara's shoulder, & so forth.

Soon lights surrounded them as quickly as they appeared, then disappeared.

"We are here. Welcome to Feudal Japan."