Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Thief Of My Blood ❯ Tormented Minds ( Chapter 18 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I am but a fan who likes to mess with the characters' lives.
 
AN: I forgot to give props to the note and Scarlet's outfit to Cat. So, props now! Love ya, girl!
 
Chapter 18:Tormented Minds
 
Hiei stared in disbelief at Scarlet. His heart just felt like it was ripped out and shredded into thousands of pieces. “Scarlet, it's us,” Kurama said, approaching them. “I don't know who you are! Stop talking to me like you know me!” she shouted and blasted them all away from her. “Damn, how are we supposed to beat her?” Yusuke asked his friends. Hiei glared at Kyo, the note replaying his mind. “What did you do to her?!” he demanded.
 
Kyo stood up, Scarlet supporting him. He smiled down at Hiei, “I did nothing. This is how I intended her to be. I made a mistake of letting her be too much like Youko, but that's all taken care of now.” Kurama gritted his teeth, losing his temper very rapidly. He lost control and transformed into Youko.
 
Scarlet stared as Kurama transformed into Youko, not believing the sight before her. “Why do I feel like I know him?” she thought to herself as she watched Youko attack Kyo. Everyone seemed surprised that Scarlet didn't stop Youko from attacking Kyo. “Please, stop!” she shouted. She fell to the ground, the dress no longer being very censoring, and she grabbed her head. “Stop it!” she shouted again. “Scarlet!” Hiei called out, running over to her. He held her shoulders and she leaned her head against his shoulder. “Her entire body's shaking…” he thought as he held Scarlet, trying to get her to calm down. It wasn't working; Scarlet's mind was thrashing. It was a battle between what she really knew and what Kyo wanted her to know. Kurama's image was the clearest thing in her mind.
 
“GET YOUR HANDS OFF OF HER!!!!” Kyo said in a rage. He was going to attack Hiei, but Youko's Rose Whip wrapped around him. “You've done enough damage,” he growled and pulled the whip tighter. Kyo growled and teleported out of the room. “Hey, what's going on?” Kuwabara shouted as the castle around them began to fade and as they began to fall into darkness.
 
“Uh, what happened?” Yusuke said as he woke up. “Good, you're awake,” a female voice said. Yusuke's eyes shot open and he saw Botan standing over him. “What happened?” he asked. “Scarlet saved your butts again,” she said. He looked at Botan, confused, “I thought she didn't know who we where?”
 
“She still doesn't, but she saved you anyway,” she said with a sigh. “But why?”
 
“Kurama, that's why. No matter what Kyo did or does, she can't forget the person she's apart of. She's his clone, but they're also like family. There's no way Kyo could erase him from her,” Botan stated with a small smile on her face. Yusuke smiled and looked around, seeing Kuwabara, Hiei and Kurama all out cold in the infirmary. “Where is she?” he asked. “In her room. I helped her change out of that awful dress,” she said, shuddering at the thought. “I'm gonna go talk to her,” he said and left the room.
 
Yusuke walked up to Scarlet's room and knocked, “Scarlet, you in there?”
 
“It's open,” he heard from inside. He opened the door and sighed when he saw Scarlet in her normal clothes. “Yusuke, right?” she asked. Yusuke nodded and shut the door behind him. “How ya doing?” he asked. “I'm fine, but I don't remember anything, according to Botan,” she turned to look at Yusuke, “Do you know what happened to me?” Yusuke sat on the bed next to Scarlet and sighed. “Kind of. Kyo said that this is how he intended you to be, with no free will. I think he erased your memory and created new ones somehow.”
 
“It wouldn't surprise me. He is a psychic demon,” she said, somewhat depressed. Yusuke didn't know what to do. “How can I help her remember?” he wondered. Then something hit him. “Hey, what made you save us?” he asked. “That boy with red hair; when he turned into that guy with silver hair…. I just felt like I knew him. And if you where friends with him… I guess one thing led to another.”
 
FLASH
 
Hiei awoke in the infirmary, praying that everything was just a bad dream, but after he looked around, he knew it wasn't. Paying no heed to Botan, Hiei left he infirmary and headed to his room. “Hiei,” he heard from behind him. He stopped and felt Yukina hug him. “I know you're upset, but it isn't Scarlet's fault, or yours,” she said comfortingly. “I know…. But it still hurts all the same,” he said and pulled away from Yukina and ran into his room.
 
Hiei shut his door and locked it. He slid down, his back on the door. He tried to fight it, but his eyes where tearing. “I can't…” he said as he closed his eyes, tears falling down his face, “I can't be crying…” But he was. As the tears rolled off his face, they crashed to the floor, as small silver orbs.
 
FLASH
 
Yusuke and Scarlet had finished talking, Yusuke doing the best he could to answer all of her questions. Yusuke had left and Scarlet had this nagging feeling in the back of her mind. “Yusuke didn't know too much about me,” she thought as she walked down the hall. She stopped in her tracks. “What?” she thought. She looked towards the door at her left, feeling immense sadness coming from within. She looked down at the ground and saw two silver gems that just rolled out from underneath the door. She picked them up and held them close to her chest, feeling that they where significant somehow. She walked closer to the door, but somehow knew it would be locked. She ran down the hall and back into her room. She then went to the window and climbed out of it. She carefully walked along the ledge until she got to the room from before. It was pitch black, but she knew how to get around that. She quietly opened the window and slipped into the room. She looked at the boy sitting against the door, small silver gems like the ones she found outside his door littering the floor around him. “I never got his name,” she thought as she slowly and stealthily walked over to him. She bent down next to him and put her hand on his shoulder.
 
Hiei's head snapped up as he felt a hand on his shoulder. He saw it was Scarlet and buried his head in his arms, hiding the fact that he was crying. “It's okay,” she said, rubbing his shoulder a bit. Hiei still refused to look at her. Scarlet sat down next to him and pulled him closer to her. “I might not be able to remember anything, but I know you meant something to me,” she whispered in his ear. Hiei's eyes grew wide; did this mean their bond was stronger than Kyo?
 
Scarlet held Hiei close to her, though she had no idea why; she just felt she needed too. Hiei felt his heart racing. He knew what he wanted to do, but he was afraid of his heart being broken again. “Scarlet?” he asked quietly. “Hm?”
 
“What do you think of me? Do I mean anything to you, now?” Scarlet closed her eyes, “I don't even know your name…” Hiei closed his eyes, his heart feeling like it was being crushed. “But,” she continued, “I'm still drawn to you. So if you say `I love you' or something around those lines… I'd say them back, with all my heart.” Hiei stared at Scarlet with warm eyes. “I love you,” he whispered then placed his lips on hers. After a moment, Hiei broke the kiss and looked into Scarlet's eyes. “I love you, too… Hiei, I love you, too.”