Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ The Past Is The Past ❯ Anger and Destruction ( Chapter 9 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Anger and Destruction

Koenma gulped. His eyes landed on the single paper that lay on his desk and his eyes were held with fear and the brink of tears. He had to. It was his father's orders to do it. Or… Koenma raised an eyebrow. Maybe I could twist the rules, he thought. Just a little bit. Not much.

Hearing footsteps he noticed the sudden arrival of the trio and raised his head up and held it high.

Here goes nothing, he thought sarcastically.

"Kagome."

"Yes?"

"There has been a recent discovery of law that has put me in a difficult position." Koenma dabbed the sweat on his forehead. "It brings me to two decisions. One to put you in spirit realm jail or two put you in a long-term debt to me."

"WHAT?" Kagome yelled, "THE HAVE I DONE?"

Koenma jumped up by her outburst looked at Sesshomaru.

"It might be better if I explain miko." Sesshomaru said, " Everyone who has entered the `human world' is human. Therefore since you are not human but a miko, you are a delinquent. Before you protest, yes you were human, yet your not demon, therefore you are criminal but of small charges, since you were human at birth."

Kagome gave a growl.

"Just what am I suppose to do?" Kagome looked at Koenma. "I'm not going to jail and certainly not going to be his slave."

Rin coughed.

"That's where we come in."

Kagome looked at Rin in confusion.

"You mean work for you?" she question in Sesshomaru's direction, they both nodded.

Kagome sat on the floor in frustration. Jail? Or… servant? Kagome mumbled to herself again.

"We will give you some time to think about it." Rin said slowly. " We'll give you a week and two of those days you need to see Lady Genkai."

"Genkai?"

"Yes. You'll ask the spirit detectives."

Kagome sighed and placed her hands on her knees in an Inuyasha style matter. Sesshomaru lifted an eyebrow at her placement.

"Also…" Koenma began slowly, "You cannot tell the Spirit Detectives."

"What?" Kagome barked. Her eyes flared and her energy rising.

Looks like we hit a nerve, Sesshomaru thought.

"Sesshomaru what they hell are you guys doing to me!" she screamed out.

"Please Kagome calm down its not that bad!" Rin assured. "You'll be treated with the best care, certainly better than jail."

"Not that bad?" Kagome stood up sharply and clenched her fist. "Inuyasha betrayed me Rin. He tried to kill me damn it. My life was hell, till Yusuke came along helped me. Now you want me to start from damn square one and leave the one who helped me behind? Leave my family and friends? It's a lot harder!"

Rin raised a hand and smacked her across the face. Kagome fell on her butt in shock, holding her cheek, and currently glaring daggers at the couple.

"I lost my family in one day. Be grateful you have some Kagome." Her eyes hardened a bit. "Don't loose it, be glad this is a small punishment."

With that she turned and left. Kagome turned to Sesshomaru; "She isn't a little kid anymore. She definitely has grown up." She mumbled. Sesshomaru smirked in reply.

Koenma gave a small sigh and sent a portal for her to go home. Stepping through she released her cheek and arrived at the shrine. It was nighttime now, and the moon was bright and was of a large crescent shape. The God tree blew in the wind and the shadows danced with the moving trees.

"She hit you."

Kagome looked around and her gaze landed on the God tree.

"She slapped me."

The figure gave a growl.

"Don't worry, I deserved it. For the things I said, I deserved more than that." Kagome said sadly.

"So what did he want?"

Kagome bit her lip. She couldn't tell. At least she couldn't speak it. Right? Right. Those were his exact words. Kagome smirked and the figure raised an amused eyebrow.

"Search me." She said flat out.

The figure stood silent.

"We'll wait till we enter." She said after another moment passed. "You can tell them all."

"Why don't you?"

"I'm sworn not to."

The figure came from the shadows and his crimson eyes starred at her in seriousness.

"Hn."

With that Hiei and Kagome walked towards the front door of her home. This would certainly be interesting.

