Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Thief Of My Blood ❯ Silver Moon Ball, Part I ( Chapter 19 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I am but a fan who likes to mess with the characters' lives.
 
AN: My Sci-Fi teacher got on my case about my writing style, so now I've been writing everything the way she said too. I think it might make it a bit easier for you guys to read, but I dunno, but please tell me.
 
Chapter 19: Silver Moon Ball, Part I
 
Kurama, Yusuke and Kuwabara where all sitting in the kitchen; Kurama had just finished making breakfast. They all picked at their food; none of them where really hungry to begin with.
 
Their attention was brought to someone walking in the room. It was Scarlet. They all stared at her as she walked into the room.
 
She stared at them all, her hands on her hips. “What's with the gloomy atmosphere? We're supposed to be partying!”
 
The boys all looked at her confused.
 
Scarlet sighed and looked to Yusuke. “Oh, and Yusuke, remind me to kick your ass later. You weren't helpful at all.”
 
“Scarlet!” everyone shouted gleefully.
 
Yusuke and Kuwabara tackled Scarlet to the ground playfully and started wrestling with her, which she easily won.
 
“Yep, you're normal,” Yusuke said with a playful smile.
 
Scarlet smirked at Yusuke and looked over to Kurama who was just standing there watching the scene. She walked over and Kurama gave her a brotherly hug.
 
“I was worried about you,” he said quietly.
 
“I know. I'm sorry.” Scarlet pulled away from the hug gently and looked at looked at the three boys before her. “By the way, Koenma said he had an assignment for us.”
 
“You gotta be kidding me! You just got back to normal!” Yusuke shouted.
 
“Go take it up with him,” Scarlet said smiling.
 
Kuwabara and Yusuke ran out of the kitchen and upstairs in a hurry. Kurama simply shook his head and looked to Scarlet, “You seem happy.”
 
“I got my memory back. And I've been planning all types of ways to torture Kyo,” she said, smirking evilly.
 
Kurama smiled, “I'm sure all of us would like in on that when you decide.”
 
Scarlet blinked. That was the darkest thing she's ever heard Kurama say. She smiled though. It proved how much he cared for her as a sister. She smiled again then grabbed Kurama's hand and led him up to Koenma's office.
 
When they entered, they found Hiei, Keiko, Yukina and Botan all there waiting for them.
 
“What's going on, Koenma?” Yusuke demanded.
 
“I have an assignment for you all.”
 
“We got that!” he shouted.
 
“Just listen to him,” Scarlet scolded.
 
Yusuke crossed his arms and mumbled something under his breath, but no one seemed to notice. “Well?”
 
Koenma cleared his throat. “This assignment isn't even close to usual.” He looked around at everyone, making sure he had their attention, which he did. “You'll be going to a ball.”
 
“What?!” Yusuke shouted.
 
“A ball moron. The Silver Moon Ball. It's pretty much required that all Rei-kai officers attend it,” Scarlet said matter-of-factly.
 
“So, we have to go?” Kuwabara asked stupidly.
 
“That's why he's telling us to go,” Scarlet growled. Then another thing came to her. “When is it?”
 
“Tomorrow,” Koenma stated simply.
 
“And you're just telling us now?!” Yusuke shouted.
 
“Scarlet was still under the effects of whatever Kyo had done and I wasn't exactly able to before.” Koenma paused then quickly added, “Oh, and the girls are going with you. Date's are required.”
 
Kuwabara started snickering. “That means Hiei's gotta go with Scarlet.”
 
“So what?” Scarlet snapped coldly.
 
Kuwabara was taken aback, almost falling over.
 
Hiei smirked at the scene, but only Kurama noticed.
 
Scarlet sighed and turned her attention back to Koenma. “Is that all?”
 
Koenma nodded and dismissed everyone.
 
Scarlet was ahead of everyone, heading back to her room when she heard Botan's excited voice. “Mall time!”
 
Yusuke groaned, “No way, Botan.”
 
