Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ The Twelve Keys ❯ Chapter One: Ambush ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hiroshima, Japan. 05:46:31 AM
 
The phone rang persistently until a rather shaky hand picked it up, “You better have a reason to be calling so early in the morning onna.” (No her cousin is not Hiei, don't think he would have slept in a bed anyways.)
 
Yuki's laughter rang from the other side, “You crack me up Ally.”
 
“Do NOT tell me you called just so you could laugh,” Ally growled into the receiver.
 
Yuki gave a little humph, “You know me better than that. The Spirit Detectives and who knows what else are after you and the rest of the Assaulters*.”
 
“Mmm.”
 
“This is serious!”
 
“Meh, I know Yu-Chan. What do you propose we do? Wait for them or flee like a bunch of little girls?”
 
“You make staying, and probably fighting to the death, better than living,”
 
Ally shrugged slightly to herself, “You know me. I don't see why they didn't go for the Neutrals though, they are closer to Tokyo.”
 
“Maybe they--" A loud crash interrupted Yuki and Ally swore.
 
Rushing to get ready for the battle, Ally hopped about her room, “I think they're here, send for Tammy and Lia.”
 
As Ally moved to open the door, it burst open and hit the opposite wall. “Thank Kami-sama for my speed,” she muttered to herself as several other people came piling into the room, with several scratches to boot.
 
Ally had waist length, midnight black hair with silver streaks running through it and ivory skin. Her chocolate brown looked over her square glasses at her three friends, limbs intertwined with each other, on the floor.
 
“Have fun getting your bums kicked?” she asked them teasingly.
 
A boy, the shortest among the four, with messy sandy brown hair grumbled at her, rearranging his glasses, “I don't see you helping.” His baby blue eyes didn't make him look threatening, unless his you couldn't see them… then I suppose his tanned skin would THEN make him look dangerous. But you know how it is, don't judge a book by it's cover.
 
“I don't get it,” Ichigo groaned. She had strawberry blonde hair and goldenrod eyes. Her snowy white skin was slightly paler than before.
 
“What don't you get?” Treboru mumbled to her, rubbing his back before blowing his dark blue hair out of his eyes, only to have them return to their normal position, above his gray eyes. His hair seemed to contrast to his pale skin perfectly, the flawless bishounen.
 
“Why did we leave ALL our weapons with Ally?”
 
Ally grinned at her cockily, “Because I'm super speedy and get to you before anything happens?”
 
Her three friends scoffed simultaneously. Ally frowned at them slightly, but shrugged it off. Oho, how she doesn't know this will one day be her downfall, along with… others.
 
Kai moved to the closet and was turning the knob when Ally shouted out, “No, don--… never mind.” She mumbled the last part as heaps upon heaps of stuff bombarded Kai. Looks like someone forgot to clean her room.
 
As Kai unearthed himself, Kurama and Hiei appeared at the door with Yusuke and Kuwabara close behind. Kai growled lowly and threw two swords to Ichigo. She caught it with ease and charged towards Kurama.
 
Grabbing his own weapons, he rushed off to fight Yusuke. Ally sweat dropped at the choices left, the midget or the freakishly tall… thing. Of course the midget was still taller than her, but that was only an inch, I swear! She chose the midget.
 
Her comrades began to fall, but she didn't notice. She did however notice when the Spirit Detective encircled her, “Oh… fuck.”
 
All of a sudden there was a small pop and two girls appeared. The taller one had dark purple hair and azure eyes. Her silver rimmed glasses seemed to bring out their beauty.
 
The other girl had dark brown hair, fading into light brown. Her green eyes sparkled mischievously. Grabbing Ally, they both disappeared with a similar pop.
 
The other girl stared at Kuwabara for a while… until he attacked Yusuke.
 
“What the hell Kuwabaka?!”
 
The purple haired vixen smiled and threw several smoke pellets at the ground making her getaway.
 
The smoke cleared, and Yusuke grumbled at failing a mission.
 
“At least we got the other three?” Kurama said, trying to lighten the mood.
 
“Hn.”
----------------------------
Yokohama, Japan. 5:57:52 AM
 
“Well that was a close one, wasn't it Ly?” the purple haired girl asked.
 
Ally turned from her, “Whatever Lia. They still got Ichigo, Treboru and Kai.”