Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Thief Of My Blood ❯ Unexpected Rescue ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 2:Unexpected Rescue
 
Kurama awoke to find Botan hovering over him. “You're awake,” she says relieved. Kurama gets up and clenches his stomach; he forgot he was wounded for a moment. He looked around and saw that he was the last to regain consciousness. “Hey, thanks for bandaging us up, but couldn't just heal us?” Yusuke asked. “I didn't patch you up,” Botan said blinking. “What? Then who did?” Kuwabara asked. Botan shrugged, “I dunno. Maybe you should talk to Koenma.” The boys nod and head towards Koenma's office. They go in and they see a tiny ruler heave a sigh of relief, “Where have you four been?”
 
“Getting our asses kicked,” Yusuke said glaring at Koenma. “What was her deal?” Kuwabara asked. Koenma looked up at Yusuke and the others, “What happened?” Kuwabara shrugged, “Ya got me.” Koenma sighed and shook his head. “The last thing I remember is Bikou attacking me,” Kurama said. “Bikou is stronger than I assumed,” Koenma said downheartedly. “Still, who bandaged us?” Yusuke asked. “How should I know? I don't have surveillance cameras all around here,” Koenma sighed. “I believe that is the least of our worries. Bikou is still free and Goro's still trying to resurrect a demon,” Kurama reminded them. The other four nod. “Yeah. I wonder who's stronger.” Kuwabara thought aloud. “It doesn't matter. Right now, Bikou isn't a threat to Rei-kai security. Goro is trying to resurrect who-knows-who and that someone might be an even bigger problem,” Koenma said, “After you are rested up, I need you to go after Goro.” The boys nod and head for their rooms to rest up.
 
A few days later, the boys where completely healed. Koenma had created a portal to take them to Goro's last known whereabouts. Koenma had done some digging and found out a bit about Goro. Goro is a demon whose specialty is alchemy and is very talented in the sciences. He plans on combining his two strengths so he can resurrect an unknown demon for unknown purposes.
 
Yusuke and the others had arrived in a forested area. They all look around, trying to find some indication of where Goro might be. “Hey, guys,” Kuwabara said signaling that there's someone to their left. They run in that direction until they come upon a demon with smoky black hair and beige skin. “Goro!” Yusuke called out. The demon turned around, revealing that he had beady black eyes as well as two horns on his head, like devil horns. He chuckled when he saw Yusuke and the others, “So, Koenma knows what I'm trying to do, eh?”
 
“Damn right! And we're going to stop you!” Kuwabara shouted trying to sound heroic. Goro ran his fingers through his greasy hair with an amused smile on his face. “How can the four of you stop me when she can't even stop me?” he said confidently. “Who is `she'?” Kurama asked. “Only the strongest demon alive, next me and my master,” he boasted. Hiei scoffed, “I highly doubt that.” Hiei got into a fighting stance as did the rest of the Spirit Detectives as Goro just laughed. “If you want to die so eagerly, who am I to stop you,” Goro said as he got into his own fighting stance. He lunged at Yusuke with such speed, none of the boys saw him until after Goro's fist made contact with Yusuke's stomach and Yusuke was flying back into the trees. “Urameshi!” Kuwabara called out. He glared at Goro and lunged at him, Spirit Sword ready to strike. Goro easily moved out of the way and kicked Kuwabara in the stomach, knocking him up into the air. Goro jumped up and slammed his fists into Kuwabara's back, knocking him down to Earth. Kurama and Hiei gritted their teeth and attacked together. Kurama lashed out with his Rose Whip and Hiei used his katana. Goro dodged all of their attacks with ease and blasted them both back with a shot of his demonic energy. Kurama and Hiei both get back up and try again, but his arms turn into sickles and he stabs them both in the stomach, then slices their legs. Goro had all four Spirit Detectives defeated and he hadn't even broken a sweat. He chuckled evilly as he loomed over Hiei and Kurama, ready to finish them off.
 
Kurama and Hiei look up at Goro, looking on as they tried to think of a way to get out of this situation. Nothing came to them as the watched Goro swing his sickle arm down at them. Both boys flinched as the expected the blade to make contact with them, but when they didn't feel the blade, they looked up at Goro. His arm was being held back by something. Kurama looked around Goro and saw the person holding him back. His eyes grew wide with disbelief. “Bikou?!” he said, not believing it. Hiei's eyes grew wide as well, but this just made him more determined to stand up, but he couldn't. The pain in his legs was too great for him to ignore. Goro looked back towards Bikou and smiled wickedly. “You're helping them?” he said skeptically, “You'd think a thief would want the Spirit Detectives dead.”