Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Thief Of My Blood ❯ Deception ( Chapter 17 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I am but a fan who likes to mess with the characters' lives.
 
Chapter 17:Deception
 
Two months after Scarlet defeated the Ayame impersonate, Scarlet was still out cold. Botan had healed Hiei as well as Yukina as best she could; Yukina finished healing Hiei when she regained consciousness. They had gone on their usual missions and stuff, but there was no sign of Kyo. “Where the heck is that guy?!” Yusuke shouted as he stared angrily out the window. “Please, take it easy, Yusuke,” Keiko pleaded. “How can I?! This guy has humiliated us, captured and tortured three of my friends, used Ayame's image against us, used Hiei and Scarlet's images against us, and I'm supposed to take it easy?!”
 
“We all feel your rage, Yusuke, but getting upset about it isn't going to bring us any closer to finding Kyo,” Kurama stated as calmly as he could. “Hey, where is Hiei?” Kuwabara asked. “In his room. I think Yukina went to check on him,” Botan stated.
 
Botan was only half right. Yukina did check on him, but they left to go to the infirmary; they wanted to check on Scarlet. “Why hasn't she gotten up yet?” Yukina asked, her eyes becoming misty. “The attack she used to defeat that demon, it took most of her life energy,” Hiei replied. Yukina ran to her brother and started crying on his shoulder, “Why?! Everyday we come down here and there's still nothing! I've healed her wounds and give her some of my energy everyday!” Yukina broke down. The floor was becoming littered with tear gems.
 
Hiei wrapped his arms around Yukina, rubbing her back in an attempt to comfort her. “Wake up, Scarlet,” he pleaded in his mind, the scene from when they where in the dungeon replaying in his mind.
 
I winced as a whip came down and cut into me. I could tell by the feel of it that it wasn't a normal whip. I looked up at the whip and felt my eyes grow wide when I saw it was a Rose Whip. The whip came down again and again, cutting into me numerous times. I breathed heavily as my torturer took a few extra seconds to get ready for the final strike with the whip. As the demon was just about to hit me, the whip disintegrated in his hand. The demon turned and glared at Scarlet, who was glaring back at him. I looked over to her, her eyes becoming glazed over, like she was fighting back tears. The demon went over to her and punched her in the face. I tried to break free, but I didn't have the strength to move. She looked back up at him, her eyes filled with hatred, “I'd rather kill myself than let my weapons be used to torture someone I love.” I stared at Scarlet softly, feeling something I never had before, “…onna…”
 
Hiei pushed the memory out of his mind. He could feel his body heat rising and it was making him uncomfortable. He embraced Yukina, hiding his face in her hair. He knew his face was at least pink and it bothered him.
 
Yukina could feel Hiei's uneasiness. She smiled slightly as she hugged her brother, rubbing his back slightly. “It's okay, onni-chan,” she whispered into his ear. Hiei smiled slightly, knowing he had someone to talk to about it.
 
A few days later, while the boys where out on a mission, Yukina visited Scarlet on her own instead of waiting for Hiei to get back. She braced herself as she walked down the long hall. She knew that Scarlet's chances of coming out of her coma where slim. After that attack, she barely had any life energy left. Yukina swallowed, gathering up her courage and walked through the door. The site before her startled her. No one was there! She ran looking for a doctor, but no one was there. She frantically ran around the mansion, looking for someone; she found no one.
 
Panicking, she ran into Koenma's office. “Koenma-sama!” she pleaded. “What is it Yukina?” he asked, seeing the panic on her face. “Everyone had disappeared from the mansion! Including Scarlet!” Koenma's eyes grew wide from Yukina's statement, “Everyone just…. Disappeared?” Yukina nodded, “I was the only one there.” Koenma got up from his desk and turned into his teenage form. “We need to look for clues,” he said. Yukina nodded and they headed back to the mansion to search for anything relating to Scarlet's disappearance.
 
“Man, this is hopeless! We're never going to find that bastard!” Yusuke said, slamming the door behind him. “Because of Hiei and Scarlet, his plans backfired. He's probably thinking of something else,” Kurama said. “You're right,” Koenma said, walking into the room. “What's wrong Koenma,” Kuwabara asked when he saw Koenma's distraught face. Koenma didn't say a thing, he just handed Yusuke. Yusuke read it and his eyes grew wide. “What's it say?” Kuwabara asked. Yusuke passed the note around, from Kuwabara, to Kurama, and finally to Hiei, who crumpled the note and burned it in his hand.
 
`Despite all of experiences together, I thought I'd be considerate and allow you to rest your heart at ease. Don't worry for her, she is my creation, my woman... she's mine; and as such I shall take very good care of her. You'd do best to forget she ever existed, my little friend, for she will surely forget you.'
 
“What's with this guy?” Kuwabara said, disgusted with Kyo. “He's despicable,” Kurama said, clenching his fists at his sides, so tightly, his nails drew blood from his palms. “This bastard is the lowest,” Yusuke growled. Everyone stood there, stewing in their own anger and worry for a few moments before Kurama thought of something. “Hiei, Kyo said you and Scarlet joined minds. Is that true or did he make that up?” Everyone's attention turned to Hiei. Until now, Hiei had been gritting his teeth so hard it's a miracle they didn't break. He looked to Kurama, debating on telling them, but Kurama wouldn't ask if he didn't think it wouldn't help. “Yes, it did happen.”
 
“That means you'd have an easier time locating her with your Jagan eye,” Kurama said. Hiei got where he was getting at and immediately began searching. His eyes shot open as he found Scarlet's location. He darted out the door, the other three boys following close behind him.
 
After a long run and fighting many demons, they came across Kyo's hideout. Hiei darted in ahead of the others. “Please, just be okay, Scarlet,” he pleaded in his mind over and over again. Every once in a while, he'd stop and search with his Jagan eye, then start up again; this allowed the other boys to catch up. He kept running until he came into the main chamber. He stopped, searching for Scarlet with his Jagan eye once again, but before he could start running again, all the doors in the chamber slammed shut. “Damn it!” Yusuke said as he looked around the room, trying to find a way out.
 
Footsteps where heard coming from the northern part of the chamber. “It took you long enough to get here,” Kyo said with an evil smirk on his face. All four boys growled at him as he came out of the shadows. “Such hostility. How rude of you. There's a lady present,” Kyo said, signaling to his left. There, in the corner of the room, was Scarlet, awake, but dressed in a slinky skin tight black dress with no back and just enough to cover her ass, that is, until she bends down with black shoes the lace up her leg to her mid calf.
 
“Scarlet!” Kurama shouted over to her in worry. “He's playing `dress up' with her!” Yusuke exclaimed, his anger rising. Who knows what else he's done to her while they've been gone. They couldn't stand it anymore. All four boys rushed Kyo, and surprisingly wounded him pretty badly. Hiei was just about to finish Kyo off, when Scarlet jumped in between them. Hiei stopped in his tracks, staring in disbelief at Scarlet. “Onna, move!” he shouted at her. “No! I won't let you harm, Kyo!” she shouted back. “Are you crazy onna?! We're here to get you out of here!” he said, grabbing Scarlet's arm, but she jerked her arm away. “How dare you talk to me as if you know me! How dare you try and take me away from my love!”