Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ The Silverfox and the Youko ❯ Almost Prepared ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: IDOYYH ^_^......though I wish the creators owned Keiana. >.>;;

Oh, did you guys know I’m a sophomore now?...I know, I need to learn how to update sooner. But it’s been hard finding time for that. I just got back from two birthday parties, and I did all of my homework before them. So I figured this is the perfect time to work on this fanfic, especially since I finally found the journal I planned out chapter 13,14, and 15 in. ^_^

Seeing how the chapter is already headed at the top of the window, I’ll save some space and start trying to make the chapters longer.

**************************************************************** **************

     Keiana waited patiently for a few minutes, hoping Kurama would pull through. She was still hungry, but the stream that quenched her thirst was good enough to keep her going for now. But if it was anything else that could get her going, it was the eerie presence that stood out from somewhere beyond the bushes.

     It wasn’t just one presence, it was several of them, like a whole troop. The silver blackfox lifted her nose up high into the air with a small whimper as she caught the scent of something she had only smelled once in her life...it smelled like one of sobo-san’s blankets. That of a hog or something like that. Keiana re-called something her human guardian had told her about wild hogs, that they were very dangerous and not to be dwelt with by the young and inexperienced. The ground shook beneath her and the evil aura got stronger. When the boars thrashed onto the scene...Keiana was long gone. This wasn’t the demonic boar’s territory, they were only migratory beasts, but if given the chance, they might have slaughtered the genko.

     Keiana’s feet were so far ahead of her, that she couldn’t stop herself when a high cliff ambushed her. She quickly assumed her human form as she skidded to a stop all the way to the edge and hung on with her front claws. The poor thing panted heavily and heaved herself back up the cliff and stood shakily on the edge, looking down to a magnificent sight. If anything, the mountains was more wide than it was tall. The name, ‘Hiroyama’ would fit this one just perfectly. Trees and wildlife were evenly dispersed through-out pretty much the whole thing. Keiana shielded the high sun from her eyes and scanned the land below to see if she could find any sign of the temple. Just then, Keiana received an unexpected shock as something zoomed over her head and made her fall off the cliff. She shrieked shrilly, almost sure it was the end of the world, before she landed softly on the back of a large beautiful flying...thing. Keiana gripped it’s fur tightly as she sat up and saw the land moving quickly below her. It suddenly dawned on her, that it was Kurama who had caught her, for she recognized his lovely scent. Did he shapeshift? This was one of the first things the genko wanted to learn in her life here in this new world.

     “Kurama?” she spoke. Kurama suddenly made a descent to a large field not too far away. He gracefully landed and took his normal humanoid form with Keiana still on his back. He dropped her, and she fell on her rear with a loud thud.

   “Ouch!” she yelled.”What did you do that–eh?!” as she began to scold him, he knelt down in front of her and touched her arm, near the injury she received from her encounter with the white dragon earlier. It was strange, the wound didn’t hurt earlier, but now it did. Kurama noticed her surprised look as she held a hand over the arm before his hand got any more closer to the wound. He concluded that it wasn’t very long ago when she received the wound. He took out a small green leaf, moved her hand from the wound and held the leaf tightly over it. Soon the leaf began to glow a soft yellow as it did it’s work. After 30 seconds, Kurama removed the leaf and examined the new skin over the spot where the wound use to be. It was almost perfectly healed, for now he noticed a fairly small bruise on her arm below the healed skin. What did this Genko get into in just 45 minutes? The bruise looked ok, though it resembled the effects of a broken arm, but Kurama was sure the arm was not broken. It didn’t seem to cause her too much pain, so he stood up and turned around, getting back on course, for they were now much closer to the temple. Little did they know, there was more company to keep them preoccupied during this trek, and it wasn’t the cat and the dog. It was someone with a much higher ranking than most others in this world. He was of the four powerful cardinal lords. The demon lord of the northern lands. He must have been a big deal, for he intruded upon the lands of the demon lord of the west, with the same intentions as the youko. He even had his own pure hearted hostage, a young wolf demon girl for whom he’d kidnaped as a small cub, and raised her in certain ways that made her respect him with ferocity yet she was a sweet, kind, loving soul.

****************************************************************** **********

     Even though it had only been about two or three days since the two foxes left, Kuronue became slightly restless. He missed the company of the youko as he sat at the edge of his territory, looking out into the distance, where not too long ago, he helped Kurama and Keiana make a big escape from the hunters who wanted their pelt.

  “That’s it...” He said quietly to himself as he stood up and dashed forth, half pacing and half gliding. No foolish little cat girl was going to keep him separated from his best friend forever.

