Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ The Shadows of a Crimson Moon ❯ Remember But Reconcile, The Uechi/Goethe Entailment ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“Koenma!” Yusuke barked deafeningly, his and the two others' images flooding through the broken doorway, which had met the bottom of Yusuke's foot with great strength and force.
 
The toddler flew from off of his wooden seat.
 
Botan was crying, Yusuke was yelling, and Kuwabara had his typically confused look plastered upon his face.
 
When Koenma was informed of the current happening, his small countenance grew a deep crimson.
 
“Kuwabara, Yusuke, you come with me. Botan, you stay here and tell Kurama, and wait to see if she comes back. Let's go.”
 
He jumped off of his timber stool, and in a moment's time, they were running throughout the castle, soon concurring to search out beyond it.
 
“Where the hell is Hiei?” Yusuke finally queried as they darted forth from outside the stone turret.
 
“God knows where,” He scowled resolutely.
 
~.:.~
“Koenma will be going into conniptions when he discovers you're not back in the castle, where he expects you to be.”
 
“He should be aware that I fear neither death, nor pain that this outside world may possibly convey. I am grateful to Koenma, and I did not leave the castle to frighten or startle him. All I needed a rupture in the pattern, so to say.”
 
He remained there, silent before her words.
 
There was nothing left to speak of, and neither of the two souls seated beside one another bothered to refresh their voice boxes and attempt to discover any words to articulate.
 
She arose nimbly, a breath swelling into the depths of her rippled chest.
 
She bowed deeply to Hiei, and turned to take her leave from his presence in silence, when his words had cut her movements in midstream.
 
“Tari,” He shot out somewhat gently, scarlet eyes weighted immensely on the world before him, “I'm sorry that something like this has happened to you.”

She paused, acrid tears forming in her profound evergreen eyes. She clenched her jaw, and folded her palms into fists, and continued walking forth, returning to the castle.
 
As am I, Hiei. As am I.”
 
~.:.~

Kurama held a peculiarly gentle and unflustered look about him as his eyes trailed across the thin pages of the leather bound novel, his thin glasses resting softly upon his beaded nose. Botan strode from one end of the large room to the next with great velocity, her hands pressed firmly together, pressed upon her lips as if in prayer.
 
“Kurama, do you think we should go out and look for her?”
 
He glanced upward with his luminously jade coloured gaze; his flaming crimson tresses cascading down his shoulder as he craned his strong neck lightly.
 
“Koenma instructed us to stay here, Botan,” he replied smoothly, “if she does not return soon, I believe it is safe to say that Yusuke or one of the others have already found her. She does…somewhat stand out from a crowd.”
 
Botan sighed, her lilac tinted eyes trimmed with cerise streaks of fatigue.
“She is very beautiful, isn't she?” She whispered, running a slightly trembling hand through minor strands of her bright cerulean tresses.
 
“Mmmm,” Kurama breathed as he turned a page of the narrative he was interpreting swiftly, “yes, she is. Very beautiful.”
 
The pendulum within the grand chronometer clattered backwards and forwards with great brutality as the hours slipped away from the world.
 
A massive stretch of time had passed when the stillness had finally taken its toll on Botan.
 
“Do you remember one of the things she showed us from her past? It was just after she was taken from her mother and father, and it was-”
 
“I don't think it very kind to reflect on what has happened to her. I personally try to forget what I saw that day.”
 
“Why?”
 
“Because, since when was it any of my personal business what happened to her? She'll be tortured forever by what has been done to her, and she will never recover. I am content with knowing that I aided her and assisted in getting as far away from that.”
 
“So…you don't care to know why or how it happened to her?”
 
“No, quite frankly.”
 
“Are you afraid to know?”
 
“Somewhat.”
 
~.:.~

Her gaze was set downwards as it so often was, her shoulders held flat and ardent as boards.
 
“The very least you could have done was let us know that you were going out. Tari, Tadashi is out there looking for you, and none of us would have been there if he had found you. Do you have any idea how much you worried us?!”
 
Suddenly, she averted her gaze to the face of him, her chiselled collarbone rising and falling continuously as she breathed adamantly.
 
She arose quickly, and turned to abscond wordlessly.
 
She was not about to be scorned and humiliated for doing something that Koenma had once stated she should do. She would not be the subject of torment.
 
“Tari, don't you dare.”
 
Her long, outstretched and nimble fingers sojourned from turning the golden handle of the massive oak door.
 
Her humble breathing ceased.
 
She turned, a bemused glare in her pine coloured eyes, one that none of them had seen before.
 
Without word, she sauntered shadily upwards to Koenma like a lynx, eyes slated into narrow beams of green light.
 
She grasped him firmly by the collar of his uniform, her back parallel to the ochroid wall.
 
She glared deeply into his eyes, a kiss of worried sweat played at his brow.
 
“He tortured me,” she whispered bitterly, a touch of danger in her tone, “with machinery. He ordered me to answer enquiries to which I did not even know the answer to, to begin with. He did not kill me—that would be impossible, however he has bestowed upon me a fate far worse than that of death itself. You have done much for me, Koenma, and I love you like a brother. However, if you attempt to control me in any physical sense, you are becoming no more than he was.”
 
He peered deeply into her eyes.
 
“I'm…sorry, Tari,” He began stammering feebly, “…I had no idea you felt this way. I won't restrain you from what you wish, from now on.”
 
Her eyes opened widely, a look of disbelief in her gaze.
 
“…You think I'm weak, don't you, Koenma?”
 
She lowered him from before her countenance, eyes narrowed forward, and her knuckles white with seeming rage.
 
Koenma choked upon the air gaping into his throat.
 
There was a pulsating emitting from the depths of her bosom, resonating into the cores of her eardrums in a sudden, profound jolt.
 
She lowered her stare, the whites of her eyes still profoundly large.
 
“You think I'm pitiable,” She stammered inadvertently, “Koenma, you think I'm faint-hearted…that…that I'm pusillanimous?!”
 
Tears illuminated her verdant eyes, and it killed him when her thick lashes ceased to flutter slowly.
 
“I-I do not!” Koenma bellowed out shakily, bones quivering beneath the comfort of his flesh.
 
“Than prove it.” A deep, rather unsettling voice rang out from the dimness of the shadows.
 
They turned, and Hiei stood before them in the doorway, eyes narrowed into thin streaks of crimson, his muscled arms intertwined before his chest.
 
“You were borne a death dealer, Tari. I can't believe you'd forget how to battle, considering your genes and ability to survive that Hell. You want to prove your faith in her, Koenma? Then allow her to fight me in training.”