Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ The Shadows of a Crimson Moon ❯ The Memory That Fuels the Fire -In all To Scar of the Armada ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Koenma rolled his eyes to the ceiling about them.
 
“She is not rabid, Kuwabara. She was borne with that form of spiritual power and integrity, and she was merely held dormant in her imprisonment, and she somewhat forgot she had that sort of power and strength.”
 
Yusuke bit down upon his thumb at Koenma's words. “God damn it,” he whispered mutedly, pressing his knuckles into his palm.
 
Kurama managed to smooth out the remaining wrinkles in his trousers, attempting to avoid the conversation completely.
 
Kuwabara looked upward with his beaded ebon eyes. “What is it, Urameshi?” He queried in his typically rasped tone.
 
Yusuke emitted a deep sigh, and suddenly, looked around with a purported jolt of curiosity.
 
“…Where the hell did Hiei go?”
 
~.:.~
 
She was rested upon the windowsill within the silence, the arc of her chin resting upon her ivory forearm; the moon casting its glorious rays upon every curve of her rapturous face, streaks of warm light playing upon the cambers of her bones and fingers.
 
One of her silken legs lay beneath the other, and she remained their in the stillness.
 
“Hiei, please know that your company is welcome. You need not hide in the shadows.”
 
Moments passed after her milken words uttered themselves through her prominent lips, her eyes still overcast the view of the looking glass.
 
Slowly, he emerged from the darkness, arms twined like strands of twine.
 
Gently, she turned, her eyes meeting his own with a flaring intensity.
 
“Please…come and sit if you wish. No need to be on your feet.” She moved her leg from underneath her other, offering him the specified area.
 
He gave no reply.
 
She gave a soft smile, and looked away once more.
 
“It's beautiful, isn't it?” She gave a shaded fade of a smile, and breathed heavily. “I understand I must say this very incessantly, however I find a need to declare such every moment I am given the chance.”
 
He took a few steps forward, into the waxen light.
 
He gazed intently at the young woman, and looked away only when she emanated a soft, tender hint of mirth.
 
“Still attempting Telepathy, Hiei?” Her eyes shimmered like jewels.
 
He gave a sharp, ominous glare, the cavern of his throat caving in slightly with a twinge of annoyance.
 
“I'm sorry, Hiei. I would allow you to read my mind, however I believe you know everything that resides there anyway.”
 
“Tari, you're a fool.”
 
“Am I? Or are you merely fearful that you would unearth me to be a friend if you endorsed the opportunity?”
 
She arose, the tone in her voice ringing like a church bell.
 
His eyes rolled in a sphere movement. “You will never understand onna. You're a foolish twit.”
 
“Your insults are what make you out to be the fool, Hiei.”
 
By this moment, he had managed to come face to face with her, their eyes tearing into one another's fiercely.
 
“I will always be indebted to you for what you did for me, Hiei.” She whispered lushly. “However, I find you almost as potent and vulgar as your words.”
 
“Go to hell,” he growled, and turned to take his leave. He had barely managed to turn the golden faced knob, when Tari's voice had halted him.
 
“I'll tell Yukina you said hello, the next opportunity I have to speak with her.” Tari chimed out tersely.
 
Hiei froze within mid step, when he swirled back around to face her.
 
“And why would you do that?” Hiei snarled out menacingly, ready to lunge out in fury.
 
“Because I know that she is your sister.”
 
He gave out a deep growl as he leapt hurriedly before her, his palm tightening closely around her silken throat.
 
He came to notice her scent of fresh satin that had caused him to hesitate slowly.
 
She said not a word, but felt his grip slacked after a moment of thought.
 
He felt a mixture of hate, and a feeling he had not felt in ages.
 
…Remorse.
 
He moved slightly back, his hands clenched into concrete fists as his knuckled turned white with rage.
 
Her gaze was a soft, gentle and serene holding, a look of warm, brazen green light verdantly radiating forth from their portals. She then lowered her brow, a shadow hovering before that comforting emerald sheen, and, in the light of the moon, Hiei noticed something that had almost killed him.
 
