Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ The Six Elements ❯ The Mission Begins ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

*Genkai's Temple*
 
“So why did we have to hurry back here?” Noriko asked Yusuke when they got back to Genkai's. “What's the big rush?”
 
“We're leaving,” he muttered. “The old hag says we can't waste anymore time…and I was so close to mastering DDR, too! Damn you Genkai!” Noriko just stood there.
 
“Come on, guys, let's go!” Kuwabara yelled. They all jumped on Puu's back and flew off to demon world.
 
*In Demon World*
 
Puu landed them in a pile of rocks that appeared to be in the middle of nowhere.
 
“Alright, where to, Keiko?” Yusuke asked, jumping off of Puu.
 
“According to the map, we need to go seven miles west of that rock thing over there. And Yusuke, where the hell are you going?” she responded.
 
“Well, apparently towards the rock thing, you coming?”
 
“We're not going to walk, are we?” Keiko asked, fearing the answer.
 
“Well, yea. You can't expect Puu to be your form of transportation everywhere you go. And without even a thank you to the poor creature? That's just rude, Keiko…,” Yusuke said as he walked toward the rock.
 
“Yusuke! Hey! Wait up, you ass!” Keiko yelled as she jumped down and chased after him. The other eight people shrugged and jumped down to follow Yusuke and Keiko. The reached the rock fairly quickly, then realized they had a bit of a problem.
 
“Uh…which way is west?” Kuwabara asked.
 
“That's a good question,” Kurama said, looking around.
 
“Anybody have a compass?” Kimiko asked.
 
“Um…uh…,” Shiina stuttered. “Well…funny story, actually. See, I was wandering around Genkai's temple when I found this really awesome rock. It was all pretty and purple. But I had nowhere to put it. So I thought about it, and decided that we wouldn't need that thing called a compass, so I left it and took the rock instead!” She looked proud of herself. They all just glared at her.
 
“Hey, who trusted her with the compass anyway?” Noriko asked.
 
“That's another good question!” Kurama said, smiling at his ability to pick out the quality questions.
 
“Ok, well, let's just pick a direction and see where it takes us,” Yusuke suggested.
 
“West is that way,” Michiko said. They all looked at her.
 
“And how do you know that?” Hiei asked skeptically.
 
“'cause I can see the castle thing that we're trying to find from here.”
 
“Hey, what do you know? Mich's freakishly tallness is actually good for something!” Tama exclaimed. They nodded and started walking towards the “castle thing”.