Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Thieves ❯ Problems ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Heya! I'm back! Sorry it took me so long, I've had major writers block with this story. This is going to be a very short chapter, again I'm sorry. Thank you everyone who has reviewed, it helps a lot.

I don't own yu yu hakusho.

Chapter 4.

Problems

The four thieves left the woods, deciding it would be safer for the girls if they were gone. They stayed the rest of the night at a lake a few miles away. When dawn came, Saira and Minai left.

"You think the guys will be alright?" Minai asked.

Saira laughed. "They got alone fine without us for a long time. They'll be okay."

"That, my friend, is a matter of opinion," Minai giggled.

The two laughed.

Kurama frowned after them. "What do they think we are, children?"

Kuronue, a little calmer than the fox, just looked up. They sat in silence for a while, Kurama looking off into the trees and Kuronue absently fingering his pendent.

"Do you really think this will work?" Kuronue asked finally.

"What?" Kurama muttered.

"Using ningen technology. Do you think it will work?'

Kurama thought for a moment. "Perhaps…"

Kuronue shrugged. "If it doesn't we'll figure something out."

Kurama nodded. The two fell into silence again. Kuronue had a very bad feeling all of a sudden. Something was going to happen he could feel it.

"Maybe we should have gone with the girls," Kuronue said finally.

Kurama scoffed. "Why? Are you scared?"

Kuronue growled and looked off into the woods silently. Kurama laughed, which only served to anger Kuronue more. The winged demon finally stood up and stormed away.

Kurama stopped laughing and blinked after Kuronue's retreating form. "Aw, come on -"

His words fell on deaf ears, Kuronue was not listening.

Kuronue finally stopped walking when he was far away from the camp. He knew he should not have gotten angry, but he couldn't help it. Kurama had no right to laugh at him.

Kuronue stopped fuming long enough to realize something was strange. He frowned and studied the trees around him. Nothing seemed wrong. It was quiet -

Too quiet, he realized. There was no movement, no bird twittering, and no insects chirping or buzzing. There was literally nothing!

Before Kuronue had much time to think, an arrow struck the tree beside him. He ducked out of reflex; his eyes searched for any sign of his attacker. Seeing a shadow in the brush, he drew a scythe from behind his back. He was prepared to fight if he had to.

 

That was really, really short. I'm sorry. I'll try to post the next chapter soon… but I just haven't had much inspiration. Anyway, please review, and any information is still appreciated.