Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ The Three Sacred Gems ❯ Meetings and Discoveries ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Three Sacred Gems
 
Chapter 1: Meetings and Discoveries
 
(NOTE: If you don't read the prologue, some references will not make sense.)
 
The screen went black on Koenma's television and the gang was collectively disgusted, some to the extent of anger. Yusuke, feeling both of these, stared at the blank screen in a moment of heated silence before suddenly slamming his fist on Koenma's desk. "Damnit," Yusuke yelled, expression twisted to show exactly how he felt. "Why didn't you tell us about this sooner?!" His demand was directed toward Koenma, who twisted away in his chair, surprised by Yusuke's abrupt outburst, though he should have been expecting as much.
 
"Because, Yusuke... we just found out," Koenma clarified, slowly regaining his composure in the face of Yusuke's rage. Only when Yusuke turned his glare to the desk where his fist had hit did Koenma hop from his chair and walk a few steps away from the group. With his back turned toward them he mumbled and fretted, "The girls are going to be more than displeased when they find out what happened to their teammate."
 
"Girls." Kuwabara's voice came first in quiet disbelief. "You sent girls to do our work," Kuwabara exclaimed as if appalled by the idea. Unbeknownst to him, the 'girls' he was talking about quietly entered the room at that moment and were watching, their anger level already rising at a high rate. "Girls are frail, weak creatures and they don't..." His passionate speech was cut short as an infuriated Aloria slammed him into the wall, her hand encircled around his throat. "What's wrong with girls?" Her question came out in an evil growl, her fangs clearly visible. Kuwabara gulped and searched his empty head for the right answer, but all he managed to stumble out was, "N-Nothing." He frantically shook his head to emphasize this before she threw him to the other side of the room and walked up to Koenma's desk.
 
Koenma, obviously fearing for his well-being, tried unsuccessfully to hide and ended up cornered by Aloria. "And what the hell do you want?!" She screamed at him, only to be pulled away by Chrystal. "That's enough Aloria... I think they get the point: you're pissed," Chrystal reasoned. Apparently Chrystal held some sort of influence over Aloria because, surprisingly, Aloria backed off and said nothing more.
 
"Now, what did you call us here for?" Chrystal's voice boarded being too calm. Koenma went back to his chair and sat before answering. "Oh yes, that... " With a deep breath, Koenma decided to get it all out at once, causing his words to run together. "KelhasbeencapturedbyYakumo..." Yuta's eyes snapped to Koenma and focused on him, hoping he had not said what she thought he had. "What? Speak more slowly and add actual words this time," Chrystal said just as calmly as before. Koenma sighed, realizing there'd be no getting out of this. "Kel has been captured by Yakumo... and is still in the dungeon. She's been tortured," he said, shrinking back in his chair; try as he might, he simply couldn't manage to disappear.
 
"What?!" Yuta, usually too timid and sympathetic for outbursts or glares, turned her brows down in apparent anger, her gray-green eyes glinting with blood lust and jaw muscles tensed. Her thoughts were geared toward outrage at hearing what had become of her half-cousin so much so that she felt as though fire and not blood danced through her veins. Koenma's eyes went wide, his pupils dilated, but his chair would not allow for him to sink back any further. It was at times like these he cursed substantial things. Chrystal narrowed her eyes, which did nothing at all to quell Koenma's dread, and Aloria finally spoke up. "Where is that bastard general of mine?" It was obvious everyone was far from happy, and perhaps even angrier than Koenma had feared. "I'll show him what pain is," she said, clenching her fist. Yuta bit her lip and pushed the anger to the back of her mind, deciding to save it for the one who'd soon be paying for his offense instead of taking it out on Koenma, who was not the enemy. A clearer mind allowed her to be slightly embarrassed over her sudden temperamental flare, but it didn't seem to matter since everyone now watched Koenma, expecting an answer—quickly.
 
Koenma swallowed hard, wishing the attention was not so hard-set on him, and said with a shaky voice, "I don't know; he didn't come here after the guys 'destroyed him', so I have no idea... you should try searching the demon world." Aloria turned and stormed out of the room, slamming the doors behind her and cursing all the way down the hall. "Damnit," Pearl yelled, punching a hole in the wall before walking out, followed by a stunned Chrystal and equally astonished Yuta. It wasn't often that Pearl made such a display of displeasure.
 
Four pairs of eyes stared after the girls. "Damn," Yusuke said, dragging out the syllable, before he registered what was said about Yakumo. Yusuke turned his head back to Koenma and stared, wide-eyed with shocked confusion as he screamed, "What the hell do you mean Yakumo may not be dead!?" Koenma winced, feeling sorry for his own ears and not understanding why everyone found it necessary to yell so much. Well, perhaps he did, but to be so incessant about it was… "Just what I said, Yusuke... I didn't see his death papers so he must not be dead," Koenma said with a little more clarity and composure now that the pissed off girls were out of the room and, hopefully, a long way off. Kuwabara took broke this line of conversation to ask a question worthy of his incompetence. "Who were they?" Koenma did bother trying to hide his annoyance, which was apparent in his tone as he told Kuwabara, "Those are the Spirit Detectives from America... they work for my father, really." The half blank look on Kuwabara's face, signaling another stroke of stupidity from Kuwabara, made Koenma sigh as he braced himself for the myriad of pointless questions he knew was soon to come...
 
Author's Note: If no one reviews then there will be no 'Chapter 2' (which Brandy and I already wrote out). I don't want to continue a story no one likes/reads.