Kagome opened her shrine door to the sound of Yusuke yelling at Kuwabara for who knows what. Still yelling Yusuke didn't notice her arrive till Hiei slammed him upside the head and retreated to Kagome's side in a blink of an eye.

"What the- Kagome!" He gasped, eyeing her red cheek that was turning a bruising blue-purple.

Kurama, who had been looking at the floor, looked up in surprise at the fact he didn't notice her earlier and immediately stood up and walked over to her.

"May I?" he asked softly.

Kagome looked into his emerald eyes and muttered a small sure. Kurama pointed and dabbed at the slap, who ever had done this certainly was not human, it would definitely hurt for a while.

"Kagome… what happened? Who did this to you? If it was Koenma-"

"Yusuke." Kagome softly. "It wasn't Koenma. It was a friend of mine… so I hope." She added.

Yusuke pulled down his sleeves, which were rolled up and looked at her dead in the eye as Kurama applied an herb to her cheek.

"What friend does this to you?"

"I deserved it Yusuke."

"Why?" Kuwabara asked.

"I said some things that I should have not said, but I meant them deeply." Kurama, whose head was tilted, voiced Youko's opinion on the matter, " When something is spoke true, do not hide it, but speak it, the truth has its ways."

Kagome winced as he added a liquid type serum to her cheek.

Damn, kagome thought, all this over a slap? Is it that bad?

"Yes." Hiei said, obviously entering her mind.

"How?"

"This demon apparently hit you hard enough to possibly knock you out… that is if you are a human." Hiei gave a hidden smile, which no one caught except Kagome, whom it was only meant to be for.

"What?" Kuwabara swiveled his head left to right trying to piece the conversation together.

"So what did he want?" Yusuke asked. Kagome looked at Hiei then back at Hiei.

"I…. Can not tell."

"WHAT?"

"She is to either go to spirit realm jail or to serve the Lord Sesshomaru and Lady Rin, whom she says is her friend, She's committed an innocent crime but actions must be face with consequences." Hiei said in a harsh one.

"WHAT?" Yusuke yelled.

"WHAT CRIME?" Kurama stated, outraged at the rulers antics and actions.

"Nothing can be done about it. She was born human in the human realm, yet she is no longer human, yet not a demon. There fore since she is no longer human and not a demon she is stuck in between with the punishment of a demon and a human. She's a criminal of small charges."

"I'LL KILL THAT BASTARD," Yusuke growled loudly. Kurama and Hiei nodded in agreement.

Kuwabara silently added, "Kagome…"

"Yes?"

"What's your cats name?" He said happily, holding up Buyo and rubbing his cheek along Buyo's head.

Everyone sweat dropped.

"Buyo, now we'll worry about this tomorrow. Let us all get some rest." Kagome said, yawning she told everyone where to sleep.Kagome said Kuwabara could sleep on the couch, Hiei would sleep in the tree as she assumed, Kurama could sleep in the guest room, and Yusuke could sleep in Souta's room.

"Good night guys." Kuwabara yelled from downstairs.

"Good night." Kurama replied, slowly closing the door.

"Hn." Hiei hopped out of Kagome's window and landed in the tree next to it, eyes shut and muscles relaxed.

Kagome bit her lip as Yusuke walked her to her own room,

"Yusuke?"

"Hmm?"

"I'm sorry."

"For what?" Yusuke asked, confused.

"I'm sorry I can't stay for long." She paused. "I have a week to make my decision, two of those days must be with Lady Genkai."

Yusuke groaned. "Not the old Hag."

Kagome giggled and Yusuke smiled, "Glad to make you laugh." He said quietly dipping his head closer.

"Always…" Kagome raised her chin as Yusuke's lips gently caressed her own. Yusuke gave a small nibble to the bottom of her lip, asking for entrance. Kagome gladly let him entered and their tongues went into a war, which neither could win.

Gasping for breath Kagome gave Yusuke one last hug before going to her bed.

"Night Yusuke" she called softly.

"Good night Kagome." He said, slowly closing the door to her room.