Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ The Phoenix of Templar ❯ The Introduction ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“Rise! Rise mighty conqueror of the netherworld!”
 
The soft grind of stone against stone slowly rumbled through an ancient palace like the hoofs of a thousand speeding horses. A long awaited treasure was said to be buried behind the doors of Templar that could control all of human and demon kind. Tales of the treasure's power had been told throughout the Makai, Tales of a wicked beast who had been called upon from beyond the doors of Templar to aid the Spirit World during the bloody battle against the Netherworld. After the battle it was said the Phoenix had been sealed away behind the doors of its own world by the Spirit World's king to protect humans and to keep the beast from attempting to control the Makai like it did to the world of Templar.
 
Many rumors have been spread about what the beast is. Some say it is a gruesome Ogre who stands taller then any demon and wields a three pronged Ax. Others say it is a Massive Phoenix of blue flames and lightning. No one knows for sure what the beast is but all know who is to wield the Phoenix is to control all around them. With this part of the legend known by all many demons have attempted to find the resting place of the doors to Templar.
 
“Rise beast! Come forth from your world and stand by my side!”
 
For years many searched but none succeeded… until a young demon by the name of Fushicho stumbled across the site of an ancient tomb. Traveling into the tomb he came across the most unexpected thing he thought he would find: the Doors of Templar. Skeletons of the ones who found the tomb before him lay scattered in front of the many doors like markers and warning saying “Not this door.”
 
Twenty different passages, nineteen corpses, one un-marked door. His choice was obvious. He approached the door and looked up at it in awe. He had found the door to Templar. The last remaining choice was the only one for him to choose with certainty so he placed his hands upon the door and called out.
 
“Beast of Templar! I am your master! Come forth and obey my command!” He yelled for the third time. As the doors grinded against the stone beneath them they tossed up a mass of dust causing him to jump back to breath. Slowly the dust settled and the black abyss behind the door revealed it's self. Light flooded the door way and Fushicho covered his eyes so he would not be blinded. A rumbling brutish voice slowly echoed through the chamber. For it's angered tone the words that came to Fushicho's ears were surprising to say the least.
 
“I am sorry to say, but you are too late. A mistress of wind I have chosen for my release. Good day.”
 
The words stopped suddenly and the stone doors flew shut like they were hinged and as light as the wind it's self. Fushicho stared it shocked at the closed stone doors before him. “Wha-what… What is going on?”
 
And so, our story comes to a jolting start. The story of a young woman no older then her low hundreds and no higher then a horse's back. But let's take this tale back a bit before her arrival with the Spirit gang…
 
The Familiar chime of the school bells ringing echoed through an empty courtyard and the streets surrounding a well known public school. A few struggling students rushed to their class rooms as the steady notes started to fade. Soon only one student remained missing without excuse. The student, Yuusuke Urameshi, had often missed school but this time his lack of presence went noticed.
 
“Where is Yuusuke? He said he was going to be here today!” Bellowed a rather frustrated young woman.
 
“Keiko, calm down. He always misses school so why are you so peeved that he isn't here?” Questioned a nearby classmate.
 
Keiko was about to shout back but stopped herself. Deciding to take it out on her boyfriend later she sat down with a huff and pulled out a note-book to take notes in.
 
“Crap! I am so late,” Shouted Urameshi as he rushed out the door of his apartment complex. “Keiko's going to kill me!” Coming to a sudden stop he turned on his heel to run back to his apartment for his backpack but stopped in mid-step. There, in front of the door to his apartment, a young girl stood or did stand as she kicked the door open throwing bits of splintered wood to the ground from the door frame. Yuusuke watched the girl walk without hesitation into his apartment. Stepping into action Yuusuke dashed back to the apartment door but was stopped when the door slammed shut on his face. Slightly stunned he paused for a second before pulled back and rubbing his face with his hands. Growling angrily he shoved the door open and glanced inside. Only about five feet away stood the young girl who was looking into the kitchen.
 
“Hey you! What are you doing in my apartment?” Yuusuke yelled as he stomped in and slammed the door behind him self which simple ricocheted off the latch and remained half open.
 
The girl spun around and glared Yuusuke in the eye. Yuusuke stared blankly at her for a moment before he realized the intruder had to only be an elementary student. She could only be about 10 years old from her size even though her face was rather matured and her electric blue eyes held no innocence in them. Her hair was like wild fire due to the bright orange bulk of her hair and the few blonde strands that had managed to avoid becoming orange like the rest of her hair. As his eyes traveled over the rest of the girl he noticed that her body was fully matured even though she was but a few inches taller then Genkai and she was clothed in a silken blue kimono with a red obi. If it wasn't for the fact that her kimono was torn in various places and the sleeves had been ripped off she could have looked like a miniature geisha, make-up and all.
 
“Are you the famous Spirit Detective Yuusuke Urameshi?” The small woman asked in a voice so mature it really didn't fit her body size. It took Yuusuke a moment to answer because of his surprise. “Well?”
 
“Y-yeah, Who are you?” Realizing that the girl knew who and what he was he quickly assumed a defensive stance.
 
“Where can I find the wielder of the Darkness Dragon?”