Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ The Past Is The Past ❯ Sesshomaru and Lady Rin?! ( Chapter 8 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 12: Sesshomaru and Lady Rin?!

It's been weeks since the Mistuko incident and everyone seemed to be happier. The gang had encountered more demons with more shards and happily ended up gaining eight more shards, having half the jewel filled and knowing where the other half located. Deciding it was finally time for a rest they all headed back to Kagome's time before the big battle.

Silently as they hopped out of the well, Kuwabara went rigid.

"What's wrong?" Kagome asked concerned. Hiei gave a low growl, silencing her voice, and began concentrating on what awaited outside the well house door.

Kagome looked at Yusuke. Yuske gave her hand a tight squeeze and began concentrating too.

"Its outside the well house… Near the shrine stairway." Kurama said sliding the door open he peered out of the well house and across the shrine. Kurama's eyes widened for a moment at whom he saw, but slowly regained consciousness at realizing it was not who he was looking at, but someone totally different. He stood tall, very tall in fact; he had long silvery hair and eyes that were a soft gold with amber hew. He held a calm mask but let it slip with a casual smirk… almost like Youko.

"Who is this guy?" Yusuke asked, who now peered out of the well house too, actually everyone was, and with Hiei hiding in the tree tracking this guys every move.

Kagome starred a little longer, she knew him; she had too. He looked just like Sesshomaru… could he still be alive? Wait! Kagome mentally yelled. Is that? Is that little Rin? Kagome's eyes bulged and she began walking over towards the couple. Indeed they truly did look like a couple, Rin had long black hair and a soft complexion, and her eyes were a light brown with a mysterious darker brown hue.

"Kagome!" Kuwabara yelled. Yuske instantly swung and hit Kuwabara for his stupidity, for now the demon and the young woman were starring at them. Suddenly the demon appeared in front of Kagome, towering above her, his eyes starring at her hard.

Hiei leaped forward, kantana raised, causing the demon to grab Kagome and jump to a distance off where he last was.

"I see he hasn't been better to you." The demon said in cold but concerned voice. Slowly he placed her down near who she assumed was Rin.

Kagome looked into his eyes, testing him for trust.

"Sesshomaru?" She said in a small voice. The demon gave a smirk and turned his amber gaze towards her companions, he gave a low growl. In which Hiei raised and amused eyebrow, examining Sesshomaru's determination to keep Kagome away from him and the gang.

"You do realize that you're traveling with two demons and powerful humans." He stated. Kagome watched as Yusuke clenched and unclenched his fist. Before she could speak yusuke took a swing at it.

"Just who the hell are you?" Yusuke blurted out angrily. In a blink of an eye Sesshomaru appeared in front of Yusuke, at eye-level and teeth bared, growling.

"Do not try me human. I can tell you're a friend of Kagome-sama and I find it hard to believe." Standing straight up he gave a cocky grunt, "Sadly today she will no longer be traveling with you… or anyone." Kurama looked bewildered at the act that he had called Kagome a superior, not that it isn't possible but also the fact that he shunted them away from her.

Kagome who stood next to Rin took a step forward, her anger rising.

"And why the hell not Sesshomaru?" Kagome cursed herself for gaining Yusuke's antics and habits, but stood her ground.

"Because Koenma wants you in the Spirit Realm." A sweet voice said from behind. Kagome gave a small sigh of relief. It was only Koenma.

"How do you know of Koenma?" Kurama asked.

"He is a great ally and assists us in many ways."

"Why hasn't Koenma contacted us then?" Kurama asked.

"Time-travel is never connected with the spirit realm, it ends up deleting our whole data base." A squeaky voice said. "AND Yusuke Urameish you're in big trouble!"

Yusuke rolled his eyes, there in the sky, hidden secretly, was Koenma's large baby head, his pacifier going a million miles an hour babbling about how Yusuke should have returned about a week ago.

"Now…." Koenma panted." I'll Boton make a portal and have you arrive in my office Kagome."

Kagome blinked once and looked up at him as he shuffled papers on his desk.

"What?"

Koenma looked at her. "Boton's going to pick you up by portal, I'm sorry Yusuke but you guys will have to stay away for this meeting."

Hiei looked at Koenma with even more hatred.

`He's hiding something.'

A swirling portal appeared and Kagome stepped through followed by Rin and Sesshomaru. With a loud pop it disappeared with a pinch of smoke.

"I don't like this." Kurama stated out loud. "He's keeping a heavy secret away from us."

"Hn."

"He better not hurt her." Yusuke growled.