Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ The Past Is The Past ❯ Reunion & The Centaur ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

CHAPTER 8: Reunion & The Centaur

A bright blue sky was seen above the well. Hei shot out of the well, Kurama jumped out of the well with Kagome in one arm.

"Dammit Kurama help us out!" Yusuke and Kuwabara yelled in unison. Kagome just dropped down laughing. Shippo gave a slight snicker as Kurama pulled the distressed boys out and muttered a sorry.

"WHO GOES THERE!" yelled a voice. Everyone stopped giggling and turned to see a figure cloaked in the shadows.

"Quit hassling them moron!" Yelled another voice, apparently directed at the first figure.

"IS that? WHO ARE YOU YOUNG PRIESTEST?" the first voice called again.

Kagome stood, Shippo in her arms. Yusuke and Kurama went on either side of the young girl, ready for an attack.

"Well Miroku, Sango, I think you would recognize you dear friend Kagome now?" Another voice replied.

Slowly the group stepped from the shadows. There lay before her eyes once again her shard family, or some of it. Miroku stood tall but his arm in a sling. Sango stood tall too just minor cuts and a gash on her hand. Next the last figure came out and it was Lady Kaede.

"Lady Kaede, Miroku, SANGO!" she yelled the last name. The group went into a clustered hug.

"Kagome, It is very good indeed to see ye well. But we need to return the village. Kirara can't watch Kouga for long." Kagome didn't know what she meant by Kirara watching Koga but decided they might tell later.

"But who are they?" Sango asked tightening her grip on the large weapon.

"Miroku, Sango, Lady Kaede. I want you to meet friends from my time. They are here to help us. This is Kurama and Yusuke. The one in the blue is Kuwabara and Mr. Tall dark and mysterious is Hei." Hei gave a growl, but a shallow smirk, she had said he was tall.

"Well let's head back, I doubt Kirara can hold Koga any longer, that arrogant man…" Kaede muttered.

"Why?" Kagome asked. she couldn't stand it any longer.

"When he heard that Inuyasha had attacked you he went berserk, he has been trying to kill him and find you ever since." Miroku replied.

"Oh."

"Well we are here." Sango commented only to see Kirara running out of the hut growling.

"Kirara?" The now full sized fire Cat stood guard. Staring at kagome, sniffing the air, looking at the others and slowly the expression on her face softened.

The cat changed back to her small size and leaped at Kagome. She rubbed her head affectionately as Kagome petted her.

"It is so cute! Her name is Kirara?" Kuwabara's voice asked.

"Yep, you a cat fan?"

"Oh yeah. That idiot loves cats…"Yusuke commented.

"Yup- HEY!" Yusuke burst out laughing, his friend was slow, very slow.

Kagome watched the two. Shippo approached and tugged at her skirt.

"Yes?"

"Koga." He said pointed to the hut. "He is under one of my scrolls, you know the rock one? And well he is kind of struggling now."

All of a sudden a voice boomed from the hut along with curses and rants.

"KAGOME!!!!"

"SHIPPO GET THIS DAMN THING OFF ME!" Shippo looked up and Kagome gave the approval and watched as Shippo cautiously walked up to the hut. Everyone began to talk, Kurama and Lady Kaede, Sango and Miroku, and he Bickering between Hei and Kuwabara and Yusuke.

"YOU HEARD ME! I SENSE DEMONS!" He continued to rant on and on.

"So… Who is Koga?" Yusuke eyed as he escaped the battle of wits that Hei and Kuwabara we having. Shippo entered the hut and was trying to explain things.

"Well he sort of kidnapped me because I could see the jewel shards. Then he said he loved me & so on. I don't like him though. He's sweet but just not my type. Possessive he is." She looked at him. His emotion looked all screwed up and was that a hint of jealousy?

All of a sudden she tensed up.

"SHIPPO TAKE THE SCROLL OF NOW! EVERYONE GET READY!" Sango Hollered. Everyone braced himself or herself. Miroku and Sango eyeing the forest. Kurama and Hei standing guard glaring at certain energies that they sensed which were switching spots terrifyingly fast. Yusuke readied his spirit gun, Kuwabara his sword, and Kagome her bows and arrows. Koga, who had now arrived out of the hut, brushed himself off and stood next to Kagome bracing himself too.

