Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ The Past Is The Past ❯ Romance~Oh boy ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

CHAPTER 10: Romance ~ Oh boy!

The two were walking towards the forest, eventually going into it. Kagome was first to break the silence.

"I was wondering…"

"Hmm?"

"What do you think of it here? You know, here in the Feudal era…" They came upon a clearing with a lake in the middle. It was beautiful. The shining water reflected the pearly white moon that hung in the dark sky. And the forest emitted shadows from certain angles, along with the lush forest, a breathtaking view.

"Well it supplies you with demons, that's good. Guess too many trees though." Kagome laughed at the tree part. He always had a thing when I came to trees. They came to a lake and looked into the water, the moon set high and bright. Kagome dipped her jug and pushed back some hair that had fallen into her view. Yusuke thought his breathe might stop. She looked absolutely gorgeous under the moonlight. Yusuke dipped his jug next as Kagome stood up placing a cork in the top. Noticing how he was bending over she could help but check him out. OH MY GOD, WHAT THE HELL AM I DOING? Kagome mentally yelled at her self. Taking a deep breath she shoved it aside. With that all mentally boxed up they began to head back.

"And what do you thing of our gang?" She continued, brushing branches from her side.

"Well Sango's cool, little crazy. Miroku is wise but a little pervert. That cat thing, Kirara? Yeah well she's a different story when it comes between her and Kuwabara." They gave a laugh. "And Lastly you." He paused, unsure to answer correctly and openly. "You're real sweet. Everyone knows that." He gave her a glance. Under his gaze she began to get hot and embarrassed, blushing. " Your cute, and funny, a real joy." He began to blush. It had been a while since he had ever had the guts to say that about a girl, ever since Keiko broke up with him.

"Yusuke?" She stopped.

"Mhmm?" He replied in a high squeaky voice, thinking he might have offended her.

"Your real cute and charming when you try to sweet talk you know that?" She turned to look at him, face to face. They were inches from each other, if she just tilted her head up their lips would touch and heaven would be immersed.

"And honestly I'd like to see more of it…" Slowly she lifted her head up, her lips and his intertwined. Yusuke put his arms around her waist and her arms had mysteriously appeared around his neck. The moment seemed like forever, but she slowly pulled back. "But don't loose your tough side, I like that." Inside Yusuke was smirking a mile wide. They pulled away grabbing sticks and heading back. They were almost there.

"You know I like your tough side too! Except when you direct your evil sided intentions on me. Although…." He paused. "You do look really hot and sexy when you get angry. And plus the last time I saw you, you weren't as filled out."

Yusuke mentally winced.

"YUSUKE!" Yusuke made a mad dash, followed by an angry and upset miko. Arriving in record time at the campsite. He dropped the sticks and set the jug down and looked for a place to recover.

"Dammit Kagome, I was only making a point! Besides you know it is true!" He quickly ran behind Kurama who currently sat next to Sango talking about the upcoming events with Naraku.

"THAT'S NOT THE POINT PERVERT!" Kurama and Kuwabara turned their heads now, both focusing on Yusuke wondering what the hell was going on.

"What is going on?" Miroku asked. Hiei had seen the whole event with his Jagon eye. Yusuke was too busy to notice that Hiei had used it while he was flirting with Kagome. He skipped the kissing part and had to wait for them to finish before he went back to spying.

"Hn." Hiei said, hoping the detective would get the fact that he had been spying on them.

Yusuke took the bait.

"HIEI! You were spying on us!" Yusuke yelled. All Kagome did was laugh, she had known he was there.

"Took you long enough to know." Kagome replied. She settled down and began to dish out the food along with the water. Yusuke stood aghast, she knew and she didn't try and stop? What was this some kind of parade?

"Why didn't you stop him?"

"It was faint Yusuke. Besides we only went to get water and some stupid twigs while talking." Everyone had pretty much finished their food in a heartbeat except Hiei who didn't have any, while Kurama and the girls finished last. Sango nudged Kagome in the ribs playfully hoping to get some answers out of the event but got nothing. Yusuke still decided to remain unsatisfied.

Sighing he gave up and leaned against the tree with his hands behind his head staring at the sky. It really was a gorgeous sight. He closed his eyes and began to think. Oh that kiss. She really did like him, but why let Hiei spy? I bet she didn't know till the last minute. Returning his thought back to the kiss, he gave a smile. She felt so warm and comforting. Slowly he placed his hands by his side and slumped down the tree, eyes still closed. Giving another sigh he opened an eye and looked at the gang. Everyone was asleep or trying to sleep. Hiei sat in the tree above him with his eyes closed, resting and ever so watchful. Slowly Yusuke drifted into darkness.

On the other side of camp Kagome seemed to be thinking his same thoughts. She wanted to kiss him more. She wanted to touch his soft lips so that she just could feel like she flew way into heaven. But… did he just find her as an attraction? Caught up in the moment? Kagome gave a sigh. Maybe it's just a fluke, Kagome thought. But… he always was protective of me, ever since we first met. Kagome gave a soft giggle. He stood up for her when she was being teased and just loved to fight the other kids. She also remembered she had a crush on him. Kagome brushed her thumb over her lips. Slowly she closed her gray-blue orbs and seemed to remember the kiss as if it just happened. Giving another sigh she looked around and closed her eyes again, but this time for sleep.