“Come on, Yusuke. You know you don't have a suit,” Keiko stated.
 
“And we all know Hiei doesn't have on,” Botan added.
 
Hiei glared at Botan and would've threatened her if he didn't feel a hand on his shoulder.
 
“Chill girls. I'll make sure they get decent suits,” Scarlet said.
 
None of them would've admitted it, but they where relieved Scarlet stepped in. They weren't exactly looking forward to shopping with Botan.
 
Botan smiled, “All right! I'll go get the money from Koenma!” With that, she ran back towards Koenma's office.
 
Scarlet shook her head, “There's something wrong with her...”
 
The boys all nodded in agreement.
 
Later, the group was at the mall. Botan squealed with excitement and took Keiko and Yukina dress shopping while Scarlet took the boys the other way to get suits.
 
“I can't believe you're doing this…” Yusuke complained.
 
“Quit whining, Yusuke. I'm not looking forward to seeing you in a tux either.” Scarlet smirked at Yusuke's glare.
 
Inside the store, Scarlet pulled the boys around, looking at the different types of suits. After a while, she figured out the best type for each boy.
 
Hiei leaned against the wall near the entrance to the store. He didn't want anything to do with this. What was wrong with what he was wearing? He hated the `formal' rule.
 
Scarlet closed her eyes and imagined each boy in their suits. “Okay…
Kuwabara: light blue tux and neck tie. Kurama: White tux and neck tie. Yusuke: Oh god… traditional black tux and bow tie. That's all I can see you in.”
 
“Hey, what about Shorty?” Kuwabara asked.
 
“Don't worry about Hiei. I'll get him later,” Scarlet said as she tried to find the suits in the boys' sizes.
 
While Yusuke, Kuwabara and Kurama where in the fitting rooms, Scarlet went over to Hiei. “Come on, your turn.”
 
“I refuse to wear a suit.”
 
“Come on, Hiei. Please don't do this.”
 
Hiei looked away from her, arms across his chest.
 
Scarlet caressed his cheek. “Hiei, please…”
 
Hiei sighed and looked into Scarlet's pleading eyes. “Fine….”
 
Scarlet smiled and walked over to the rack of suits, looking for a traditional suit for Hiei as well. She knew he wouldn't wear anything but black.
 
Hiei walked into the fitting room with the suit Scarlet had picked out for him just as the other three where coming out in their suits.
 
“I hate this,” complained Yusuke.”
 
Scarlet smiled, “Well, the girls are gonna be happy. You all look good, even Kuwabara.”
 
Kuwabara smiled, not really getting that it was an insult as well.
 
Scarlet walked over to Yusuke, fixing up his tux a bit since he put the tie on crooked. She then inspected them from all angles. “Nice. Damn I'm good.”
 
Kurama couldn't help but chuckle at his sister. Then his attention was brought to a door opening behind him.
 
There stood Hiei, all in his tux. It was put on rapidly, you could easily tell that due to the wrinkles in the jacket.
 
Scarlet shook her head and walked over to Hiei, straightening out his jacket and buttoned the vest so it was straight.
 
“Man, Hiei, you hate this more than I do,” Yusuke said smirking as Scarlet fixed him up.
 
Scarlet whacked him over the head as she went to pick up a bow tie and placed it around Hiei's neck.
 
Hiei looked like he wanted to rip it off and burn down the store.
 
Scarlet smiled, “There. Much better.”
 
Hiei grunted at the statement and looked at her with anger in his eyes. “Can I take it off now?”
 
Scarlet chuckled. “Yeah, you all can change.”
 
“Thank god!” Yusuke said as he rushed into the changing room, Hiei right behind him.
 
Kurama and Kuwabara shook their heads as they walked back in as well. They didn't understand what the big deal was. It was just a suit.
 
~*~ Sorry about the long wait. I had a huge case of writer's block but I think I'm over it now. Let's hope so. -^_^- ~*~