"Over There!!!" Miroku Pointed.

There lay before there eyes, a gigantic centaur demon stood. He seemed happy that he had found the girl who held the shards of the Shikon no tama.

"That's it?" Yusuke replied. "Anyone of us could kill it in a heart beat" he laughed, the centaur wasn't looking happy now.

"Yusuke, it is masking its power." Kurama pointed out. Indeed he was right, around the centaur's body lay a necklace that seemed to mask it.

"Well good!" Kagome said happily. Everyone turned to see her, even Hiei.

"What?"

"You want it to have more power? Are you crazy?" Kuwabara asked. Koga gave a stifled laugh.

"What are you laughing at mutt?" Yusuke replied.

"YOU, WOMAN. HAND IT OVER OR DIE…. FASTER!" The centaur said in an arrogant yet hollow voice.

"Pugh-lease, you guys need to get more original." Kagome smirked. With that she notched an arrow and launched it. It went forward with a blinding light. It missed.

"Ha, you missed wench!" The centaur replied. Oh no Kagome was pissed now, Yusuke knew that.

"In your dreams!" she made an energy ball and sent it at a terrifyingly speed that Hiei could maybe dodge.

"Spirit GUN!"

BAM. The blasts hit him smack dab in the chest. With one of Yusuke's spirit gun blasts to help along. The centaur died and 3 shards dropped.

"BULLS EYE!" Yusuke said. Kagome looked at him and threw her hand up and gave a high five. They each gave a smile.

"Kagome? Where did -How? What?" Koga stuttered as she congratulated herself.

"Koga, a girl's got to learn how to defend her self. I know Sango's mastered that. I just Miroku would master himself." She laughed. Miroku let his hand slip and Sango in reaction slapped him and banged him upside the head.

"That's my woman." Koga replied. Yusuke gave a growl. Kagome liked him not Koga, right? RIGHT?

"Koga I don't love you and I ain't your woman. Besides don't make me mention those pre-arrangements you had with-" He covered her mouth. She gave a triumphant smile. Kurama and Kuwabara were talking now, Hiei and Sango were glaring, Miroku lay sprawled out on the ground, and Yusuke was listening to Kagome. Koga released his hand.

"You win. But, I do love you."

"Yeah well, you and her have more in common than anything. You're both possessive and what not, anyway. So honestly go with her, besides she loves you, I love you more like a brother." Koga grabbed her hands. Yusuke's temper was rising. Why? Yusuke didn't know. What is this feeling? Do I love again? Yusuke thought.

"You'll always be mine. But… that old hag kept me here too long." With that he sped off.

It was getting dark now. Shippo's story took longer than expected, along with the centaur and Koga's air headed confusion.

Sango and Hiei had finally stopped glaring, Hiei won. Miroku had earned a few bumps from Kurama as he tried to teach him some manners and sadly he failed.

"Kagome how do you manage to maintain a pervert?" Kurama asked. He was annoyed and glared as Miroku tried to attempt Sango again, but again Miroku failed. Kurama didn't like her, he just thought it was rude and well not very gentleman like. Yusuke winced every time Sango hit him.

"Yeah I was wondering too." Yuske winced again.

"No one really knows, we just hit him and hope he learns…eh Hope keyword and besides, Sango takes care of it, either that or Inuyasha." She began to stir the fire and begin dinner. Sango stopped hitting along with the whining from Miroku when they heard Inuyasha's name. Kagome began to mutter arrogant curses that only Kurama and Hiei heard.

"Well that isn't very nice." Kurama said with a smirk. "Let me help you with the food, I think Kuwabara's about to eat himself if we don't hurry."

"What? Oh damn you with that demon hearing. And thanks."

"Yusuke?"

"Yeah?" He replied with one eye open as he leaned against a tree. He had been thinking about her. About her discussion with the wolf demon and about the night before.

"Will you come with me to get fire wood and water?" Sango lifted her gaze from Kirara and raised an eyebrow towards the couple. She saw how his temper rose when she was talking with Koga. Love? Sango inwardly wondered.

"Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, Sure."