A droplet streamed down her porcelain face, the acrid tear forming streaking down as if applied with the narrow tip of a paintbrush.
 
He stared in slight disbelief.
 
“Tari.” He murmured, his brow creasing beneath its headband.
 
She made not a sound in reply.
 
Tari.” He uttered firmly, anger rising in his voice.
 
~
 
He jolted upright in a flicker of movement, sweat playing upon his concealed forehead, dark ringlets encircling his eyes. Beads of thick sweat glistened down his moulded face as he slowly unbound the white handkerchief from off of his brow, revealing his glorious third eye, The Jagan.
 
“Show me Tari.” He whispered slowly, and suddenly, seconds after the words pursed themselves through his parched lips, the vision came to him in massive fervour.
 
She remained upon the cotton bed, her back parallel to the flooring. Her palm was settled beside her face, fingers slightly sprawled outward. She was not breathing; however that was what he had expected.
 
The light of the crystalline moon shown down upon her figure as Hiei traced the lines of her body with his eyes. She was a deeper shade of pale than usual, her flesh contrasting deeply with the darkness of her lengthy hair, which flowed down her shoulder and arms like a waterfall of ink.
 
She was so beautiful; it was as if the gods themselves had kissed her one by one upon the brow.
 
How divine she was.
 
How conniving.
 
He gave a sharp “Hn”, and her image faded once again, into the instilling shadows.
 
He leaned backward, attempting to fall back into another dreamless sleep; however he could not escape the glory of her enchanting bottle green eyes.
 
“No one runs faster than you can… no one runs faster than you…”
 
~.:.~
 
 
For what had seemed an eternity, only a few days had passed when Tari finally awoke.
 
Her eyes unveiled themselves like a rose would blossom in the spring, mixed within the liquored dew of dreams and far away fantasies.
 
A look of sheer surprise came upon her when her eyes met those of a stranger.
 
Well, somewhat. For the man before was not a foreigner to her acquaintance.
 
“...Koenma?”
 
He gave her a sullen smile.
 
“Please don't worry, Tari. I'm merely in my adult form. Actually, I love the height factor…I think it suits me.”
 
She gave a small breath of laughter, and arose lightly.
 
“You've been under sedatives for about three days now…do you feel any better?”
 
“Yes, quite so, thank you.”
 
“Would you like to stand for a while?”
 
“It would be rather pleasant to do so.”
 
He aided her in standing upright, grasping her frail arm gently as her lengthy tendrils collapsing forth from off of her shoulders.
 
She smiled warmly. “May I have a few moments of solitude, Koenma? I will be out momentarily.”
 
He bowed graciously, and smiled warmly. “Of course Tari. Take as long as you need.”
 
Once he had taken his leave, she went forth to the large oak wardrobe, and unbolted the varnished panels gently.
 
She selected a random combination of articles, and with great tenacity and swiftness, strapped them upon her body in replacement of the robe she had peeled off like a thin coating of wax paper.
 
She found herself in a strap-shouldered chemise of a sallow shade, oddly beaded jewels upon the chest line, and what she didn't quite know to be lengthy denims; a whole upon the left knee.
 
After sliding a thin pair of yellow tinted sandals upon each of her feet, she arose from her sitting position on the bedside, and running her fingers through her silken ebon tendrils, unlatched the grand windowpane and, hesitating only to scan over the chamber with her emerald eyes, leapt from the forty-story castle window like a raven from an evergreen limb.
 
~.:.~
 
“Tari? It's been a few hours…are you all right in there?” Koenma queried as he unlocked the massive door.
 
He gave a firm scowl when he finally took notice of her escape.
 
Rapidly, he removed the communicator from off the clip of his robe, and spoke into it loudly as he took his brisk steps across the corridors.
 
“Yusuke, get everyone together immediately. We have a little task we need to carry out. Meet me in my office with the others at once.”
 
Yeah, whatever Koenma. Give me five minutes to find everyone.”