Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Thief Of My Blood ❯ A Weird Enemy ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 1: A Weird Enemy
 
Yusuke was asleep in his room in Rei-kai when someone pounds on his door. Yusuke opens his eyes somewhat and groggily asks, “What?” The door becomes slightly ajar as a lock of red hair and a green eye become visible to Yusuke. After a few blinks, Yusuke can see Kurama in full view. He sits up in his bed, revealing his white wife beater and light blue boxers that he uses as pajamas. “What's up, Kurama?” he asks sleepily. “Koenma has ordered us into training as soon as possible,” he replies. “Why so early?” Yusuke asks. “He didn't give details. But I suggest you get dressed.” Kurama leaves the room, closing the door quietly behind him. Yusuke sighs and drapes his legs over the side of the bed. “If Pacifier Breath wants us to train this early, something big must be up,” he thinks to himself as he goes through his dresser. Yusuke pulls out a yellow t-shirt and some old jeans and puts them on then head downstairs to meet up with the others.
 
Yusuke and Kuwabara where training together while Hiei and Kurama where training a few meters away. Yusuke and Kuwabara where working on their personal weaknesses while Kurama and Hiei sparred. They trained nonstop until noon when they decided to take a break and get some lunch. They go inside and Kurama makes chicken sandwiches for lunch. While they where eating, Botan enters the kitchen and waves her hand in front of her face. “You guys seriously need to shower,” she says a bit disgusted by the smell of sweat, blood, and dirt. “Well, excuse us. Koenma wants us to train,” Yusuke retorted. “I know. Speaking of which, Koenma wants to see you. Now,” Botan said before heading out of the kitchen. Yusuke sighed annoyed and headed for Koenma's office with the others behind him.
 
Yusuke pushes open the two huge doors and glares at Koenma through multiple ten-foot-high stacks of paper. Koenma pushes the papers out of the way and looks at the four Spirit Detectives tiredly. “What's wrong Koenma? You seem ill,” Kurama said after catching a glimpse of the toddler. “I've been working on filing these papers for three days now. It's all stolen items and deaths of demons.” The boys looked at the papers then back to Koenma. “Please tell me most of it is normal deaths,” Kuwabara pleaded. “I'm afraid not. It appears a demon named Goro is trying to resurrect another demon. I have no idea how, but he's slaughtering numerous demons,” Koenma explained while massaging his temples. “And you want us to stop him,” Yusuke said, predicting what Koenma would say next. “Normally, but I don't know anything about this demon. And there have been numerous counts of a thief stealing rare items and selling them. I need you to stop this thief first.” Kuwabara nodded and slammed his fists together, “Okay! Where do we find this guy?” Yusuke hits Kuwabara over the head and turns to Koenma. “The demon's known as Bikou. Not even its gender is known. Anyone who's seen the demon only sees a blur, it's that fast,” he informs. With that, Koenma summoned a portal and sent the Spirit Detectives to the Vault. There had been rumors that Bikou was going to steal a cursed dragon statue that night. The Spirit Detectives stood in front of the Vault, waiting patiently for Bikou to make its appearance.
 
Hours passed and still no sign of Bikou. Kuwabara was falling asleep while the rest where waiting patiently, though Yusuke's patients where wearing thin. “What time is it?” Yusuke asked. “About two in the morning,” Kurama answered. “Damn it! Where is this guy?!” Yusuke said frustrated. While Yusuke mumbled curses under his breath, Hiei kept an eye out for Bikou. He scanned the area with his jagan eye, just to make sure there wasn't something he was missing. His eyes grew wide as he picked up a faint life sign from inside the Vault. “We've got company,” he said and ran inside. Kurama followed quickly once he understood what Hiei meant. Yusuke kicked Kuwabara in the side and they followed as well. Hiei lead them into this huge chamber filled with all kinds of ancient treasures. Solid gold weapons, golden statues, jeweled weapons, plain jewels; all of that good stuff filled this room. Hiei scanned the room, but he couldn't find anything. “Hey, shrimp. I think your losing it,” Kuwabara said, still half asleep. Hiei glared at Kuwabara and looked back to the room. “There's someone in here,” he said, scanning the room. He felt the same life sign from before leaving the area. He ran towards it and pinned it to the wall. The intruder kicked Hiei in the stomach, causing him to fly into the parallel wall. He held his stomach and got up, attacking the intruder again.
 
Yusuke, Kuwabara and Kurama ran to Hiei's aid. They stared at him fighting the intruder, which was wearing a black, skintight bodysuit with a mask, covering everything except its eyes. “Hey, that's a chick!” Kuwabara said, noticing the intruder's figure. “Who are you?” Kurama demanded. The intruder threw Hiei away from her and she looked to Kurama and the other boys. “Everyone calls me Bikou. You're the first ones to actually see me. I'm impressed,” she said smugly. Her scarlet eyes shined as a small bit of light lit the hallway. She seemed to be the same height as Kurama, maybe an inch shorter. “Is that your real name?” Kuwabara asked. “You're stupid, you know that?” Yusuke said to Kuwabara. Bikou shook her head, “No. And don't expect to get it from me either. Now, if you'll excuse me…” Bikou dashed for the exit with a bag on her shoulder. Hiei ran after her and cut her off. “I don't think so,” he said and held his katana in a striking position. Bikou shook her head and jumped over Hiei when he tried to attack her. “Spirit gun!” Yusuke shouted. Bikou dodged Yusuke's attack as well and disappeared. The boys looked around frantically to find her, but they couldn't. Bikou appeared behind Kuwabara and threw him into Yusuke, which caused both of them to crash into the wall, knocking them both out.
 
Bikou turned to Kurama and Hiei. Hiei lunged at her again but she easily avoided. Bikou grabbed Hiei's katana and sliced his back with it, then hit him over the head with the hilt. Hiei fell to the ground unconscious as Kurama ran to him. Kurama stood in front of Hiei, daring Bikou to make a move. Bikou smirked and took the challenge. She lunged at Kurama, Hiei's katana still in her hand. Kurama pulled out his Rose Whip and lashed it at Bikou. To his surprise, Bikou put Hiei's katana up in front of her and let the whip wrap around it. She then pulled on the katana, beginning a tug-of-war fight with Kurama. “She's strong,” Kurama thinks as he uses all his strength to try and keep his ground. Bikou gave a tug and pulled the whip from Kurama, causing it to wrap all around the katana. She runs at Kurama and slices his chest and stomach with the katana/Rose Whip combination. Kurama fell to the ground, trying to stop the immense bleeding that was coming from his chest. Before he could do anything, he fell unconscious from a blow to the head. Bikou had knocked him out with the hilt of the katana as she did Hiei.
 
Bikou picked up her bag, which she set down before the fight and threw it on her shoulder. She looked back to the four boys who she so easily defeated. She sighed a bit and threw Kuwabara on her back, Yusuke and Hiei on each shoulder, and carried Kurama in her arms. She ran out of the Vault and ran to the mansion where the boys normally stay. She broke in and went into a living area that was there. She put Yusuke and Kuwabara on the floor, Hiei on one couch and Kurama on another. She made sure the coast was clear before she ran upstairs in search of bandages. She found some in a bedroom she assumed was Kurama's due to the red roses on the walls and the family portrait on the nightstand. She took the bandages back downstairs and wrapped up Yusuke and Kuwabara's heads, Hiei's back, and Kurama's chest and stomach. Afterwards, she ran out of the mansion.