*************************************************************** *************

     “We’ll stop here for the night...” spoke the voice of a lord, who with his royal attire, style, and attitude, walked off into the darkness, leaving his few demon servants and Yuki, the wolf demon girl, who’s long snow white hair, gleamed, even under a crescent moon, with full radiance. Her vulpine, dark, chilly, blue eyes shone as she watched the lord walk off, not sure of whether to follow him or not. The servants set up a camp for the night as she sat not too far away from them, staring longingly into the lush distance of the so-called mountain. She was a very powerful demon, but under the lord’s authority, she had no power whatso-ever.

 “And so, we, rest here...on our way to retrieve a legendary item. I hope Haruko-sama knows what he’s doing...He needs me to retrieve the item, for I am the only one here who can set hands onto it, then he wants to try to corrupt, or find some way he can use it...” Yuki thought to herself. She just wanted to get this over-with. She knew that the lord was trespassing on another lord’s land and there could be spies of the westerly lord out, ready to rat them out and get them in loads of trouble. That’s the last thing she wanted.

**************************************************************** **************

     Kurama, however, trekked onward, even if it meant carrying a whining complaining Keiana on his back for the rest of the trip. He fussed under his breath as he leapt from point A to point B to point C and so on, while the genko slumbered doubtlessly on his back.

 “She’s so humanized, it’s incurably incurable!” he fumed quietly as he made the final stretch to the outer perimeter of the place he so longed to reach. It was dark and foggy, more foggy than any place he’d ever seen. It would be incredibly easy to miss it from a bird’s-eyes point of view. Once again, he dropped her flat on her back as he stepped forward in an sort of awe that didn’t show on his face. Not much expression showed on his face as a matter of fact. Except for when he smirked as he looked back at a fussing Keiana who got up and dusted off her dark blue summer kimono.

 “I really wish you wouldn’t do that...” she said as he kicked down the door to the small entrance to the temple.

 “How would you like to be dropped flat on your butt? Were you dropped on that thick skull of yours when you were little?” She nagged on. Not many dared talk to Kurama that way, with the exception of Kuronue who spoke his mind when it came to Kurama. Yomi probably talked to him that way once or twice in a course of 200 years. The youko leered at Keiana and raised an eye-brow. She stared him down, annoyed by his attitude quite a bit. As if it were a staged attack, hundreds of small lower class demons burst out from the ground and surrounded the pair of kitsune. Kurama heaved a sigh and rolled his eyes.

   “Wait here, smart mouth.” Kurama hissed, as he leapt into the midst of the mass of demons. Keiana clung to the entrance of the temple, trying to wait for Kurama to return, but about 3-5 of the demons snuck their way to up to her and made a dashing leap at her. They were very simple demons. If she wanted to, Keiana could kill them with a nice hard punch in the vital places. She knew how to throw a good punch, but never had she actually had the chance to do it. Plus, having never seen such creatures in her life, fear made her clumsy. The genko made a break for it, running down the tunnel of the entrance that lead farther downward, like an underground tomb. One of the demons made another flying leap at her, launching itself like a rocket intent on bringing her down. Instead, Keiana tripped over a root protruding from the ground, missing the demon by just fractions of a second. She stood up and turned around to try to run back, but the other demons were still following behind, so now she was trapped. The demon made another attempt to bring her down and was successful. It bared it’s fangs as the other demons fought for the next closest spot in line, ready and dying to deprive her of the silverfox blood that ran through her veins. Just then, as the demon was about to pierce Keiana’s major arteries, it was launched off of her with a fatal kick to the face. The other demons had been slaughtered too as well as the rest of the demons left for dead outside of the temple.

  “Stand up, genko, we must move on.” Kurama said firmly as he produced a small blue ball of fire in his palm as a guiding light through the dark underground tunnel. The foxes could see pretty well in the dark, but having a guiding light made it much easier. Keiana stood up and dusted herself off, wondering how many more times she would be thrown onto the ground for some stupid reasons and followed closely behind Kurama as he lead onward down the tunnel.

**************************************************************** **************

     Suukue and Serenia arrived upon a gory scene of slaughtered lower class demons.

 “He couldn’t pick a fight with someone his own class, eh?” Suukue mused. Serenia scoffed and walked forth, almost tripping over the rocks that lined the entrance of the temple.

 “Well, I guess this is it. We’ll really get to see what that hunk is made of, eh?” Serenia chuckled as Suukue glared at her. They too began the trek down the long dark tunnel, with major anticipations for what would happen in the future.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

 

There wasn’t that much dialogue in this chapy, I’ll try to ensure more dialogue in the next one. *nod nod*

ONTO PREVIES!

 Kurama actually glides through the challenges of the first two ogres, and is accompanied by Suukue and Serenia. Suukue has certain realizations and Kurama runs into a big problem when the youkai lord shows up.