Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Thief Of My Blood ❯ Operation: Theme Park ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I am but a fan who likes to mess with the characters' lives.
 
Chapter 13:Operation: Theme Park
 
Scarlet and Hiei follow Kurama back to the mansion, both wondering what the heck is going on. Scarlet wondered what the surprise could be. She didn't read Kurama's mind, that'd be cheating. She then saw Yusuke, Kuwabara, Keiko, Yukina and Botan all waiting by the front door. “What's going on?” Scarlet asked. “We've got a surprise for you,” Yusuke said with a secretive smile. “I've gotten that much all ready. Now what's going on?” Kurama nods to Botan and Botan creates a portal and steps through with everyone else following her; leaving Scarlet and Hiei to wonder what's going on. They agree silently to follow and do so.
 
When they step out of the portal, both stare at where they are. All around them where loud noises, screams of enjoyment, loud popping, chains clanking; they where at the theme park. “What the hell?” Scarlet asked, laughing a bit. “We thought you could use a pick me up, so we decided to bring you here,” Yukina said with a smile. “Ya like it?” Yusuke asked. Scarlet laughed, “Looks fun. But to tell the truth, I've never been to a theme park to have fun. Only time I came was when I followed Kurama.”
 
“That's where we got the idea!” Kuwabara said with a smile but still managed to sound a bit stupid. Scarlet smiled at Kurama and Kurama smiled back. “Let's split into groups,” Kurama said. Kuwabara runs over to Yukina and holds her hand, “I'll go with Yukina!” Hiei gave Kuwabara a death glare and was about to beat him when Scarlet interrupted. “Groups of four seem good. I'll go with Yukina and Kuwabara,” she said. Hiei looked to Scarlet, a questioning look in his eyes but no one other than Scarlet seemed to notice. Botan smiled a sly smile at Scarlet. “All right. Why doesn't Hiei join your group and the rest of us will be the other,” she said. “Sounds good to me,” Keiko said, wearing the same smile as Botan. Scarlet rolls her eyes and nods, “Whatever.” With that, Keiko and Botan drag Yusuke and Kurama off one way and Scarlet and Hiei trail behind Yukina and Kuwabara, following them wherever they were headed.
 
Hiei looked at Scarlet, still wondering what was going through her head. “What was that about?” he asked telepathically. “What? Oh, you mean the `groups of four' thing?” She saw Hiei nod slightly. “Come on. It was obvious you where pissed with Kuwabara's actions towards Yukina.”
 
“That still doesn't explain why.”
 
“We joined minds, Hiei. You saw a bit of my past, and I saw a bit of yours. I know Yukina's your sister.” Hiei stopped in his tracks and his eyes grew wide. Before Kuwabara or Yukina could notice Hiei stopped, Scarlet grabbed his hand and started pulling him along. “Don't do that. You'll make Yukina and the baka suspicious.” Hiei shook off his shock and walked in pace with Scarlet. “Still, why handle it this way?”
 
“Frankly, I don't trust him any more than you do around Yukina. She's too nice of a girl. `Sides, I like you too much to see you get thrown in one of those cages because you beat the crap out of Kuwabara.” Hiei looked away from Scarlet, blushing ever so slightly. Scarlet smiled at Hiei then she noticed that Kuwabara had stopped at a very fast rollercoaster. “Let's go on this first!” he said excitedly. With a little deliberation on Yukina's height, meaning Scarlet threatened the guy in charge of the ride with a dagger to his throat, they went on the ride. Afterwards Yukina and Kuwabara exchanged comments about the ride, like how much fun they had.
 
The day went on like that. Kuwabara finding rides for everyone to ride on. Occasionally, Scarlet picked a ride and occasionally, she had to drag Hiei along. Kuwabara got a little annoyed that every time he tried to make a move on Yukina, Scarlet or Hiei kept getting in the way. Then it hit him. He looked around quickly and found what he was looking for. “Come on Yukina. Let's go on this one next,” he said with a smile on his face. Yukina looked up at the ride which read in fancy letters `Tunnel of Love'. Scarlet's face paled and Hiei glared at Kuwabara. “What now, Hiei?”
 
“What do you mean onna?”
 
“You can't be serious about going in after them are you?”
 
“No, I'm not going in there.”
 
“Thank God. You scared me for a moment there. The thought of you wanting to go in there willingly was just scary.”
 
