Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ The Phoenix of Templar ❯ Dragged Away ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“Huh?” Yuusuke quirked an eyebrow at the girl. “Why are you here if you are looking for Hiei?”
 
The girl's eyes instantly lost their intensity as she cast her gaze to the wall. “So that's the Forbidden child's name…”
 
“You know, he's not a child anymore…” Yuusuke slowly let his guard down. It was rather obvious this girl wasn't after him like he had first thought.
 
“Yes, I know. It is the title I was give to refer to him by…” She responded but after a second she realized what she had said and returned a harsh glance at him. “Where can I find him?”
 
“If you tell me why you are looking for you I might tell you.” Yuusuke said while returning her harsh gaze.
 
“That's none of your business.” The girl said then without warning she charged forward at a sprint towards him.
 
Yuusuke narrowed his eyes then took a fighting stance but a thought soon crept into his head. As the girl came closer he grinned then lurched forward and reached to grab her by the hip, lift her into the air and throw her over his should like a bath towel. The girl let out a startled screech as she was hauled over his shoulder and held there by her legs.
 
“Hey! Put me down this instant!” She shouted angrily as she tried to push herself away from him with her arms and thrashed her legs around as much as she could.
 
“No way kid, no until you explain a few things.” Yuusuke said as he turned to the door and headed towards it.
 
“Wait, where are you going?” She asked worriedly.
 
“To Genkai's temple, They can keep you in check there.” Yuusuke said as he headed out the door and jammed it shut.
 
“Genkai? You mean the genkai who posed as the masked fighter in the Dark Tournament? That Genkai?” She asked in surprise and suddenly stopped struggling.
 
“Yeah, that's her.” Yuusuke said with a shrug. “How do you know so much about us?”
 
“…”
 
“Fine then. I'll beat it out of you later.” Yuusuke's remark earned him a hard pinch on side from the sharp nails of the girl. Yuusuke jumped slightly then rubbed the soar spot on his side. “Just for that I'll be sure to have Kuwabara help me…”
 
Five minutes into the trip to Genkai's Temple Yuusuke stopped all of a sudden. The girl on his shoulder snapped out of a bored trance and attempted to look around Yuusuke's arm to see what the cause of the sudden stop was.
 
“Kurama, What are you doing out of school?” Yuusuke asked the familiar red head in front of him. The girl struggled to get a good look at the man who had just showed up so she stopped and with a huff she crossed her arms and glared at the ground below her.
 
“I had an errand to run for the spirit world. I guess I shouldn't even bother asking you.” Kurama said, referring to the girl slung over his shoulder.
 
“Yeah, I caught her sneaking into my apartment not five minutes ago. You won't believe why.” Yuusuke said with a laugh.
 
“Where are you headed?” Kurama asked curiously.
 
“Genkai's temple. I need to be some answers out of her and I don't think the police would accept an elementary kid.”
 
“Hey!” The girl shouted as she bounced a bit on his shoulder while he laughed. “I'm not a sack of potatoes ya know!”
 
“Oh, she does talk. Do you need a break from carrying her?” Kurama asked with a sincere smile.
 
“Sure. But watch out. She's pretty slippery. I almost dropped her a few time.” Yuusuke said as he bent forward and placed the girl on her feet.
 
“Finally!” The girl said happily before she was spun around to face Kurama. The instant she looked up to him she lost her voice and her eyes grew to the size of saucers. “Y-y-you…you're… Yo…”
 
Kurama looked down at her with a slightly quirked eye brow then lifted her over his shoulder like a fireman would. The girl lay draped over his shoulder silently while she tried to comprehend what she had gotten herself into.
 
“Wow, she is rather light.” Kurama said in slight shock as they started to head down the sidewalk to Genkai's temple.
 
“I know but, I figured she was just scrawny.” Yuusuke said with a shrug but then remembered how she had kicked open his apartment door. “A scrawny but strong little girl…” Kurama glanced over to Yuusuke then turned his attention to where they were going.
 
It had been quite some time since Yuusuke and Kurama had arrived at Genkai's temple with the still name-less girl slung over their shoulder. Upon their arrival they tossed the girl into the pitch black training room that had been used during the third stage of the competition where Yuusuke had fought Kibano with doors locked. The others including Genkai had entered the comforts of the living rooms to enjoy a cup of tea and to discuss the happenings of the day.
 
“She's looking for Hiei?” Genkai ask with a quirked eye brow before taking a small sip from her tea cup.
 
“Yeah, though when I asked why she wouldn't tell me.” Yuusuke said as he stared at the still full cup of tea in front of him.
 
“What did she call him?” Genkai asked.
 
“Wielder of the Black Dragon.”
 
“That's Hiei alright. Why didn't she know his name but recognized our names?” Kurama asked as he held his tea cup in hand.
 
“I don't know. She really didn't want to tell me anything.” Yuusuke sighed.
 
“Perhaps we should have Yukina talk to her.” Kurama suggested as he sipped at his tea.
 
“You mean let them have a girl to girl chat?” Yuusuke said with a grin and a quirked eyebrow.
“I guess you could phrase it that way.” Kurama said with a small shrug. “Usually women talk easier with someone of the same sex. It's almost a proven fact.”
 
“I'll go ask her.” Genkai said as she slowly stood with her empty tea cup in hand.