Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Thieves ❯ Into the Keep ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hello, again. This is going to be a really short chapter. First, though, some of you have asked questions…. one to be exact. Lol.

Maverick_soldier: I am writing this as I go along, so if the chapters are too short, I'm sorry.

And I want to congratulate Kuronue; you are really, really close to why Minai knew so much about the Moon demons. It will all be explained this chapter, I promise.

Oh, and I don't own yu yu hakusho, okay?

Chapter 7

Into the Keep

The four companions stood outside the fortress. Kurama and Kuronue showed the girls a secret entrance.

"Well, here we go," Minai said, handing each of her friends a walkie-talkie.

"As long as there are no more spiders, huh?" Saira teased.

Minai just frowned.

"Alright, let's do this," Kurama said quietly.

The four thieves entered the back way. As they did, Kurama went over the plan in his mind. The four would follow a hallway down under the rest of the keep. The hall split and the four companions would split into pairs. A little while later, the halls would branch off into four separate passages and all the demons would go on alone. Kurama turned to look at the thieves behind him. Kuronue, his best and closest friend who had always stood by him. Minai, calm and quiet, mysterious yet always willing to help. And Saira, smart and brave, and no matter what he said, Kurama really did like her company. As he glanced back at his three friends, he had the distinct feeling that something bad was going to happen. Why did he feel like this would be the last time they would all be together and safe?

The hall split into to different passages. The four teammates turned to each other. Saira and Minai hugged each other.

"Be careful," Saira said quietly.

"Same to you," Minai whispered.

Kuronue and Kurama turned to each other. "Good luck," Kuronue said.

Kurama nodded. The four demons separated into pairs. Minai went with Kuronue, and Saira went with Kurama. Kurama glanced back at the forms of Kuronue and Saira, deeply disturbed by his uneasy feeling.

Saira touched his arm. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing."

The red kitsune frowned at him. "Kurama, if something's bothering you -"

"I'm fine," he said turning to her.

For a moment the two kitsunes glared at each other in a furious staring contest. Kurama sighed finally and turned away from the other kitsune. Saira continued to watch him.

"Kurama, please, if something is wrong…"

Kurama shook his head, sending his silvery hair flying. "Nothing is wrong."

Saira sighed, frustrated, and began walking again. "Whatever."

Kurama blinked after her, then sighed and followed.

*                      &nb sp;                       *                      &nb sp;                       &nb sp;                       *

Kuronue and Minai walked side by side. It was eerily quiet.

"Don't you think it's kind of strange?" Minai whispered finally.

"Hm?"

 "It's so quiet and we haven't run into a single trap yet," Minai whispered.

Kuronue glanced around the dim passage. She was right. "Maybe they don't expect people to come this way or find this place. It is abandoned, but-"

"Don't count on it," Minai finished for him.

Kuronue looked at her and smiled a little. "You know, I just realized I don't know that much about you. I don't even know what kind of demon you are."

"Not many people do," Minai smiled.

"Are you going to tell me?" Kuronue asked. He stopped and turned to her.

"The truth?"

Kuronue nodded as Minai looked at him. She watched him as though debating whether or not to tell him.

She sighed. "Do you promise not to tell anyone? Not even Kurama?"

Kuronue hesitated a moment before nodding. If it was something that could endanger them, he would tell Kurama. Otherwise, he would keep her secret.

Minai sighed again. "Do you remember when I told you about the three tribes of the Moon demons?"

Kuronue nodded, not sure where this was going.

"When the Nelory and the Duroni tribes were destroyed, the Ketora tribe hid, not wanting to be around the other demons of this world. The Moon demons became a legend, a myth."

Kuronue frowned a little. Where was she going with this?

"Before the other tribes were destroyed, the Ketora was the most powerful. The royal family of the Moon demons was from the Ketora tribe. After the demise of the other tribes, the Ketora did their best to carry on, but in the end, they were forced to run from the other demons. They hid in the forest where no one could find them."

Kuronue frowned. "Minai…?"

The girl took a deep breath. "I am Minai, princess of the Ketora tribe of the Moon demons."

 

Muahaha! I know that was way too short, but if I tried to make it longer, it would have been, like, another week before I updated. Sorry. In any case, the next chapter should be interesting. Here's a hint: the chapter title is "Disaster" Please review and tell me what you think. Thanks!