“How can we stop the baka?” Scarlet thought for a moment, but noticed that they where all ready getting on the ride. “Two options now. Wait for them at the end of the ride and beat the crap out of Kuwabara if he tried anything or go in after them and keep an eye on them.” With time running out, they decided to follow Kuwabara and Yukina. The got in the boat right after them and glared at all the romantic atmosphere. “This is gross,” Scarlet said looking around. “I'd think you'd like it in here,” Hiei said disgusted with his surroundings. “I'm not completely like Youko. And I doubt he'd like it in here either. It's way too lovey.” The walls where painted with bubbles and hearts, adorable animals snuggling together, the night time atmosphere, the twinkling lights impersonating starts, the full moon, it was all sickening to them.
 
“The baka's trying something,” Hiei said in low growl. Scarlet pulled out a seed from her pocket and clenched her fist around it. It glowed a slight light blue due to Scarlet's spirit energy and it took the form of a small doll. When she opened her hand, the seed had turned into a small Kuwabara doll. Hiei raised an eyebrow as she handed it to him. “Go ahead. You're the one who can see what he's doing,” she said with a smile as she handed Hiei a small pin.
 
Kuwabara was holding Yukina close to him as they looked up at the fake night sky. “It's so pretty, Kazuma,” Yukina said with a smile. “Not as pretty as you,” Kuwabara said as he leaned in for a kiss but then, “OW!” he said as he felt a sharp pain in his lower back. “Are you all right Kazuma?” Yukina asked. “I think so,” he said, but then he fell forward into the boat. “What the heck?” he said sitting up. He stood up, but immediately fell down again. “What's going on?!” he cried as he got another sharp pain in his butt, leg and arms.
 
The ride was almost over. Hiei teleports himself and Scarlet out of the tunnel and to where the ride lets off and Scarlet destroys the voodoo plant doll. They watch as Yukina and Kuwabara's boat comes out of the tunnel, Yukina looking worried and Kuwabara face down in the boat. He gets up and rubs his head and glares at Hiei and Scarlet as he gets out of the boat. “What?” Scarlet asked. “You did something?!” Kuwabara shouted. “What are you talking about?” Scarlet asked, looking innocent, “How could we do anything? We where waiting for you two right here the whole time.” Kuwabara glared at Hiei who just glared back. “Kazuma, how could you blame them?” Yukina asked, defending Scarlet and Hiei. “But-but- ah forget it,” Kuwabara sighed and walked off before he lost it. Yukina followed after him. Scarlet and Hiei looked at each other and smirked that their plan had worked.
 
When it was dark out, the gang regrouped for the fireworks. During the show, Keiko was leaning on Yusuke, Botan on Kurama and Yukina on Kuwabara. It was a regular romantic setting. Hiei and Scarlet sighed at the site and took a walk away from the show. “It's kinda sad,” Scarlet said, looking up at the sky. Hiei looked at Scarlet, confused. “What is?”
 
“My love life. All the guys who like me are psychos who either want me for my body, my powers, or they just want to destroy the three worlds,” she said with kind of an amused smirk on her face. “Love is for the weak.” Scarlet blinked at Hiei's response. “You calling me weak? `Cause if memory serves, I beat all four of you easily without using any of my specialties.”
 
“But you got caught because you protected us.”
 
“So? You'd do the same thing for Yukina and them.” Hiei shut up after that; she got him. “Hey, let's go in there,” Scarlet said looking at a haunted house type thing. Hiei shrugged and went with her; it was better than being out there with all the lovebirds.
 
They went in and looked around at all the things that would normally scare a human; decapitated bodies, vampires, demons, that kind of stuff. Scarlet and Hiei laughed at some of the other people in there screaming their heads off. Even if it didn't scare them, they had a good time laughing at the pathetic things humans can get scared of. “I guess this is a fun house to us,” Scarlet said as she looked around at the pathetic attempt to capture a demon's looks that was in front of her.
 
Hiei and Scarlet went down another hall. They looked around, everything was different. “What the hell?” Scarlet asked. Next thing she knew, she was falling but she felt someone grab her hand. She looked up and there was Hiei holding onto the edge of the hole that appeared out of nowhere with one hand and the other was holding her hand. Hiei looked like he was straining. Scarlet wasn't heavy, but his grip on the edge of the hole wasn't that strong, and it wasn't like he could take time to get a stronger grip. Scarlet, being light and agile, quickly climbed up Hiei's arm and wrapped her arms around his neck, she was about to grab the edge of hole as well, but someone came over to the edge and looked down at them. Scarlet looked up with wide eyes and Hiei glared at the person. The person then stepped on Hiei's fingers as hard as they could, breaking them all. Hiei did his best to hold on, but he couldn't and he and Scarlet fell into the blackness.