Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Thief Of My Blood ❯ Mourning ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I am but a fan who likes to mess with the characters' lives.
 
Chapter 15:Mourning
 
Kurama broke the chains and grabbed Scarlet's limp body as Yusuke grabbed Hiei's. “Let's get them out of here,” Kurama said and left the room with everyone behind him. They got out of the hideout without much resistance; after all, they killed most everyone getting in. Ayame and Kuwabara did most of the fighting since Kurama and Yusuke where carrying their friends' corpses.
 
Later that day, Hiei and Scarlet's funeral was held. Although neither one of them would want one, they got one. Yukina was crying, tear gems falling onto the floor. When they where about to bury the caskets, Yukina put all the tear gems in two bags, giving one to Scarlet and one to Hiei to have buried with them.
 
Yusuke and Kurama looked at each other, both all ready knowing what the other was thinking. They nodded to each other and walked over to Yukina. “Yukina, can we talk to you?” Yusuke asked. Yukina looked to Yusuke and Kurama with a questioning look but agreed. They lead her outside, underneath Hiei's favorite tree, the place where he and Scarlet where to be buried in a few moments. “What is it?” Yukina asked; her eyes still a bit teary. “It's about your brother,” Yusuke said quietly. “Have you found him?” she asked hopefully. Yusuke and Kurama looked at her sadly. “Hiei was your brother,” Kurama said, his voice almost breaking. Yukina froze; Hiei was her brother? “Why didn't he tell me?” she said, her voice breaking and tears falling from her eyes yet again. “He didn't want to hurt you. He thought that you'd be better off not knowing,” Yusuke said, practically repeating what Hiei had told him. “Why would he think that?” Yukina cried into Kurama's chest. Kurama rubbed Yukina's back in an attempt to calm her down, but nothing worked. It didn't surprise Kurama or Yusuke. She had just found out she had been with her brother all this time and now he's dead. They'd probably have the same reaction.
 
It had been a few days since the funeral. Yukina was still getting over the shock that her brother was Hiei and he was dead. She had to return to Koorime today; the boys offered to walk her, but she insisted on going alone. Before she left however, she thought she'd visit her brother's grave. It all made since now; why he was always protecting her, why he was so abusive towards Kuwabara, all of it. It also explained why Scarlet decided to go with them at the theme park. She didn't let on she noticed, but she did. “I wonder how long Scarlet knew?” she thought to herself as she decided to head back home.
 
Yukina was just a little ways away from the graves when she heard something rumbling. She turned around and hid behind one of the trees nearby. She watched as the ground near the graves shook and broke apart. She gasped as Hiei and Scarlet stepped out of the graves. At first, she was relieved yet scared, but it turned to pure fear when Hiei and Scarlet turned into two demons, one with green skin and black hair and the other with red skin and blonde hair. “That was too easy,” the green one that impersonated Scarlet said. “Yeah, Kyo will be pleased,” the red one said. Yukina couldn't help but gasp which brought the two demons' attention to her. “Let's give Kyo-sama a new toy,” the green one said and appeared behind Yukina and knocked her out. He picked her up and ran back to the base with the red demon.
 
~*~ I'm sorry it's so short, but I don't have much of a choice. I can't let anymore spill in this chapter. And it's an awesome cliffy. ~*~