Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ The Sin of Regret ❯ Prologue

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Yay! New YYH fic! I thought it'd _never_ happen I'm writing this for my "Kitsune Mythology Challenge", which can be found here: http://www.mediaminer.org/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=1200 9&start=0&rid=0

I don't know how long this'll be (but it _will_ be longish), or just how many bits of mythology I'll incorporate (so far I have three for sure).

Pairings: Kurama/Hiei, Yuusuke/Keiko, Kuwabara/Yukina, and _maybe_ Koenma/Botan

Rating: PG13 (subject to change)

Warning: Angst, Romance, Yaoi, Lime, I'll even try to write a Lemon for this! (I just can't guarantee the results...)

The Sin of Regret

Prologue

It had started shortly after he left the Makai.

At first it was just like an itch he couldn't scratch; he found himself rubbing his chest quite frequently, trying to quell it.

As the days passed it became a dull ache, a bit like a bruise on his heart.

After a month sharp pains started to wake him in the night, eventually increasing in frequency until they interrupted his waking hours as well.

It has been three months since he left the Makai.

Soaked in sweat Kurama gasps for breath, clutching the sheets like a lifeline. Pain radiates throughout his chest. It is as if someone is trying to crush the breath from his lungs with a mace.

There is a banging sound on the edge of Kurama's awareness. It distracts him from the overpowering pain just enough that he can let out a strangled cry.

The next thing he is aware of beyond the pain is cool hands on his forehead and a soft, familiar voice; through tear-filled eyes, Kurama is barely able to recognize the person at his bedside.

`Kaasan.'

The darkness overtakes him suddenly.