Opening his eyes, Yusuke woke to see Kurama cooking with Kagome by his side, Hiei in his tree, Sango and Miroku at their normal business troubles, and lastly Kuwabara watching the scene play out between the two fighters.

"I'm glad you're awake, breakfast is ready!" Kagome's sweet voice said.

"Sounds good." Yusuke mumbled.

Everyone ate his or her food that was deliciously cooked. It tasted of a chiefs creation and was full of flavor. Its smell could have sent demons to their knees.

Suddenly the sky turned a dark purple, a swirling gray, and a dark faded black. Demons. Everyone stood alert; Hiei with his hand on the hilt of his sword, Kurama with his rose whip, Sango with her Boomerang, and Miroku with his staff in position.

Next a bright light came down in a beam that sent shivers down all humans' spines.

"Miko I want you to meet my friend… Mistuko." A cold voice said.

Kagome looked for it. There it was! Behind the light stood the baboon pelt of the man, crouched on the ground, and his cold laugh ringing clearly.

The light soon faded and there stood a young girl. Her brown hair was full of color and her skin a nice tan. Her eyes were a dazzling violet-navy blue, which stood out in her teal blue kimono with violet designs of sakura blossoms.

"Hello there." Her seductive voice said. Slowly she raised her hands and it seemed as though nothing happened.

"NOBODY MOVE!" Kurama's voice yelled. "They are invisible bombs, any contact could set them off." Boy he was right. Kagome could see them though; they stood like a petal dangling from a spider's web. They looked harmless disguised as leaves.

"Can any of you see them?" Sango asked.

"I can." Kagome said. Nobody else could, but Hiei and Kurama could sense them.

Slowly Kagome raised a foot over the leaf while moving her arms to match the new position. Yusuke held his breath as he watched her.

"Do you like my welcome gift?" Mistuko said sarcastically. Kagome kept moving though, ignoring her snide remarks. Just a little farther, she thought.

"Miko." Her voice said again. "I could kill you in a hearts beat with a flick of the wrist." Her voice sounded annoyed. Hiei, Yusuke, and Kurama's eyes widened.

"But what daddy wants… daddy gets." Her voice sounded pleased. Kagome turned her heard sharply coming nose to nose with one, almost touching.

Mistuko raised her wrist and the leaves flew up. Flicking her wrist to the left, the leaves flew and surrounded Kagome, leaving the others.

"KAGOME!" Kurama yelled.

Kagome couldn't breathe, for if she did she could set them all off.

Yusuke stood helplessly. He couldn't do anything, even if he could get close to her, Mistuko could send the bombs onto her.

"Kagome…" He whispered.

Kagome looked dead onto Mistuko and looked straight into her eyes.

"What in the world are you talking about?" she asked coolly.

"You see Naraku seems to have interest in you. Whether its power or looks. I don't care. I just want to see you suffer." Venom dripped from her last words. Pointing her finger down a leaf moved.

Hitting Kagome's skin it began to burn. Kagome screamed.

"Kagome!" Yusuke yelled.

"Bitch, leave her alone!" Hiei hissed.

Mistuko turned her body at the speed of lightning and looked onto the gang.

"Bastard. You'll pay for your remarks."

Another flick of the wrist and this time a large blast of wind shot them back. Hiei landed on his feet in a crouching attack position, Kurama and the others fell but slowly got up. Hiei used lightning speed and came behind the girl with his kantana raised. Inches from her skull she spoke. "Do you want your friend to die? Even if you kill me the bombs will automatically set off." Hiei stopped. Dammit! They all thought.

`Fox. Find a way to save the Onna.'

`Yes but it is the question how.'

`She can seem them right?'

`Yeah.'

`Hn. Have her guide you around them. Next put your shield on her. Have someone set the bombs off.'

Kurama mentally argued but soon found he was only arguing with nobody.

"Kagome!" Kagome didn't move but closed her eyes and began concentrating. If I can just put a shield around me, I can help the other's defeat this bitch. Her body glowed a soft green and she raised her arms swiftly around the bombs. Yusuke couldn't take it. He lunged at the girl known as Mistuko and shot a spirit gun.

"Let her go dammit!" Yusuke yelled.

"I see you want a fight? Good… she seems closest to you anyway. Your death will pain her the most." She snarled.

Kagome heard her words and worked even harder to put a shield up. A large blast sounded from her direction and everyone's heads turned that way. The bombs were set off. Smoke rose into the sky along with dust.

"No!" Sango yelled. She raced towards Kagome as fast as she could and leaped into the smoke looking for her body.

"Where-" Sango coughed. "Are you-" she coughed again. "Kagome!" Sango placed her mask on and searched for her miko energy.

"Kagome!"

Hiei instantly charged at Mistuko along with Kurama and Yusuke.