Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ The Twelve Keys ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“What do you want Pacifier Breath?” shouted a young, angry teen. But then again, when has Yusuke Urameshi EVER enjoy a visit with Koenma? If he has, then I dare say I cannot remember a time.
 
Koenma, shrilly calm, stared at Yusuke with the tips of his fingers touching.
 
Yusuke tapped his foot impatiently, “Well? We don't have all day Diaper Face!” Even Kurama seemed a tad bit agitated for being called for and given no answer.
 
Just as Hiei's patience ran thin and started to turn around, Koenma spoke. “I'm afraid the mission I am about to give you can and will affect the next few, and let me tell you, they all will be essential to the very existence of all three worlds.”
 
“What do you mean by… they?” Kurama inquired.
 
Koenma sighed and turned his chair slightly, “It's best you sit down, the length of what I'm about to say will be quite long.”
 
Each spirit detective took a seat to their own desire, some more indifferently than others.
 
“Long ago, before Hiei, Kurama, me; there was a separate world called Vana'diel. There, three countries ruled; Windurst, Bastok, and San d'Oria. Though… they wanted more, much more. They soon came across the existence of the other three worlds. Vana'diel banded together through their mutual loathe… and waged war. It was the only time all three worlds fought along side each other, instead of against. Even still, we were losing, severely. Then, four powerful people from each country united to restore the four worlds… and to close the portal from ours to theirs. They were called the Twelve Keys.”
 
“Yeah, Baby, that was a REAL great history lesson, but what does that have to do with us?” Yusuke asked quite rudely.
 
Koenma gave him an unkind look, “They have been reincarnated into humans, and a demon is after them. I'm not quite sure they remember anything at all from their past life or know how to use their powers! I need you to look for them and give them all the protection you can provide. If their powers were to be used wrongly… well Yusuke I rather not explain what happens after that.”
 
It was silent as the Spirit Detectives took in the information that could, very well change their lives.
 
Kurama broke the silence, “Koenma? Do you have any idea where they are?”
 
He, being Koenma, bit his lip in hesitance, “Yes. I'm pretty sure they know each other… and you will go for the most influential ones first; Ally Oni, Ichigo Dray, Kai Law, and Treboru Eyn.”
 
“Are they hot girls?” Kuwabara asked. Of course, only he (possibly Yusuke) would think of that in a time like this.
 
Hiei glared at him, “Baka.”
 
“What did you say shrimp?!”
 
Kurama sighed, exasperated, “Please Kuwabara.”
 
Kuwabara decided to be smart for once and listened.
------------------------------
Kyoto, Japan. 05:21:35 AM
 
A girl with thick, black hair sat up in her bed. Sweat poured down her body, gluing her nightclothes onto her body. Picking up her glasses from the nightstand next to her bed, she rushed into a room on the far side of the house.
 
“Yuki-san, wake up! Yuki-san!” She said frantic.
 
Yuki, groggily, sat up, “What is it Izzy?”
 
The girl, now known as Izzy relayed the information from her dream, nay, premonition to her boss.
 
Yuki stared at her, eyes glazed over slightly. “I'll call my cousin.”